xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Which One Is Better Fedora Or Yellow Dog!?!?  (Read 138 times)

Tk_hom3r

• Archived User
Which One Is Better Fedora Or Yellow Dog!?!?
« on: December 30, 2006, 01:50:00 PM »

hey uall i just wanted to know which one do u think is better fedora or yellow dog and why... and is it possible to install fedora yellow dog and the ps3 os lol.....

The_Hushed_Casket

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »

I'm wondering the same thing (which is better that is).  People are saying that YDL is really slow, but I've seen a video where a guy plays a 1080i video file while browsing the internet with no slowdown (in YDL).

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »

I use fc6 on a lot of computers and love it.  But at this point I think its better to run YDL on the PS3 esp if you are newer to linux.  It'll be a smoother process for you and real easy to get going.

Tk_hom3r

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »

well i installed ydl cus i was never able to get the fc6 to work i never got pas the log on screen after i loged on to the localhost thing i didnt know how to start Linux so i just installed ydl and it looks like shit on a reg def tv when u start expanding the programs menus they go passed the screen so u cant even see all of the programs  and its not as fast as people say it is it is a good start to doing extra sh!t with the ps3 but i really dont see a point in it yet... once it gets to the point where it works kinda like the reg xbox with emulators n sh!t then will it b worth spending hours installing all this Linux crap

The_Hushed_Casket

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »

That's because standard def is what, 640 x 480?  Tiny resolution.