xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wtf No Video Or Sound?  (Read 180 times)

shawnkraus

• Archived User
Wtf No Video Or Sound?
« on: September 20, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »

Ok I got a friends PS3 that his wife got pissed off at him and ripped the cords out and threw in the frount lawn ( LMAO ). After she did that it would only play for like 10 min before locking up the video (like the 360 issue ) That being said I figured it may have knocked a plug off or somthing to the fan so I offered to take a look at it for him because the waranty is out on it. Well I get it apart and every thing works i.e. the fans but it was a bit dirty so I blew it out and cleaned off the old thermal paste and put new thermal paste on the CPU and the GPU then put it back togather. Now the dam thing boots but has no video or sound so I hooked up my HDMI cable from my 360 to it and the same issue no video or sound. I tryed the stanby trick with the 3 beeps to set the video to default but still nothing. Anyone have any ideas? I have fixed many 360 and they all still work but this is pissen me off lol. Also I know I cant be the only one who has ever had this issue with a PS3. O and ther lights are normal green and blue ( with disk in ) and the disk ejects like normal. I have tryed 3 diffrent cables and still nothin.

BTW
There is no suport out there for the PS3 like there is for the 360 ( SAVE THE JOKES ) witch really sux in my case.

Darksakul

• Archived User
Wtf No Video Or Sound?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »

I know this sounds stupid, but did you make sure everything was reconnected/ connected correctly before you closed that PS3 unit back up?

Also are you sure there is no damage else where you didn't see/ detect?

Without seeing the actual PS3 in question its hard to speculate what is wrong.

Also, I know Sony is notorious for using very delicate ribbon cables in every model of the PS2 and PS3.

whyexactly

• Archived User
Wtf No Video Or Sound?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »

try holding the power button til it boots, then beeps again and shuts down. release the button, hold it down until you hear the power up beat, warning beep, and then two quick beeps and release. this should bring up the service menu on the screen and basically go through the list, I think the second or third option usually fixes the blank screen, if you can't get to here then something is physically broken, my guess would be reflow the GPU.