xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: You Already Own A 360 And You Can Buy 1 Other Console  (Read 1778 times)

Kevlar218

• Archived User
You Already Own A 360 And You Can Buy 1 Other Console
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

PS3 all the way.  Everyone is saying the revoluton so that you can get the old nes titles?  Does anyone use emulators on their xbox?  I have all of those games for free so why waste $200.  I am also sick of the subpar graphics that nintendo always has to offer.  Besides Resident evil and the new Zelda, I havnt seen anything blow me away graphically on the cube  sleeping.gif .  PS3 has tons of exclusive awesome titles to offer.  God of War, Shadow of colossus, MGS5, Killzone, Gt5, GTA (although they are saying that it will finally come out on the 360 at the same time), Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Jak, Rachet and Clank, Tekken, Ace Combat, WWE wrestling games, and not to mention one of the best online co-op military games to date, Socom!  The only real reason I purchased the 360 was because it came out first.  There really isn't any exclusive titles on the xbox that appeal to me besides Halo and the Splinter Cell series.  Although, I am looking forward to Guilty Gear and Full auto.  The Ps3 hands down for me.

Vicious69

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kevlar218 @ Jan 24 2006, 08:54 AM) View Post

PS3 all the way.  Everyone is saying the revoluton so that you can get the old nes titles?  Does anyone use emulators on their xbox?  I have all of those games for free so why waste $200.

People are interested in them because given the opportunity, they actually will pay for them instead of gloating about being a thief.

Bizquick

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »

I picked the PS3 mostly because I can't wait to see a game that support dual TV support. also I like squaresoft titles and they make some good RPGs I doubt they will redo for the 360. I mean if they did why are they not doing it now on the first gen Xbox. The unit is quite equal to the PS2. Besides all that Modchips for Sony units are usualy out and they will have the biggest selection of Import titles over any of the other units. I had to mod my PS2 just to get one game that I would have bought a Gamecube for. Tales Of Symphonia I think. they released the title in Japan on PS2 but not in the US. Any there are others. the only thing I would want a nintendo system for is. Games like mario and zelda but I feel like I've learned to live with out thoes titles.

Kr0n1k

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

Revolution. Kirby's Canvas Adventure or whatever its called would be awesome on a big screen. And the mini games in Mario Party will probably be amazing without the limitations of a standard controller. Although, I may be buying a PS3 with Gran Turismo if it really looks like the few screens on Gamespot. And of course MGS. This almost seems like this will be the generation where you'll have to own every system to be able to play the best games available. PS3 is just shaping up to be pretty expensive so far.

mac4drew

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2006, 04:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(grantunderland @ Jan 25 2006, 04:57 AM) View Post

so far nintendo seems more intrested in making a console with an awesome cost/fun ratio, instead of "THE MOST POWERFUL SYSTEM, EVAR!"

Revolution.  Agreed across the board... PS3 is gonna be amazing graphics... but there's only so far amazing graphics will take you... Just looking at the quality of games Nintendo has released for the DS is hopefully a great indicator of the quality in gameplay we'll see on the Revolution... plus those who have worked with Nintendo's new controller say it's amazing and intuitive in ways no other controllers are... Backwards compatibility and emulators is a big plus... although I already have it for the xbox it would be nice to be legal and entirely bug-free, especially when it comes to Nintendo (and playing it on MS's hardware/controller just ain't the same!).  

I think Nintendo is about to change the world of gaming again with a low price point and a great product.  As for blu-ray, I don't really care enough, and I think it would be kind of lame to have a useless function on one of my consoles should HD-DVD win the format wars.  Anyway, I could probably buy a Revolution and a Blu-Ray player when they both come out and pay less than the PS3 and get a better experience both with my Blu-Ray player and the gameplay of the Revolution.

Bocaj22

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

Revolution definitely,  I do like better graphics, but that only lasts for the first maybe 5 minute of a game, then its like. . . . whatever.  Just because nintendo cant make games with quite as amazing graphics, it still will be very good, and the hardware will be more than enough to do whatever.  Most importantly, Revolution will be fun!

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

revolution just so sony doesnt get the sales

xXSanjuroXx

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

i voted for the ps3 because it has good rpgs and the revolution games are for kiddies. so little blood...

not to knock you or nothnig but lets not forget how great the resident evil series was ported to gamecube lol and those kiddie games are fun no matter how old you are (still plays kirby games) <('.'<)

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2006, 02:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(grantunderland @ Jan 27 2006, 04:36 PM) View Post

to all those that say the nintendo only has "kiddie games" while somewhat true, i was told during my tour of the nintendo campus in WA that they plan to start producing more "adult" games

i agree. nintendo will allways be a 'kiddies' style of game, but they are slowly changing that

field2line21

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2006, 04:16:00 AM »

Revolution

Controller looks kinda cool
If they make a way to play 2 player online on old games like you can on certain emulators that would be cool

Screw DRM in all forms including VIIV from intel
Screw Sonys rootkit DRM
Screw blu-ray with all its DRM

HD-DVD is supposed to allow you to make copies for personal use on portable devices and pc  happy.gif
Blu-ray apparently won't  blink.gif

Not getting blu ray
Not getting ps3

SCREW DRM!!!   grr.gif

mungie3

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »

I'd defiently go with ps3 cuz the revolution is supposed to be like a remote that u point at the tv.... seems kinda stupid.  Also, unlike nintendo, the public that sony's trying to reach is actually older than 12...

I mean come on...
monkey ball?

mungie3

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

IMO how adult can an elf rescuing a princess from a tower/evil guy be?

J0RD4N 007

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2006, 12:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(mungie3 @ Jan 27 2006, 09:32 PM) View Post

IMO that was one of the most ignorant posts anyone could make on a gaming forum, and secondly, i know you're going to come back and flame cause you're cool like that, but what are you 12? if you are an adult then why are you worried that ...gasp...the games you are playing might make you look like a kid, seems like someone is going through some sort of identity crisis. does mommy make you come from fun time early? are you trying to show them you're a real man now...

sorry, i just love zelda, mario, metroid, kirby, etc etc, and i think that when these kids get on here and insult stuff so they seem cool and hip they need a good ass smashing back down to reality

xXSanjuroXx

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

who says it has to be adult orientated... its fun thats all that matters (one of the best series of games ever made)

xXSanjuroXx

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »

I mean come on...
monkey ball?

yea.. ape escape is soo much more adult man.. (sony exclusive title)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7