xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Happened To Dual Display?  (Read 386 times)

TUUK

• Archived User
What Happened To Dual Display?
« on: May 13, 2006, 04:03:00 PM »

I guess the topic header says it all. Didn't Sony state that the PS3 would support dual display output? That was a feature I was looking forward to seeing how it worked out, but it seems they dropped the feature?

I wonder if it was ever really planned or just something to gain interest in the console...

TUUK

mastergwaha

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

bottom line........

You don't know wtf is gonna be there until it's labeled on the box. And even then, check inside the box for appropriate contents too. Lots of people bought "boxes" of Xbox 360's etc.... GWAHAHAHAHA!

Static X

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

I know I have posted this in a few other threads. No, without 2 HDMI connections, it won't work.

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(TUUK @ May 13 2006, 03:03 PM) View Post

I wonder if it was ever really planned or just something to gain interest in the console...

TUUK

Sony lied (again).  blink.gif

At E3 2005, all they did was attempt to steal M$'s thunder. Everytime M$ made an announcement, Sony made a bigger one. One year later, we find out Sony was just throwing out BS to try to rain on the Xbox 360 parade.

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Alex548 @ May 14 2006, 07:41 PM) View Post

Sony lied (again).  blink.gif
At E3 2005, all they did was attempt to steal M$'s thunder. Everytime M$ made an announcement, Sony made a bigger one. One year later, we find out Sony was just throwing out BS to try to rain on the Xbox 360 parade.

Well, it's not like Sony hasn't been known to do this.  Didn't they say the FF VII trailers on TV were gameplay, and they were cutscenes (that is what I've heard, but that was kind of before my time so correct me if I am wrong)?  Haven't they done A LOT of this before, can some one please say Emotion Engine?

Anyway, don't get your hopes up about any of that stuff from pretty much ANY company, especially IMO Sony.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

you do realize what company were talking about here??  yes it was all a lie.  

most of what sony announced last year at E3 was just hot air to take the spotlight away from MS and the 360, if you believe otherwise then your obviously blind as sony hasnt even come CLOSE to meeting the promises they made a year ago.  

and yes, while they didnt say it was gameplay during the FF7 commercials, many consumers thought the actual game did look that good as they showed nothing but CGI during the commercial.  i remember reading reports of angry consumers because of the false advertising.  even my father who knows nothing of gaming thought that was the coolest game because of the commercial but wouldnt believe it when he was seeing the REAL game on my bro's ps1 back in the day.  

again as long as the zombies eat up the BS, sony will continue to hand it out as any smart company would.  dont get me wrong, im not calling sony smart, but their marketing and hype strategies are the best in the business.

Jonm888

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

Didn't Sony also say that you could hook up two ps2's (or was it ps3's) together and they will work together and go faster?

calderra

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 07:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jonm888 @ May 15 2006, 07:08 PM) View Post

Didn't Sony also say that you could hook up two ps2's (or was it ps3's) together and they will work together and go faster?

So did Nintendo, let's be fair. You were supposed to be able to network 4 Gamecubes into a SuperSquare or... something.

But dual display was stupid anyway, so it's okay with me.
 laugh.gif

Why would anyone want to view the same game on two TVs? Still haven't figured it out. Unless Sony intended to copy the Nintendo DS with that one... hope not.

JustDanMI

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

I was picturing the Dual display in multiplayer games.  Where the red team gets one tv and the Blue team gets the other.  I thought that would have been cool.  Just kinda sucks that the PS3 only recognizes 7 controllers.

ghostnova

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

I'm really glad they got rid of it. It was a feature that we would pay for without ever using it. Developers always keep in mind the lowest common denominator,  and it's a no brainer that people with 2 HDTVs in the same room, side by side are a minority. Thus no developer would have spent resources to take advantage of it.

It was a stupid idea to begin with.

Getting rid of both HDMI outputs... now, that's a problem.