xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?  (Read 667 times)

the joker

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« on: November 22, 2004, 07:40:00 AM »

As mentionned earlier, we've done some changes in the avalaunch developement. Most of our members is working on the 0.50 engine which is made with our 2 years of developement experience in mind. Knowing what we know now when starting the project makes a huge difference for the limits of the final result.

But.. I've worked a bit further on 0.49 series, and with help from jbone and a few others I've added some things to it, things that is meant for 0.50, but it doesn't make a big difference to add it to 0.49 since it's "the same shit" for our developement.

This has turned into a bag of fun and have several fixes that I fixed in some of the code I wrote earlier.....but I was hospitalized for a month, and everything I did was forgotten.  I have no idea what I fixed, I don't know what was broken... but it does kinda work   hehe.

I know that KAI is fixed tho, and some 1.6 issues is fixed.. added a bunch of xecuter 3 features which was quite cool. Some of the tasksystem is fixed and I belive something else broke.
We have done a dirty port of the macromedia source we found, and it might not work as well as the swfplayer that is out, but it's a start. Eventually it will also have sound, mp3 and interaction at least.  We also added a dvdplayer which supports remotecontrol, pads and most importantly plays REALLY well in 480p, 720p and 1080i (yes ,also plays in 480i if nothing else is detected). This is also skinnable from the skins dirs ofcourse and it shows all the menues just fine.

Tried to write a changelog, but it's almost impossible when you have been drugged down for that long from the project.  

So now, should we release this and fix things that is reported, or should we keep whipping the poor testers till they think they have it all ?  Option 1 is by far the quickest one, but leaves room for masscomplaining.. Option 2 could take too long time.

-The Team

This post has been edited by the joker: Nov 22 2004, 03:40 PM

afandiewinter

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

i voted that it be released soon, just for the kai functionality.

perhap, it will be released with a disclaimer as usual, "if u use this and it fucks up your box, we shall not be resposible, etc"

but then again, i would not minding waiting if the ava team thinks it is in the best interest for everyone with .50.

anyways, thanks for developing the greatest dash so far!  :beer:

Puma81

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 07:28:00 AM »

Im going with Option 1. I think you been keeping us waiting far to long  biggrin.gif . You also know that we will help you in any way with the mass complaining to explain any issues users might experience.  I am also sorry to hear that you were hospitalized, I hope that everything is ok  sad.gif

bernienoel

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 08:15:00 AM »

please release it now, there is nothing to test since a mong time on the xbox scene !

thanks !

bernie

johnslayer

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 08:13:00 AM »

Bring on the new release smile.gif

hitechoutlaw

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

i say wait a while for the final but release public betas to fix the kai and to introduce new features but put a disclaimer like afandiewinter said

dubbledrum

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (hitechoutlaw @ Nov 22 2004, 07:03 PM)
i say wait a while for the final but release public betas to fix the kai and to introduce new features but put a disclaimer like afandiewinter said

i agree with this...public beta  B)

poiygon

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »

I say release it.

drunkmunk

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

i say give it a go but let people no that they could end up with paper weights biggrin.gif

the new dash sounds kick ass... blending in multimedia with your dash is going to put it far over the top. I can't wait to test out the new dvd player on the hd bigscreen.

sorry to hear about your hospitilization hope your feeling better.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »

I don't see any reason NOT to release.  Anyone complaining about a dash messing up their xbox has no real foundation to stand on.. If you want to "play it safe" just don't add it to the update server, anyone who wants it can manually get it and install it.  Then maybe you can be sure you are getting potentially more advanced users testing it out.

NiTE0

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »

1080i dvd player in the latest version? NICE! I say release it! :D

Sorry to hear about the time you spent in the hospital, hope everything is going well now.

mkjones

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »

wait guys  wink.gif  ive moved to XBMC as my new dash/kai engine anyway smile.gif

cant wait to see the new release tongue.gif

Sloan

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »

I would say wait. I personally would love to see the update out sooner. I wouldn't complain about a not fully polished product, but I sure there are going to be some poeple complaining even though they will get it for free.

In the end I think it is better to put out a release that you guys are happy with and proud of, even if people have to wait.

But no matter what action you take, there are going to be people  some where complaining.

So what ever you do, Thanks! I love your dashboard and look forward to the next release. :beer:

monkeyman_67156

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »

Release the 0.49.2  There isn't really any reason the keep the update back.  It would be really nice if there were public beta's any of the newer builds of avalaunch.  I would be very glad to test out any new features in these builds.  Just label them as beta's.   Make a STABLE branch and an UNSTABLE branch like most projects.  This would really speed development as it would free up the need for as many private beta testers.

hardcorekid

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.49.2 ?
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2004, 12:17:00 AM »

release it!!  better to have more people testing for bugs than a few beta testers...
Pages: [1] 2 3