xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: USING AVALAUNCH... WHAT ELSE?  (Read 478 times)

obietitch

• Archived User
USING AVALAUNCH... WHAT ELSE?
« on: November 28, 2004, 06:53:00 AM »

Hi, just started using avalaunch,

I don't want to take up alot of space on my hard-drive (still using original 8gb)

i'm gonna use a little space to download a game, test it, before i order it

but what other applications should i use on my xbox, i know there's a few, but is it worth having any or many or will they just unneccesarily take up HDD space,

Please leave your suggestion and a note as to what the app does,

Thankyou and happy posting :ph34r:

DLM

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 07:48:00 AM »

those are all great applications (except kai runs on a PC/Java enabled computer, not an xbox)

they take up so little space that they'res really no good excuse not to have them, just in case.

obietitch

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 08:53:00 AM »

but what do they all do?????

i have media centre, but it's difficult to use, the menu text is white, but highlighted text is white, hard to see what i'm selecting

any idea the easiest way to copy a game to HDD, and how d'ya run it, i tried with an outrun 2 demo, tried to run the default.xbe (it said launch demo) but it just said disk error, check ur disk etc. any ideas
:ph34r:

hardcorekid

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »

dvd2xbox and xbmc are what i reccommend.  dvd2xbox is my favorite program to backup games to the harddrive, and xbmc need i say more, one of the best apps/dashes out there.  i run xbmc as an app, so i can access my music from my pc, videos, whatever, just wish i knew how to run my recorded tv shows from my MCE pc. (not asking for help, just never looked into it or tested it to see if they play)

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (obietitch @ Nov 28 2004, 05:25 PM)
but what do they all do?????

i have media centre, but it's difficult to use, the menu text is white, but highlighted text is white, hard to see what i'm selecting

any idea the easiest way to copy a game to HDD, and how d'ya run it, i tried with an outrun 2 demo, tried to run the default.xbe (it said launch demo) but it just said disk error, check ur disk etc. any ideas
ph34r.gif

Are you saying all you see is text and a black background? That happened to me on one install attempt. You shouldn't just see white text and nothing else. If you do something isn't right.

hytek369

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »

dvd2xbox is a must

bboss1967

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 06:12:00 AM »

I have just backed up my games to the HDD and some of them have names that are not representative (symbols and such) or are too long. Is there a way to modify the names displayed?

ziggyzagnutbag

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 04:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(Elemino @ Dec 14 2004, 10:54 PM)
Are you saying all you see is text and a black background? That happened to me on one install attempt. You shouldn't just see white text and nothing else. If you do something isn't right.

my guess is... he doesnt have a skin or something like that.. go download a skin!! might help, or maybe you have a nastyness skin :-p

anyway, i use xmbc to get to my music on my comp too, and just to look at it because its the shiznittle. i use unleashx though... so much cooler in my opinion.. thinking about putting ava back in as an app

sheliak

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

All of these apps are very small, I think the biggest is XBMC, you should have no problem installing them all on a stock 8gb.
-dvd2xbox
Popular program used to backup discs.
-linux
I wouldn't bother, if you are going to use it, you might as well devote a whole box to it.
-kai
Installed on the PC, allows you play System Link games over the net.
-further app- (evox etc)
I keep Evox around, always good to have a backup, plus it has trainer support.
-more skins
Just find one you like
-xbox media centre 1.1.0
Get whatever the current build is and find a skin you like.
-cinfig magic
Never actually used it.
-dvdx2
This allows you to play DVDs without the $30 Remote
-other (please specify with details)
Complex Tools v1.6 - Another great utility to backup games.  It can also unpack rar and iso files.
Linksboks - web browser, if you are into that.
Emulators - Old school games are small, especially from systems like NES, I'm talking 256kb per title.

nsspeak

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 03:24:00 AM »

i'm gonna use a little space to download a game, test it, before i order it

You can't download games you dumbass, it's illegal.  doesn't matter if your gonna buy it afterwards.  If you want to try it, borrow it or rent it.  Lets keep talk like that off this site now, k