xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Paradox Comment on PS3 iSO Loader  (Read 461 times)

1nsan3

• Archived User
Paradox Comment on PS3 iSO Loader
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »

in a way i am kinda glad the ps3 hasnt been hacked yet... then ya dont have to worry about online modders ( cheaters) yet.. like with the xbox1.. security is a good thing.. offline i dont give a rats ass,, But online hacking, i do NOT support..

.kinda like the xbox 360 controller mod for rapid-fire... .. that just destroys online gaming... but hey, not my fault u cant shoot!!!

YoungGeekGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »

You know they are starting to fix the rapid fire, in another section someone was saying that the rapid fire did not work in Call of Duty 5 anymore so it looks like they are starting to crack down on this for the 360. Eventually I think the ps3 will be hacked, it seems like everything does eventually.

timstim

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2008, 12:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(1nsan3 @ Nov 4 2008, 07:46 AM) *

in a way i am kinda glad the ps3 hasnt been hacked yet... then ya dont have to worry about online modders ( cheaters) yet.. like with the xbox1.. security is a good thing.. offline i dont give a rats ass,, But online hacking, i do NOT support..
.kinda like the xbox 360 controller mod for rapid-fire... .. that just destroys online gaming... but hey, not my fault u cant shoot!!!

lol rapid fire controllers are a joke, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)  i destroy people with rapid fire controllers all the time.they dont hurt online play at all like a wallhack or aimbot would.if you have problems with people using rapidfire maby you need to practice more. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

vivekvivek2001

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »

When the hell is the PS3 gonna be modable? Is it even gonna be hacked?

vildzek

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2008, 03:16:00 AM »

Good question, hard answer. I too want to be hacked, i hate to pay 50 E on a single game.

mafiafan123

• Recovered User
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2008, 12:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(vildzek @ Dec 14 2008, 04:52 AM) View Post

Good question, hard answer. I too want to be hacked, i hate to pay 50 E on a single game.

grr.gif That would be Piracy tho. watch that. I dont mind supporting dev. of games but it is nice to backup your own game so you dont have to worry about it getting messed up handleing it all the time wink.gif

ludacrisvp

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2008, 05:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(vildzek @ Dec 14 2008, 04:52 AM) View Post

So what you are saying is that you intend to PIRATE games on the PS3 if it is ever hacked.
Well I don't see a reason for it to ever be hacked.
The BluRay discs havent had any read issues for me, nor do they scratch as easily as a DVD,
so at this point in time the "backup" excuse that some use is not going to be good enough to justify
anyone making or releasing a hack for the PS3.
The PS3 does all I need it to do without any modifications.
I can run my Linux when I want to, while it would be nice to have access to the gpu in linux but it still isnt stopping me from using it from time to time.
There is no need for a hack to play backups at this point in time, besides the cost of BD-r and their burners are a lot more than the cost of buying the games again if you damage them to the point of being non-functional.

There are only two hacks that I think should happen.
1. Full GPU access in Linux - even with the latest firmware applied.
2. Ability to play music content in ALL games not just one game that had an update to have a built in music player that plays the music on your hard drive. (pain was updated to add a jukebox) I want to press the PS button and play my music from the XMB. There was a hack done to the PSP that allowed the same type of functionality long before the PS3 had in-game XMB.

That's it, there is no need for there to be a hack for what you want to do.

deadpool66

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(timstim @ Nov 21 2008, 09:00 AM) View Post

lol rapid fire controllers are a joke, rolleyes.gif  i destroy people with rapid fire controllers all the time.they dont hurt online play at all like a wallhack or aimbot would.if you have problems with people using rapidfire maby you need to practice more. unsure.gif

You say that becuase you probably are a cheater with a rapid fire controller nice try.

PowderDay

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2009, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(ludacrisvp @ Dec 16 2008, 06:03 PM) *

There is no need for a hack to play backups at this point in time, besides the cost of BD-r and their burners are a lot more than the cost of buying the games again if you damage them to the point of being non-functional.

You must not have kids, know any kids, or think kids don't play video games.
I want it to be hacked, so I can load my games onto my hard drive and play them from there. This way, when my or any other kid switches games, theres NO chance for a scratched/broken disk.

If you think a kid can't destroy a BR game easily without trying, you're insane. At $60 a pop, I DO need backups, but not in disk form. The point for me is to loose the spinning media, the point where all the damage is done, and get it out of the picture.

Aside from that, as we've seen with the xbox1 community, you get a lot more support for things like uncommon codecs and such from the hacker community that sony or M$ would never provide. Codec support is just an example of course.

Meethatguy

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2009, 11:35:00 AM »

I just found this and wow.  You can tell the dude is just an immature child who thinks he is all owerful because he knows how to do something most of us dont.... like making himself look cool by changing letters in words  lol.

I just wish people would think about this  a little..

First.. what happened to the psp when everyone started pirating? no mor egood games..
and you guys complain there are no good games for ps3 now??  after this you might as well instal linux and use it for a PC.

Also,,, do you have a blu ray burner???  And I know more then 80% of us here dont either because its not practical at this time.

There is also no way to FTP to a PS3 or fiddle with the file system through your pc so......

R2D2

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2009, 08:49:00 AM »

No way to ftp from a ps3?? lol! Ive done this very thing using linux to backup a bluray! Read more into it before making silly assumptions!!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleeping.gif)

vildzek

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »

The bluray is cheap, you must live in a past, compare 6 $ single layer with a price of original. Wake up, personally i want the hack for ps3. Im sick of same statement BLU burner is EXPENSIVE, is a fortune, let s wait for ps4 then...

D3m0n1k

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »

Why is it NOT possible for someone to make a firmware like they did for the 360, then since the PS3 can run Linux and recognize the dvd rom, you boot into Linux and update the firmware through Linux?

Is this not possible, or am I missing something with the PS3 security checks?

openxdkman

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2009, 03:36:00 AM »

There are separates actions :

1) To create a valid CFW
The whole thing is a chain of code parts. First code part is in CPU chipset itself and can't change.
It launches next part read from NAND chipset (the persistant memory thing that holds the 'firmware' and can be 'reflashed' during firmware upgrades). Sometimes it launches or read even more external extra things (like NXE needing extra parts from onboard or external memory units for avatars, on 360).
The problem is at each step of the chain, before launching next part, this part is read, hashed (a small signature string is computed, unique for each unique compilable code part), hash is encrypted, compared to expected hash, etc... Encryption is asymetric (pair public/private key). Console knows a public key so it can authenticate (see xorloser's blog for nice explanations for noobs). But to be able to create a valid part implies you know the private key. Xorloser calculated, in best cases, we would need 700000 years to brute force break it (see his blog). So... unless there is a flaw in this cascade of signature verification, we can't create our own CFW.
In the case of 360 that flaw existed temporarily in kernel 4532 and 4548, allowing tmbinc to offer a way to erase memory and load linux onboard 360. Flaw isn't at very beginning of boot, so booting normally and launching KK and letting shader rampage 360 innards is necessary. No such flaw in recent models and firmwares. I don't think PS3 has such a flaw either in recent firmwares and pressure is low to find one since Linux is allowed through alternate booting route (Other OS).

2) To swap firmwares
If we can't create a new one, let's swap among existing ones.
Even that is blocked nowadays. On 360 it's called LDV lock down value, wrote in firmware image, and that should match efuses states in console. To touch it, a cpu key is needed, that is involved in a per-machine encryption of firmware (this is separate from the signature of valid code seen above).
But cpu key is inside cpu chipset and you get it only if you can run code at will (miracle : kk shader allowed us to do that, because of a 2nd major flaw, KK related : shader isn't signed nor verified).
On PS3, earlier firmwares could be swapped, then a bit after 2.10 it couldn't. So a mechanism a bit like efuses but not very well known prevents older firmware to work again if reflashed.

3) To circumvent... blablabla
Evil drive hacks... etc... 360 failed at protecting drive firmware. PS3 still resists. Wii is a joke.
Be aware they will just drop drives soon, for download services. So this part will just be gone soon.

The conclusion is that modern and serious consoles are very will protected (let's ignore Wii for now, it's not known as a 'seriously protected' console since tmbinc, bushing and co. found many flaws in its security)

Another thing is what happened to console who got CFW? Best example is PSP.
A serious slow down of games releases could be noticed, because there were not enough money to do with so much rampant piracy. For that reason, some of the best brains out there are not really interested in looking for ways to create CFW's anymore and they rather want to stick to just offering ways to boot linux.
At least it opens ways to emulators running under Linux without opening wide piracy gate.
Kutagari saw that and letting Linux boot on PS3 was smart and probably gave PS3 the best chance to avoid massive piracy. 360 couldn't avoid it because it made it's dvd drive security based on too much cheap parts that didn't resist hackers. The blueray part of PS3 still resists hackers today.

You shouldn't keep any hope for CFW's on recent 360's and PS3's. What might happen in future is that some intelligent dev/hacker know so well how firmwares (and game os) work that they can write 360 and PS3 emulators running on future machine (PC?) holding enough horsepower to host them.

360 innards are exposed since public keys have been found, and many tools (thx xorloser!) allow to just browse the code freely. So a 360 emulator will certainly happen in future.

PS3 is still mysterious since some public keys are not even known yet, but that may still happen.
Movies on blueray have been decrypted (public keys found in ram while some player software were running, etc...). Earlier PS3 firmwares may have security holes, allowing, at least to understand all decrypting procedures once one of the first games released on blueray is inserted. Then allowing to understand how PS3 works and thus how to write a PS3 emulator... etc....

Emu fun requires patience (let's say decades of patience)...

This post has been edited by openxdkman: May 17 2009, 10:38 AM

semitope

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »

A lot of people buy the 360 simply because they can pirate games for itm and still buy games for the system when they feel they want to and can (me included soon) i wouldnt magically buy more games just because i can pirate but the fact that i can does affect whether i buy a system or not and eventually whether i buy games for that system or not. End result is a loss for the hackless system.

People you cant consider the world an immaculate place to do business, consumers dont have endless pockets willing to buy every games without first playing it. Linux on the ps3 is a joke
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5