xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fix for Nforce AMD64 motherboards breaking Qwix  (Read 746 times)

sup191

• Archived User
Fix for Nforce AMD64 motherboards breaking Qwix
« on: February 17, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »

If you have an Nforce3 board and are using the build in LAN, this should (hopefully) fix your problem:

1:  Goto "Start" > "Control Panel".
2:  Double click to open "Network Connections".
3:  Right click on your network adapter and go to properties (should be labeled as "NVIDIA nForce Ethernet Controller").
4:  Click on "Configure" and go to the "Advanced" tab.
5:  Select "Checksum Offload" and choose disable in the window to the right.
6:  Click on Ok.

I don't know if this works on other Nforce MB's or not, but it DID finally let my Qwix transfer ISO's again.  It also let my remote access program connect again which had stopped working when I upgraded to the Athlon 64.  Hopefully this will help a few others out there fix theie problems.

If this has already been discussed, I apoligize.  I'm too lazy to search at the moment...   :P <

Head

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »

Just wanted to add that this fix worked for my DFI Lanparty Nforce4 Ultra-D motherboard. <

SScorpio

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Signal7

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »

Thanks for the tip.

I also had to disable flow control to get it to work.

This tip also increased ftp speeds with other clients. Finally FlashFXP is acting like it used to again! If you have this adapter defininately follow this advice.

Thank you! <

zz0924

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »

This tip actually works on NONE-Nforce AMD64 system.
I running a P4+Abit MAX3, Qwix worked couple times before.
I got the FTP freeze problem last week.
As soon as I DISABLE the "Offload Transmit TCP Checksum", Qwix's FTP works again.  
Thank you. <

ebolla

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 06:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(sup191 @ Feb 17 2005, 01:33 PM)
If you have an Nforce3 board and are using the build in LAN, this should (hopefully) fix your problem:

1:  Goto "Start" > "Control Panel".
2:  Double click to open "Network Connections".
3:  Right click on your network adapter and go to properties (should be labeled as "NVIDIA nForce Ethernet Controller").
4:  Click on "Configure" and go to the "Advanced" tab.
5:  Select "Checksum Offload" and choose disable in the window to the right.
6:  Click on Ok.

I don't know if this works on other Nforce MB's or not, but it DID finally let my Qwix transfer ISO's again.  It also let my remote access program connect again which had stopped working when I upgraded to the Athlon 64.  Hopefully this will help a few others out there fix theie problems.

If this has already been discussed, I apoligize.  I'm too lazy to search at the moment...   :P

I am using a Dell Inspiron 8300 (P4 with an intel nic)  I don't have a Checksum option however Qwix will not install a game from an ISO.  it won't even start.  It just stays there thinking for at least an hour (I killed it from CTRL-ALT-DEL at that point).   Any ideas?

suppe

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »

Could anyone of you get some screenshots of this since i use a Swedish XP and i cant find this "5:  Select "Checksum Offload" and choose disable in the window to the right." - anywere.

Thanks. <

woodmedic

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »

I am new to the x-box scene.  I had the same problem as described here.  I tried all of the fixes here with no results.  I finally got it to work after many tries.  After it worked I noticed my internet connection would not work.  I had to reset my linksys wireless ap to get on the net again.  After this quix would freeze again.  I then unplugged my wan port on the wireless ap and once again quix would transfer.  I have some kind of problem with my ap. <

seedyrom2003

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 01:08:00 AM »

Geezus, This saved me from doing a reformat, I cant thank you enough. THANKS!! <

woodmedic

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »

Come to find out......I think when I updated the firmware in my Linksys router is when Quix began working! <

Shredomatic

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 10:32:00 PM »

smile.gif

RaVeN-mmb

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »

Where do you d/l this at I cant see it in any of the posts? <

onegative

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »

Hello,

I just got a new computer featuring a MSI 945G Neo. The ethernet controler is Intel PRO/1000.

I have the same problem with qwix, I can browse my games and delete them but if I want to upload a game to the xbox, I get stuck at 0% then the ftp on avalaunch is not responding.

I have a french version of windows xp and I can't find the "checksum offload" anyone knows if it is specific to the nforce driver?

Does anyone experienced the same problem with an intel NIC?

Could someone post a screenshot of the configuration please?

Thanks,

o-negative
 <

hpolack

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

Mini-ATX Nforce 4 AMD 64 Built in Gigabit Lan-   THIS ALSO WORKED FOR ME!!!!  Thanks man.  I spent no less than 4 hours on this issue until I found your post.   Now I have to find out what the similar settings are on my wireless AMD 64 Laptop.

It was incredible thoughtful of you to post this, cheers.

:beer:

hpolack

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »

This is going to sound silly, but the fix only worked for a little bit and now it no longer is working for me.   I did come across one fix that works on ALL of my PCs regardless.

I downloaded and installed an old version of Avalaunch (49.04).   Believe it or not, the FTP between Xboxes and Qwix works flawlessly regardless of PCs.  In fact, for the first time I was able to copy Project Gotham to and from my PC.

I have tried just about everything else including eliminating some of my switches from the connection so that all of my PCs and Xboxes were connected directly to the same switch.  I changed all the settings as outlined in this thread.  I set the throughput to fixed 10MB then 100MB.  I tried making Avalaunch a primary Dashboard, went back to an old X2 BIOS and even reverting back to auo DHCP.  BTW, I tried this on 3 different Xboxes that are 3 different versions and different Hard Drives.

The only thing that is consistently working for me to eliminate the Avalaunch and Qwix upload problem or issue was to downgrade to Avalaunch 49.04.

Thanks,
Howard
Pages: [1] 2