xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PS3 Loading Tray Hell  (Read 239 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« on: November 23, 2006, 03:25:00 AM »

PS3 Loading Tray Hell
Posted by XanTium | 23-11-2006 4:49 EST

From punchjump.com:

Sony Corp.'s Playstation 3 failed out of the box when a brand new retail unit was delivered to Punch Jump.
The 20GB PS3, purchased at an online retailer, did not accept discs due to a malfunction in the self-loading disc drive.
A PS3 game disc and a DVD disc were unable to physically move into the drive, though the machine attempts to pull the disc in for several seconds.
The eject button and several reboot attempts failed to solve the disc drive malfunction.

Read More: punchjump.com

bigjimmy

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 02:25:00 AM »

Hmmmm thats a bummer........

Damn I just remembered the one thing I forgot to pull apart in the PS3 was the BD drive. Id really be interested to see what is used to 'grab' the disc....

redwolf

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 03:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(bigjimmy @ Nov 23 2006, 11:32 AM) View Post

Id really be interested to see what is used to 'grab' the disc....

small enemy crab... unsure.gif

epsilon72

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »

*knocks on wood*

grim_d

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 08:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(redwolf @ Nov 23 2006, 10:51 AM) View Post

funniest thing ive read all day laugh.gif

darandon

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

Yea that realy sucks. I think that a little push could solve the problem. If not then the drive has to b opened up.

Sucks to b the owner of that console.

I love my 360

fuzzyfuk

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »

How many problems is this console going to have?

Speed1000

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

Probably less than the 360............Just kidding my 360 is rock solid once you strip it down.

My new ps3 was running fine until I tried to put a ps2 game into the machine. It locked up, the drive would rev up slow down for 2 minutes then nothing wont even eject my disk. It wont play anything now and Sony wont fix it as it is not available in my country yet. Warning dont get one unless you purchase it from you native country stores as Sony is cracking down on this and wont provide free warranty service.

I'm sticking to the easy M$ mod box as they provide warranty even if you have accidently opened it up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Viva La Sam

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »

now thats horrible that this is happening already. so many problems so far. ive even heard that the on button panel isnt responding on some peoples ps3.

AngelBallz69

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »

i paid 600 bucks for this piece of shit system , xbox 360 gave me problems on launch to with the dvds not reading, so as expected every launch consoles always have problems so just gunna have to deal with it

no0b123

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 09:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(redwolf @ Nov 23 2006, 06:51 AM) View Post

and of course "real time weapon change"  laugh.gif

silentbob343

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(bigjimmy @ Nov 23 2006, 05:32 AM) *

Hmmmm thats a bummer........

Damn I just remembered the one thing I forgot to pull apart in the PS3 was the BD drive. Id really be interested to see what is used to 'grab' the disc....

find a slot loading laptop drive and open it up.

QUOTE(fuzzyfuk @ Nov 23 2006, 03:35 PM) *

How many problems is this console going to have?

It has become extremely popular lately to bash Sony but I find that most of those doing the bashing are completely out of touch with reality. Sony has made some mistakes but so have most of their competitors. I remember when the Xbox 360 launched (I was the first person I know of in my town to get one) and there was a literal barrage of negativity and bad press which I thought was completely unwarranted. I defended the 360 and Microsoft whenever the subject came up.

Now the PS3 has launched and many people feel the need to attack. But the fact of the matter is that Sony has done no worse with the launch of the PS3 than Microsoft did with the 360 (or Toshiba with the launch of the A1 for that matter). If you remember, the 360 was launched with a similar low quantity of consoles and people were complaining about shortages, there were the problems with defective units, disappointment with the lack of certain features (up-conversion for SD DVDs, inability to do downloads in the background, no HDMI, no HDDVD drive, etc.) and games which many people were claiming looked no better than current generation games. In fact, my 360 after a few hours displayed the "red ring of death" and I had to send it to Microsoft and wait a week for them to send me a new one. As an early adopter of consumer electronics tech I have come to expect a certain amount of problems like these. Such problems come with the territory and rare is the launch of a new product that is completely free of such problems. And the more complex the product is the more unlikely that it will be trouble free.

The unarguable fact is that the PS3 is probably one of the most complex pieces of tech that has ever been released to market--even more complex than the Xbox 360 and the problems that have been reported so far really are minor in the grander scheme of things. In fact, the PS3 is doing better in some regards than the 360 did at launch and we can all see that the Xbox 360 has moved beyond those problems with firmware fixes etc. The PS3 will likewise be improved over time and these issues which some people are making such a big deal about will be a distant memory.

Serious Sam

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »

I cant stand slot loading drives. I'll stick to tray loaders any day smile.gif

mygameswirelesscom

• Archived User
PS3 Loading Tray Hell
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

y all the cd dvd player have this ~~~~~~~~~~
all the time tray.............

Foe-hammer