xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Laser Flashes But The Disc Doesnt Spin?  (Read 123 times)

woxiz

• Archived User
Ps3 Laser Flashes But The Disc Doesnt Spin?
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »

Hello! Ive bought a ps3 that was broken. The person had bought a new laser and when acemblied it he had messed up the eject mechanism. So now ive managed to repair the loading/ejecting mechanism, so that everything works, and the both laser flashes(red and blue).
But the disc wont spin and the laser just flashes once and the laser head jumps up and down three times...

Theres no indication in the xmb that theres a disc in the drive, only the light that indicates that there is a disc in the drive.

I found this clip on youtbe showing the exact same behavior as mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqxJjgLIZac&NR=1

Light-It-Up

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 11:48:00 AM »

The disk won't spin because the laser is strong enough to read the game or movie, this is a normal sign of a laser problem, you might have to get a new laser, because when people find a good deal on a ps3 laser they think its a good deal but in fect the laser they are going to buy are cheap and won't even last a month! a good ps3 is like $ 90 dollars or more.

pop.gif

gammmmes

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »

how can you tell if the laser is bad.. it flashes blue then red.. or just violate.. not sure but seems like the original ps3's with one diod and lens would look violate.. and the dual lens would show blue then red beam.. idk.. just guessing from post i've read.