xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hardware Scaler Exists?  (Read 199 times)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Hardware Scaler Exists?
« on: December 11, 2006, 03:35:00 AM »

Interesting, and looks legit.

VariableElite

• Archived User
Hardware Scaler Exists?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »

If this is true, and Sony isn't allowing devs to utilize it, then it might as well not exist.

But it strikes me as the high school nerd claiming that his girlfriend goes to school in another state. Sure, it's possible, but is it likely?

mlmadmax

• Archived User
Hardware Scaler Exists?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

This doesn't really seem likely to me, but who knows the unit is capable of upscaling standard dvds it just doesn't. The real question is WTF is wrong with sony. For 600 bucks the PS3 should have been able to do ALL this stuff without an update the first time I plugged it in.

dvsone

• Archived User
Hardware Scaler Exists?
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 10:19:00 PM »

Is there was one in there, why would they back down on a firmware fix? Because it would be 100% possible if there was. Maybe it adds heat and explodes!

spinr34

• Archived User
Hardware Scaler Exists?
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(dvsone @ Dec 11 2006, 09:26 PM) View Post

Is there was one in there, why would they back down on a firmware fix? Because it would be 100% possible if there was. Maybe it adds heat and explodes!

from reading the thread on avs, it appears that it requires developer support. so even if they did release a firmware update to allow games to use the internal scaler developers of current games would have to release a patch to support 1080. just read darkknight's posts on avs if you are confused.