xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Has Anyone Ever Done Any Console Mods?  (Read 506 times)

StrangerHacks

• Archived User
Has Anyone Ever Done Any Console Mods?
« on: June 16, 2008, 10:50:00 AM »

i mean like taking out the power button board and changing out the led's, hard drive reading led's, bigger hard drive, any case window mods, extra fans, case painting? etc...

so far i did the hard drive upgrade to a 100gb sata notebook hard drive(180$ off ebay), changed all the led's in the console to white smd led's, and i even painted my ps3 since it got the 3 beeps of death and flashing red light i took it all apart and iv been modding it since with visual effects, whats the fix for the 3 beeps of death?

also my ps3 is painted with pearl escent paint in purple, gold/yellow, red, and blue

and i have 2 matching controllers with matching led's

only problem is the newer controller dont have the clear PS button to do the center led mod so i dont have those lite up on mine sad.gif

has anyone else does this much modding to a ps3 yet?

or can i safely say im one of the only people who have gone all out with visual modding?

(iv also seen that wood painted ps3 but does that one also have all the lights and such that mine has)

ill post pics of it all when i get home from work, i dont have any pics of it put together tho because i still need to fix the 3 beeps of death AND that error code that makes the internet not work, i dont remember what the error code was and so far the only fix i found for it was put the ps3 in the freezer till its cooled down then use it and the internet works for about 20 minutes till the ps3 heated up again then it gives me that error and disconnects

also im still working on the smarty plate by shaving off the playstaiton 3 letters so it will have a really smooth finish once its done.

tell me some other stuff to do i really dont care if it breaks because i traded old bmx parts and 100$ for an xbox360 and a game, and then i traded that for the ps3 to a drug dealer tongue.gif

thats how i got the ps3 so really its only worth 100$ and old bmx parts i was going to throw away anyways
so any crazy mods are welcome since its broken right now too, like extra fans or windows on it or something, i was thinking of putting in a dvd window but im not 100% on that yet

StrangerHacks

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »

and iv also seen that black and blue ps3, so far thats the best one iv seen for being original

MiamiBiker305

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »

I Think Someone Should Make a WHite Ps3. Give it a Nice white paint Job =D

November

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(MiamiBiker305 @ Jul 30 2008, 07:39 PM) *

I Think Someone Should Make a WHite Ps3. Give it a Nice white paint Job =D

Someone should take their case to a body shop and get it painted Subaru WRB.

whoisscott

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 11:35:00 PM »

I like the purple

i have seen someone paint a ps3 to make it white... i don't remember where though.

also there is this
(IMG:http://lh3.ggpht.com/_cRt4vbPmu_w/SP3sBwcyWVI/AAAAAAAABkY/4wdUy8qnrAY/s400/P1030733.JPG)

morpheonmods.com

i'm thinking of modding my ps3, i've only modded my original xbox. but not sure yet because i think the ps3 is pretty on its own. but we'll see.

rickylago2

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »

Yea as far as i've seen the ps3 isnt very "lets make it look cooler" friendly
i'd like to see a window in one to show off some of that "fancy" hardware( microsoft fanboy here)
but the smarties at sony decided to design the internals so theres not much you'd see from the top...i guess you could try a window from the bottom so when it's on its side but... not much to look at there either. mabye i'll take a crack at something like that someday

MiamiBiker305

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 01:53:00 AM »

yeah I dont know about Windows, I would have to buy myself one and play around with it, get to know it better,
But I Might for sure start selling Custom ps3's one day  cool.gif

I'm still busy with the original xbox case mods believe it or not

Kyleg001

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »

Teaser
IPB Image

Kyleg001

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 02:19:00 AM »

Finally got it done ya'll

IPB Image

IPB Image

enjoy the pics, any questions, let me know. Spead the news

link to full pictures Pictures

Kyleg001

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »

pepito01226

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »

falcon3601

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »

Ive modded my xbox compeletelly,added leds,removed stock fans and fan shroud and added 2 pc fans here the link  http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title
Ive painted my ps3 silver link  http://www.youtube.c...;feature=relmfu

I changed thermal compound placed as5 and cleaned the dust in my ps3 .And one night I was bored so I made a power supply from an old sammy xbox drive also the link  http://www.youtube.c...;feature=relmfu

I like doing mods on my console,i probaly went a little to far with xbox but with my ps3 im satisfied.And really I clearly see the difference between stock thermal compound and artic silver 5 in my ps3.