xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Picture Blacks Out Sometimes  (Read 202 times)

rockstardaddy

• Archived User
Picture Blacks Out Sometimes
« on: July 30, 2007, 08:44:00 AM »

Just got my PS3 this weekend and damn am I happy! The only issue is I had a cheap pair of component cables I bought off ebay for my ps2, which I never got to use, seriously I paid like $2 for the cables. Heres the deal, when I play movies the picture goes black for a few seconds a couple times at the start, same thing with some games and when I'm sitting idle on the Super Rub a Dub game the picture gets all messed up, but on other things it's fine. Same thing when I start the game it goes black, but I can still here the audio. Does anyone think maybe if get the official Sony components this will help? I'm thinking of picking some up tomorrow when I pick up 300 on Blu Ray!

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »

thats not a cable issue, thats a console issue.  Join the club, 360's are starting to do this lately too.

I can't wait until the NEXT gen.

freesafety13

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »

I've had an issue similar to this with the ps2 and it turned out to be my tv.  It was not the ps2 or the cables.  The best way to test this theory is to connect a dvd player via component cables to the jacks that are now being occupied by the ps3 component cables and watch a couple movies to see if you get the same black and white problems.

rockstardaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 08:44:00 AM »

So far everything else I have connected does not have this issue with the screen blacking out. Tonight I'm going to hook up the PS3 to another TV and see if I get the same issue. If it still blacks out I should be able to exchange it at Best Buy where I got it like 5 days ago right?