xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Funny Blu-ray vs HD DVD Ad Videos  (Read 112 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Funny Blu-ray vs HD DVD Ad Videos
« on: November 26, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 26-11-2007 23:21 EST

xboxmodder4life

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 11:59:00 PM »

half those products he threw in the closet were sony backed formats but they forgot UMD, and MiniDisc ;-)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 05:24:00 AM »

these videos aren't officially backed by Sony and are made by "the fans"

though they've got that distinctive quality that fits squarely between amature and profession..

Honestly this smells like another "alliwantforxmasisapsp" type of ad campaign.

Chigawaa

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »

Honestly these made me sad.  Reminded me of the coming election commercials.  You know the ones where the candidate can't win on his own qualities so he tries to make the competition look unqualified and scare the public into voting for him.

Im all about advertising but would much rather hear about your product and why I should buy it instead of watching you try to down another product.  And yes I know these aren't officially sponsored by Sony or the Blue Ray group (same people really) but still think its kinda cheap.

And no I don't own either format so Im not a fan boy of either.  I will continue to use my HTPC until a clear winner has been decided, until then x264 Rocks!  biggrin.gif

pRtkL xLr8r

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »

You only make commercials like that when you're afraid of the storm...just like Time Warner making those commercials about AT&T's "unfair" business practices -- yeah, unfair because they would give a better price and giving customers a good price to TW is unfair.  I still don't see how these bastards are not considered a monopoly...I digressed, sorry.