xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Questions Please Help  (Read 239 times)

delukard

• Archived User
Questions Please Help
« on: June 27, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »

Hi i was wondering some things about the ps3, and hope to get some answers. I could google them, BUT i always trust this place with the answers i get. TY for the help!

i used to have a ps3 , and sold it it was a 60gb NTSC backward compatible ps3
i still have some ps3 games and ps2 games and was wondering this.

.If i get a 80gb or 60gb what firmware it has to have in order to mod without a usb dongle?
.- if it's possible to mod. can i?

a) rip ps2 games and play them from hdd
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) rip ps3 games and play them from hdd
If the blue ray of that ps3 is not working can i still play gmes from the hdd? if transfered by ftp.

TBH i'm interested on playing the games from HDD y always try to do that with all my consoles
i liked it when microsoft added that function to the 360.

thank you for all your help

dennisv9

• Archived User
Questions Please Help
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(delukard @ Jun 27 2011, 11:48 PM) View Post

Hi i was wondering some things about the ps3, and hope to get some answers. I could google them, BUT i always trust this place with the answers i get. TY for the help!

i used to have a ps3 , and sold it it was a 60gb NTSC backward compatible ps3
i still have some ps3 games and ps2 games and was wondering this.

.If i get a 80gb or 60gb what firmware it has to have in order to mod without a usb dongle?
.- if it's possible to mod. can i?

a) rip ps2 games and play them from hdd
cool.gif rip ps3 games and play them from hdd
If the blue ray of that ps3 is not working can i still play gmes from the hdd? if transfered by ftp.

TBH i'm interested on playing the games from HDD y always try to do that with all my consoles
i liked it when microsoft added that function to the 360.

thank you for all your help

google is GREAT; just as the google search engine that searches in THIS great forum. why not give them a try and all answers will reveal themselves.

1) any ps3 with ofw3.55 or below can run cfw. any ps3 with any ofw can be downgraded to ofw3.55 and below with the infectus mod chip (it is a pain to solder in!!!!!)
you can play ps2 games ONLY with the cobra usb device, not with cfw (perhaps in the future). they should also play from hdd. IF you have a console that has backward compatibility, you can play original ps2 games on it.

with cfw you can play ps3 backups from hdd; without working laser gamecompatibility is limited. with working laser, game compatibility is quite good via BDemulator. but backup gaming is limited too games that run on the known 3.55 keys, new games that are signed with the unknown keys (some games from fw3.60 and onwards) do not run. no workaround for that, perhaps never. who knows. more and more games are (going to be) released with the unknown keys, so they will not run on cfw.

and there is not an option like on the 360; copy games to hdd and run games from hdd with the original disc in the tray (where the disc sometimes only spins up to check if the disc is still in the tray). only bd disc gaming possible on the ps3 (although some games need to be installed to the hdd!)