xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Qwix Can Read Xbox 360 Images  (Read 1007 times)

Devenic

• Archived User
Qwix Can Read Xbox 360 Images
« on: December 15, 2005, 08:36:00 AM »

Ok, before everyone gets carried away with all of the recent Xbox 360 news I wanted to let you know what we've found.  There's been a lot of hype about Xbox 360 disc images and some new tools appearing to extract those images.  Existing Xbox tools should already be able to extract them.  Qwix 1.01 (the most recent public release version) can extract them if you just change the file extension to .iso instead.  I'm not sure if other existing Xbox tools will work, but I suspect most/all of them will.

I'm trying to help avoid seeing a whole new batch of 360 iso tools, when they're really doing the same thing as all the old Xbox tools.  The scene saw a lot of iso extraction/creation software surface, and some of them were quite buggy and caused people to waste a lot of time (and blank discs).  There's nothing new/magical about the Xbox 360 images.

As far as Qwix is concerned - yes, Qwix 2.0 is in the works.  It has been for quite a while.  Real life caught up with me and changed my priorities.  It has some great enhancements that should make existing Qwix users happy.  I don't know exactly when I'll get to release it, but it should be in the not-too-distant future.

Happy holidays from Devenic and Team Avalaunch!

k0ldfusi0n

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »

you cant beat the old reliable qwix  love.gif  cant wait for v2 and youre right about duping every tool there is already well most

Hack_Bird

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 09:53:00 AM »

Thankxx, my desktop should be almost empty and No crap of that buggy sOftware. Qwix Rulezzz

rocarmy4life

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »

i used to use qwix... but not i use c-xbox tool (i think thats how u spell it) its on my home PC, im at work right now... can anyone confirm that c-xbox tool can extract 360 iso's as well?

dikdiamond

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »

Qwix rules indeed,can't wit for v2.0 to be released  smile.gif

Aron Parsons

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »

Sweet.  Qwix has been my tool since it first came out and I've never had a single issue with it (aside from GUI annoyances).  Can't wait to see v2 (for Xbox use of course, fuck 360!).

Devenic

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 10:05:00 AM »

What GUI annoyances?  If they're not too time consuming to address, they could be changed for v2.0.

cyberplague

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »

Great news!  Qwix is the only way to fly...

So yeah if you need...umm a beta test for v2... I would be more then willing, pmsg me.

Love my xbox 360 and my xbox....  

GO TEAM!

CP

wsly

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »

I'm in for a beta test!

Knocks

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »

Qwix is the single coolest Xbox program for PC.  Thanks for the update and happy holidays!

kidkinetix

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »

A new version would be nice.  Still the only program i use for iso management smile.gif.

.360 was a silly extension to begin with, charming i suppose but if the isos are so similar why bother.  thanks for the news Devenic.

spid

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »

SWEET!  biggrin.gif

I also used Qwix since it came out (with Ava ofcourse) and i still do!

If you need another beta tester, count me in!

UrbanRiot

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(rocarmy4life @ Dec 15 2005, 05:57 PM) *

i used to use qwix... but not i use c-xbox tool (i think thats how u spell it) its on my home PC, im at work right now... can anyone confirm that c-xbox tool can extract 360 iso's as well?

Agreed, I use C-Xbox tool as well (since it's far more serious and stable than Craxtion) for making multi-game DVD's.

However, when it comes to Xbox game management and ISO creation, Qwix and Ava are the best combination. I was excited to read today that there will soon be a Qwix 2.0, however I can't think of how else they could improve this software.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)

Possibly they could make a few things more intuitive... but really, the program rocks.

Evil-Angel

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »

Nice works boys   biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  i will wish all forums reader in here a happy holiday too

And to all cracker and hackars crack xbox 360 for us now and show m$ that you are smarter then them  muhaha.gif

Cheers all

generalnewbie

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »

i would love to see the speed issues that you get when you use avalaunch and qwix in other dashboards.

Personally xbmc.. seeing that i never seem to get past 6000kbs and when avalaunch and qwix are used i get around 8-9000kbs

thats something i hope to see in the next version.
any release logs of what will be added"?
Pages: [1] 2 3