xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Runnin' Linux On Yer Ps3? Canada Needs You!  (Read 126 times)

Pawly

• Archived User
Runnin' Linux On Yer Ps3? Canada Needs You!
« on: July 11, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »

PS3Grid is a volunteer computing project (Have you heard of SETI@home?) based on the PlayStation3 and BOINC for full-atom molecular dynamics simulations and other scientific applications specially optimized for the Cell processor. Your contribution is very important because the Cell MD molecular dynamics software runs over an order of magnitude faster on the PlayStation3 opening the way to innovative computational experiments.

I'm a member of a BOINC Team named Canada.  We are participating in over 50 different Distributed Computing Projects and PS3grid is a brand new experiment!  If you decide to start "Crunching" PS3Grid on yer box, then I hope you will consider joining our team there.
Team Link

I hope you decide to start helping out this research project and you can always use your home computer to help other (just as worthy if not more so) projects tackling Malaria, Cancer and AIDS.  PS3Grid, BOINC and all the projects are completely free to participate in.  If you find a site that wants money for membership or downloads ..... REPORT 'EM!!

If you need more info, contact me at Oh Canada! Forum  It's the home site for our team and for other Canadian BOINCers!  lol  

Ask for Pawly!
IPB Image