xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: You Already Own A 360 And You Can Buy 1 Other Console  (Read 1791 times)

team_toyo

• Archived User
You Already Own A 360 And You Can Buy 1 Other Console
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »

I haven't bought the 360 yet due to the issue of overheating with the console and the fact that all console systems have problems from due date. SO, I am waiting for 360 to mature both in quality and sales. But if I had to choose from the two rival consoles, it would be Revolution due to the fact that it has many great games from my pre-teen years. Play station I believe is to Playstation(ed) out. The games seem like its really more for the Japanese audience. But I do want the Portable. I don't know really. I guess like many other have said itÂ’s all about the price, and the war against Blu-Ray Technology. pop.gif Until then I will just enjoy the show.

Nostry

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »

I could say i prefer ps3 because i think sony would make compatible with their other products like psone or my dvdrecorder

mungie3

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

When people mature, they move on, get girlfriends, and become social gamers.  I know a guy who's 45 and plays WoW all day.(sometimes night).  I completely agree that Halo, burnout, and many other games are worthy of being played obsessively.  I just don't think that I can play games like super smash brothers with a clear conscience.  SSBM is a great game, but I played the older version when I was 14...  I mean..  Cmon

I like games, but I'm the kind of person who thinks that the gamecube was a failure in all ways except graphics, where it was only second to the xbox.  But games wise it was poooooor.  I've played metroid prime...  I'm not going to ppiss off any more of you by talking about that game.

ps2 has a huge library of games, and many of them are good.
xbox has great graphics.
gamecube.....
DS....
Psp..... (omg ps2 graphics on a 2.5 inch screen!! I can Almost see the gun!!!)
IMO anything with a screen less than 11 inches is not wrth playing unless its attached to ur head.

BTW:  I'm 17 not 12.

I understand that ppl disagree with this and I won't hold it against you if you get pissed about it.
But if you defend it like it's your life, take a look in the mirror... ok? tongue.gif

Sc4rfac3

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2006, 07:06:00 AM »

Most likely both but since the rev might be a lot cheaper i'm getting that
Plus being able to play old school games on it  biggrin.gif
to the dude who made the comment about zelda
have you even played zelda from your comment
i would think not. it is a great game series.

TracerX

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(mungie3 @ Jan 31 2006, 12:06 AM) View Post

When people mature, they move on, get girlfriends, and become social gamers....

BTW:  I'm 17 not 12.
I understand that ppl disagree with this and I won't hold it against you if you get pissed about it.
But if you defend it like it's your life, take a look in the mirror... ok? tongue.gif

Yeah, social gamers who play Halo, Burnout, LoZ: Four Swords, SSBM, Perfect Dark Zero, and Wario Ware Inc. Most people that are complaining about your post do so because you are suggesting that the Nintendo games aren't "mature" enough for adults to play. Hopefully, you'll learn to judge games based on how much fun they are rather than whether or not someone on mtv says the game is cool.

widemouthfrog

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2006, 04:57:00 AM »

PS3 by far

Tomobobo

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2006, 08:12:00 AM »

Yeah, Nintendo does aim their games at children, you can't deny.  Mario doesn't exactly run arround shooting cops or running prostatutes over with a hummer.  But the thing about Nintendo is that they make games everyone can enjoy.  Take these two games for example.
1.  Mario Kart Double Dash - Sure Nintendo makes a racing game that's colorful and cute that little kids are gonna drool from watching all the colors and cartoony voices flash on the screen.  But for experienced gamers, nintendo adds in pro features like the skid/boost option which if you practice at it makes the game the most technical racer of all time.
2.  Super Smash Bros. Melee - Again, a colorful game with cartoon voices.  Even a little 6 year old can pick up a controler and be entertained.  But when taken to the games full potential, the fighting and manuvering in the game is so technical that it takes months to learn the full abilities of a single charachter.
Nintendo is smart.  They don't make a game for a certain age group or target audeince.  They make games everyone can enjoy.  Sad thing, people don't realize how in depth the gameplay of most Nintendo's first party games are because they shrug it off as some "kiddy" game.

TwigFigure

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

I'm not even getting a 360. The first Xbox dissapointed me too much. PS3 for me.

Anyway people saying Forza is better than GT? Good grief, what has this world come to?!

Evillvi

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

i'll be getting a rev first day out as i've done with the n64 and gamecube.  the main reason i choose nintendo is unlike sony all of nintendos products are top quality and innovative. dont forget if it wasnt for nintendo there wouldnt be playstation.nintendo will (to me anyways) be the dominant company even if they dont have all the money or the best selling systems.the reason is simply they make games fun to play.eternal darkness is a REALLY good game that i just beat again after like 3(?) years.they have the best controllers and again dont forget that it was nintendo who incorparated the rumble feature back on the n64.something we all take for granted now or dont even really acknowledge anymore. sony just doesnt take the time to make sure their systems will last.sure they have alot of games but i cant count how many of them are actually any good. to me the rev will be a must own sytem with the x360 a very close 2nd.and besides with the current gen systems the gcn and xbox are the only 2 systems worth owning.sony is from a technical standpoint a complete and utter joke.

TwigFigure

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »

current gen systems the gcn and xbox are the only 2 systems worth owning.sony is from a technical standpoint a complete and utter joke.

Apart from the usual "grafics dunt make geymes nub!!!11", that's quite a brash statement. Considering that the US Millitary is using the Cell, you'd think it would be quite powerful..

Besides, the PS2 has much better games than half the crap that's on Xbox.

Evillvi

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2006, 07:14:00 PM »

not really... sony couldnt make a decent game or system if their lives depended on it. playstations are just complete failures its not even funny.... sure they have a huge library of games but again not many good ones that justify buying a playstation. and besides people like to complain that nintendo has "kiddie games" but sony has way more kids games than nintendo and not to mention some total ripoffs of some nintendo games.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »

obviously PS3, because nintendo is got a reputation for being a "kiddie" system and also there controller setup on the gamecube was pretty bad when it came to playing certain games with it.

but my money is by far on xbox 360 myself, cause once it gets hacked it will obviously be the system of choice just like the xbox is when it comes to moding and the benifits u get from it when compared to moding other systems.... the "other" systems u just cant do as much when there moded as u can with xbox.

p.s. i just dont get why the playstation name in general is so popular?!?! ... sure is has some good games, but the way i see it is anytime ps2 and xbox both get the same game u can pretty much guarentee that a high percentage of the time (if not always) it will be better on the xbox since the xbox is more powerfull than ps2... cause besides the games that are exclusive to the ps2 i think xbox is flat out better especially once u mod the xbox... once the xbox is moded i think it wipes the floor with the ps2 (even is ps2 is moded also)

only game i really like on the ps2 is basically the gran turismo series (i like GTA series to, but i dont like playing shooters on consoles so i got it for pc) ... but since the may 2005 release of "forza motorsport" i dont really need gran turismo all that much anymore since i think forza is superior to the gran turismo series mainly cause of the acceleration and deacceleration with the xbox's right and left triggers... makes it feel more "real" when compared to the ps2 methods on gran turismo... i have not played the most recent gran turismo 4 but im pretty sure the general gameplay is almost identical to the gran turismo 3 a-spec which i have played.

plus i like the cars in forza motorsport better ( shelby mustang gt500 , buick regal GNX , shelby cobra etc) ... gran turismo might have more cars in the game but there rather pointless ones after a certain point.... "muscle cars for life, screw imports!" wink.gif

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2006, 11:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tomobobo @ Feb 1 2006, 10:19 AM) View Post

Yeah, Nintendo does aim their games at children, you can't deny.  Mario doesn't exactly run arround shooting cops or running prostatutes over with a hummer.  But the thing about Nintendo is that they make games everyone can enjoy.  Take these two games for example.
1.  Mario Kart Double Dash - Sure Nintendo makes a racing game that's colorful and cute that little kids are gonna drool from watching all the colors and cartoony voices flash on the screen.  But for experienced gamers, nintendo adds in pro features like the skid/boost option which if you practice at it makes the game the most technical racer of all time.
2.  Super Smash Bros. Melee - Again, a colorful game with cartoon voices.  Even a little 6 year old can pick up a controler and be entertained.  But when taken to the games full potential, the fighting and manuvering in the game is so technical that it takes months to learn the full abilities of a single charachter.
Nintendo is smart.  They don't make a game for a certain age group or target audeince.  They make games everyone can enjoy.  Sad thing, people don't realize how in depth the gameplay of most Nintendo's first party games are because they shrug it off as some "kiddy" game.

u seem to have some good points... but the "kiddie" stuff is true and without more adult themed games it's kinda hard to enjoy a game with the graphics (kiddie graphics, and yes i know graphics dont make a game) that nintendo uses in most of there popular nintendo (first party) made games... when i was young mario etc (after mario 64 on N64, i think they went out the window) was good but now i just cant deal with them since they cant give me the expierience i am looking for etc.... i think this is why alot of people "dismiss" nintendo's first party games.... not trying to start anything with you at all wink.gif this is just what i think.... and also since alot of people like shooters that kinda eliminated nintendo gamecube since it's controller sucks for shooters and pretty much everyone says that.

just my thoughts wink.gif

Psygnosis2097

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2006, 10:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(subten123 @ Jan 20 2006, 05:42 PM) View Post

I'll pick PS3 cause of HDMI, Blu-Ray and GT5 smile.gif

You mean Vision Gran Turismo 3 - Part 2  blink.gif

Let's hope they find time to improve the A.I. and add some solid online gameplay (with more than 1 car) this time.  iamwithstupid.gif

Another 200 cars simlpy won't cut it  sleeping.gif

Btw.: The current HDMI specification doesn't allow 1080p (maybe a bandwidth issue), so component HDTV cables are the way to go for now ...  wacko.gif

TwigFigure

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2006, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(Evillvi @ Feb 2 2006, 01:21 PM) View Post

not really... sony couldnt make a decent game or system if their lives depended on it. playstations are just complete failures its not even funny.... sure they have a huge library of games but again not many good ones that justify buying a playstation. and besides people like to complain that nintendo has "kiddie games" but sony has way more kids games than nintendo and not to mention some total ripoffs of some nintendo games.

Oh really? Does Xbox or Nintendo have anything like Amplitude? Metal Gear Solid 3? Star Ocean 3? Xenosaga? Xenogears? Parasite Eve? .hack//? Resident Evil 4 (yes, GCN has this)?

Phail/10
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7