xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony Rep Contradicts Earlier Hd Quotes  (Read 241 times)

ikecomp

• Archived User
Sony Rep Contradicts Earlier Hd Quotes
« on: May 15, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »

I apologize if this has already been posted.

Apparently, there is no difference in HDMI interfaces and other available HD interfaces

We felt that if you want to save something on your Memory Stick, most people have those readers on their PC, which is easily adaptable to the PlayStation 3 with a USB cord," said Hirai. "The only difference is HDMI – and at this point, I don't think many people's TV's have that. The ultimate result, to my eyes anyway, is there's not a discernable difference between what you get between HDMI and other forms of high definition.

http://money.cnn.com...3_kaz/index.htm

Once again sony shows how full of it they are  laugh.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »

i dont think this has been posted before but it has been discussed many times.  of course sony is full of it, they claim that the "HD era" doesnt start until they say it does and that 1080p is the only "true" HD, and now that its put up or shut up time, sony isnt so loud but instead just downplays everything they ripped on the 360 for the last year.  

regardless of the ps3 being a quality system (well powerful, dont know about quality yet), i refuse to my a company with business practices and methods like that any of my $$.  consumers can speak the loudest about things like this and i find it amusing how so many people are bitching about the rescent news but still admit they will buy one.  I speak with my wallet and if more people would do the same then maybe sony would think twice before opening their mouth next time.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 02:14:00 AM »

Pfff......the ps3 games will be 1080p at 120 fps.  If you don't believe me, ask kenny.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ May 24 2006, 04:21 AM) View Post

Pfff......the ps3 games will be 1080p at 120 fps.  If you don't believe me, ask kenny.

laugh.gif