xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Facts About Teh Ps3  (Read 177 times)

Mr Invader

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« on: November 05, 2006, 07:33:00 PM »

Its just some new info thats worth discussing

http://www.engadget....-about-the-ps3/

Alot of interesting news, (theres more in the article)

>Such as them saying that the console is cool?  huh.gif
>The Eyetoy being the only USB webcam compatible, along with only being able to leave text (no voice or  pictures) messages to friends
>No bluetooth keyboards and mouses compatible at launch
>"Quoted" loading times to drop to 3-4 seconds with downloaded game data on console. Quoted by who?
>AND NO VGA OUT!

-----------------------

I'm mostly disappointed about no VGA support, since the only HD display i have only uses VGA. HDMI just is way too far out of my price range.
And according to XBANDGUY, the console isn't very cool at all.
About the Eyetoy, is it a good webcam? I'm wondering...

So many questions...

throwingks

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »

hmmm, I wonder why the keyboards don't work? That doesnt make sense to me.

I understand the eyetoy though. I figured it would be that way.

I have no idea who they are quoting.

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 5 2006, 09:45 PM) View Post
I didn't see that either.

incognegro

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 04:40:00 AM »

NO VGA!!!!!

there is just no excuse for this grr.gif

Im not getting a ps3 until there is VGA support....

incognegro

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 6 2006, 01:01 PM) View Post

Well, the PS2 VGA support was spotty so I don't know if that will happen.  On the bright side you have an excuse to upgrade your display  jester.gif

Upgrade display? OH HELL NO!......its not an option, a game costs $5000 in my country so I don't wanna know what an HDTV costs (or a ps3 for that matter).

Mr Invader

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

On the bright side you have an excuse to upgrade your display

VGA is perfectly fine, and i have separate speakers anyway so HDMI serves me no purpose.

Well, the PS2 VGA support was spotty so I don't know if that will happen

I remember twistedsymphony saying something almost exactly like this several months ago about the PS3 not being able to support VGA pop.gif

Mr Invader

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 6 2006, 01:16 PM) View Post

It was joke.  hence the jester afterwards.

No, i didn't take it with hostility. You didn't even say it directly towards me, i was just expressing my opinion on HDMI. smile.gif

silentbob343

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Nov 6 2006, 06:18 PM) View Post

No, i didn't take it with hostility. You didn't even say it directly towards me, i was just expressing my opinion on HDMI. smile.gif

ahh

silentbob343

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(PlanetUranus @ Nov 6 2006, 07:41 PM) View Post

If anyone decided to get a ps3, they are most likely cannot use the internet. if one does the research  he can see that it....SUCKS!!!!  i hate sony with all of my being! please save yourself the many hours you will spend cutting yourself because you bought a pussy3 and get a xbox360.

you are....No I won't stoop to that level.  At least the other guys that come here can actually say something of substance when they express their distaste for Sony.  Hell, even I have brought up some of Sony's many screw ups in their various ventures.  You are a blind fanboy and that is a terrible thing.  The 360 is a good system and I'm glad you're happy with it, but there is no need to come in here and spread manure.  You aren't striking out against Sony by doing that, but rather striking out against the forum and your fellow members.

I look at the Wii sub-forum and it's all very nice and civil, none of this nonsense.  I don't get it....

Mr Invader

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 6 2006, 06:11 PM) View Post

You are a blind fanboy and that is a terrible thing.  

rotfl.gif

The funny thing is i know this guy.

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

This is priceless, i can't wait to rub it in his face tomorrow. Seriously, good job Bob beerchug.gif

nickthegreat

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Nov 6 2006, 07:27 PM) View Post

Upgrade display? OH HELL NO!......its not an option, a game costs $5000 in my country so I don't wanna know what an HDTV costs (or a ps3 for that matter).

blink.gif

QUOTE(PlanetUranus @ Nov 7 2006, 12:41 AM) View Post

If anyone decided to get a ps3, they are most likely cannot use the internet. if one does the research  he can see that it....SUCKS!!!!  i hate sony with all of my being! please save yourself the many hours you will spend cutting yourself because you bought a pussy3 and get a xbox360.

1. "they are most likely cannot use the internet" -  blink.gif
2. "pussy3" -  blink.gif
3. you joined xbox-scene just to post that? -  blink.gif

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 7 2006, 01:11 AM) View Post

you are....No I won't stoop to that level.  At least the other guys that come here can actually say something of substance when they express their distaste for Sony.  Hell, even I have brought up some of Sony's many screw ups in their various ventures.  You are a blind fanboy and that is a terrible thing.  The 360 is a good system and I'm glad you're happy with it, but there is no need to come in here and spread manure.  You aren't striking out against Sony by doing that, but rather striking out against the forum and your fellow members.

I look at the Wii sub-forum and it's all very nice and civil, none of this nonsense.  I don't get it....

agreed.
whilst i don't hate sony "with all my being" like the previous poster, they are not my favourite firm, largely due to their arrogance (and not fixing the analog sticks). all that means is i probably won't pay a premium price for the ps3. i might pay 200 - 250 quid (i can't believe thats actually halfprice!!)

incognegro

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »

yes I live in Jamaica and a game costs $5,000 in stores here. core 360 is about $60,000 in stores. Yea so, all those Australians and other europeans that complain....take a number. I just buy everything online from stores like lik-sang...oh wait sony shut that down too! grr.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(silentbob343 @ Nov 7 2006, 05:26 PM) View Post

Is that $5000 US dollars or Jamaican dollars?

no its jamaican dollars but $50 us dollars in jamacian $2500. 360 games are more than $5000 jamaican........so no matter how you look at it we are being raped. the 360 is $18000 jamaican if you translate it directly. Yet it costs $60,000 here.

incognegro

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(seedybrick @ Nov 7 2006, 06:08 PM) View Post

hey now incog -

thinking of taking a holiday to your island in the next year

how's ocho rios?

its great.....beautiful place, the girls are hot too. Everybody is nice, all the tourist spots in jamaica are nice, but "ochy" is especially good. Make sure you drink alot of coconut water and jelly  biggrin.gif. The city and the ghettos are not (this only applies if your going to st. andrew/ kingston). Trust me, stay away from those places. if u can. Its not as bad as new york but traffic is bad and crime is up, the place look like shit. Stuff like that.

NCspecV81

• Archived User
New Facts About Teh Ps3
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

I've been to good ol' ochos rios but i got tired of everyone asking me if i wanted to buy some weed. It would have been cool if i was by myself, but not when im standing there innocently with my family.