xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Blu-ray Association hits back at HD DVD sales claims  (Read 93 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Blu-ray Association hits back at HD DVD sales claims
« on: July 16, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 16-7-2007 20:22 EST

From gamesdog.co.uk:

The Blu-ray Disc Association European Promotions Committee has hit back at HD DVD's figures in yet another tit-for-tat argument over which format is winning the format war, and who is the best at making the numbers work for them.

According to the Blu-ray Disc Association European Promotions Committee, it says that this claim is "misleading and misrepresentative" of the real and clear market trends in Europe, before admitting that HD DVD "does have sales advantage for several reasons".

Where is has a gripe however, is that the HD DVD figures fail to include the European PC drive sales or Sony's PlayStation 3 console.

According to the BDA European Promotions Committee including these would mean that Blu-ray Disc accounts for almost 95% of all next generation hardware sales in Europe this year.

Full Story: gamesdog.co.uk

chane2k1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »

I sure hope that Universal starts supporting Blu-ray soon. Then they can release some of my all time favorites. I must admit that I don't like most of there newer titles but I do like a lot of there older ones.