xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Voiceoverip (voip) : Help?  (Read 739 times)

[ =-X-= ]

• Archived User
Voiceoverip (voip) : Help?
« on: December 07, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

Hi ppl, me and a mate are  having trouble getting voip to work in avalaunch, We have tried everything we can think of but its just not happening.

I can connect to the guy who's hosting the server but once we connect it says sent out (78) and in(0) on both sides, we have tried port forwarding, and everything else we can think of. Where not new to networking so we know a what where doing . So can anyone out there help? have missed something?

Where using latest release of avalaunch, we also tried a few of the older version too but still the same resault.

Cheers.

theman76

• Archived User
Voiceoverip (voip) : Help?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 01:15:00 PM »

Here is an quote from an Post back in March.

Hi.

VoIP have now been tested. Using the 48.64 version of Avalaunch we tried the Voip with great results.

Headset is as earlier mentioned in this thread a prerequisit. Anyway... in Ava I just went to "settings, sound" (and with the headset plugged in), launched the IP Phone server. (Have no idea to how to stop it though. Reboot seems to be the only way). I have opened the port UDP 698 in my FW, and forwarded packets on this port directly to my Xbox IP.

My friend just entered my IP adress (for my ADSL line) and logged into my Phone server. Voila... sound....

The cool thing is that it shows the kb amount it uses for transferring the VoIP packets... and its just below 2kb/s.
The sound is as said crystal clear.

They were able to get it to work. What port are you forwarding ? Make sure your forwarding the External IP (Internet IP for DSL/Cable connection) to the Xbox. That should work. Hope this info helps some.  I too am hoping to get this working, but I have to get an Communicator headset first.

This post has been edited by theman76: Dec 13 2004, 09:16 PM