xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Scrolling Lines Through The Ps3  (Read 207 times)

mrmoe

• Archived User
Scrolling Lines Through The Ps3
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »

i have a toshiba tv 1080i/720p,  when ever i hook up my ps3 to componet with intec cables i get lines scrolling through the picture and also through my HD PVR, but nothing else, i use my DVI-HDMI cable to the ps3 i get very faint lines, even if the ps3 is off i still get lines, i have called sony, they thought it was a bad port, so i got a brand new ps3, still did it, i got new componet cables still does  it.  I also get feedback like a humming noise through my tv speakers, on the ps3 input and the pvr input.
i have fliped the inputs on my tv, i have an xbox, xbox 360, ps2. Wii, and i got no other issues with this
ready to return this ps3 again!

Bezel

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 04:52:00 AM »

Have you tried disconnecting everything from your tv including the arial and just connecting your ps3, its sounds like you may have a ground loop.

Bezel..

freesafety13

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 05:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrmoe @ Aug 17 2007, 03:21 AM) View Post

i have a toshiba tv 1080i/720p,  when ever i hook up my ps3 to componet with intec cables i get lines scrolling through the picture and also through my HD PVR, but nothing else, i use my DVI-HDMI cable to the ps3 i get very faint lines, even if the ps3 is off i still get lines, i have called sony, they thought it was a bad port, so i got a brand new ps3, still did it, i got new componet cables still does  it.  I also get feedback like a humming noise through my tv speakers, on the ps3 input and the pvr input.
i have fliped the inputs on my tv, i have an xbox, xbox 360, ps2. Wii, and i got no other issues with this
ready to return this ps3 again!

what is the exact resolution of the tv.  it sounds to me like your tv does not support whatever the format is when you are playing the ps3.  If your HD PVR allows you to only use one format resolution at a time, try switching between all of them until you find one that fails.  If your tv does not have problems displaying 480p-1080i, then the issues you are seeing are being cause by the tv jacks themselves.

mrmoe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 05:44:00 AM »

i was able to find the problem i was using a pair of audio cables from my pvr to my tv that were no good once i changed them and put ps3 on HDMI no problems with  PVR of PS3 now all looks good
thx for the ideas & replys