xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: PS3 Controller Versions and TP Spots  (Read 2596 times)

IAmMcLovin12345

• Archived User
PS3 Controller Versions and TP Spots
« on: September 14, 2012, 05:10:00 PM »

hey,

i bought a couple controller off ebay. claiming that they where genuine sony controllers

but i havnt seen this motherboard before :S and the daughter board is a solid board and not like the pictures ive seen :S

have i bought some knock offs or what?

heres a pik:

IPB Image

thanks

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »

Official Sony controllers don't have their leads bent over on thru hole parts, like the Sticks there, or leave some of the joints unsoldered. They may change revisions more times than the wind blows, but at least they build them right, or have so far anyway. You'll find that kind of 'quality' on 3rd party and knockoff junk for sure though.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »

CODE

[]
  X   /\  O
       35 34

Remember that TP18 is the Common connection for those buttons, which is to the right of the [ ] in your pic there in the row of 3 TP spots, TP25, TP18, TP57.

IAmMcLovin12345

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(RDC @ Sep 26 2012, 10:25 PM) *

That's an MSU_V3.5X and the TP spots are listed on the first page of this thread.

You have [ ] (TP30) and X (TP31) correct.

If that orange dot is supposed to be O it's incorrect. O is TP32, which is right next to TP33, which is for the /\ button. All of those TP spots are right there next to the 2 you already have marked. You can follow the line from the TP33, TP32, TP35, TP34 marking right to them. TP33, TP32 are in the top of that little group of 4 there, while TP35, TP34 are on the bottom.

CODE

[]
  X   /\  O
       35 34

Remember that TP18 is the Common connection for those buttons, which is to the right of the [ ] in your pic there in the row of 3 TP spots, TP25, TP18, TP57.

Like this

(IMG:http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh587/IAmMcLovin12345/sss_zps1928bff1.jpg)

?? thank you ??

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »

Yup, minus that other O spot there on the right.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 07:39:00 AM »

Thread updated with the latest MSU_VX6_0.06 version board.

diabolusbr

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 11:45:00 AM »

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread that is constantly updated by RDC (thanks a lot), don't know if anyone still checks for questions, though. Thought I'd risk it here first before creating a new thread.

So, apparently my controller is some version of the MSU_V3.5X and I'm trying to do the usual: add an extra X button to it.

So I was thinking.... could I solder the wires to the X and TP18 points on the daughter board's connections ? I know I would have to scrape a little of the carbon off, but my main question is, would the daughter board as a whole lose contact to the main board due to the extra space from the solder (on the ones that aren't soldered)?

Let me know your input... thanks in advance

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »

Welcome.

That will make a mess of the DB connection unless you were to use extremely thin wire and a pretty small solder joint, plus it's really pointless, since the 3.5X already has nice TP spots on the back of the board for both of those  connections, so you don't even have to take the controller completely apart. You'd be making far more work for yourself with issues that would eventually turn up doing it the other way.

This post has been edited by RDC: Apr 11 2013, 06:47 AM

diabolusbr

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 01:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(RDC @ Apr 11 2013, 06:46 AM) *

Welcome.

That will make a mess of the DB connection unless you were to use extremely thin wire and a pretty small solder joint, plus it's really pointless, since the 3.5X already has nice TP spots on the back of the board for both of those  connections, so you don't even have to take the controller completely apart. You'd be making far more work for yourself with issues that would eventually turn up doing it the other way.

Thanks for the reply, RDC. Apparently I said the wrong controller. The one I have is some kind of MSU_VX3_0.07 but mine has 0840 (on the top left of the BOTTOM side) instead of the 0842. And that is exactly why I was thinking about soldering on the daughter board contact on the main board. Because even though I have a TP18, I don't have a TP spot for the X. I could try soldering the pin 60 on the chip but I really think I would do better with something a little bigger like the contacts from the DB.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 01:52:00 AM »

That number is more for production run data versus the controller version.

You'd be better off soldering to pin 60 of the MCU versus the DB connection. With 30awg wire, small solder and a little patience it's not really that difficult of a solder joint to make. Since it's right on the corner of the chip, as long as you're careful and use the proper tools and parts, the chance of bridging pins together is minimal. There is always the Via for the X button as well, either of which is far better than using the DB connections.

This post has been edited by RDC: Apr 11 2013, 08:53 AM

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »

If you have that V2, V2.5 or VX version board, then you use..

TP39 for X

TP40 for O

TP26 for the common connection for X and O

odingalt

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »

The below photo shows you the COM1 and COM2 points (as well as the other points I use on my modchip, as well as one possible wire placement recommendation)

Brought to you by the guys at Viking Controllers :-)

IPB Image

IPB Image

cunape84

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 04:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(i7vSa7vi7y @ Apr 29 2012, 01:03 AM) View Post

ASUKA REV: 1.06

The X is R1 and the [ ] is O on this pic.
I'm adding O and X mod but the points are wrong on this image.

Sorry on this model ASUKA REV: 1.06 where cain i solder to get a "x" and "o" button like scuf.. Can i solder in the directly in the motherboard can u show some picts about. Thanks alot

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »

I have already posted the spots for the Asuka, they were correct then, and they still are.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 04:42:00 AM »

Nope. Yep.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10