xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Blu-ray will help ensure success of PlayStation 3, says Harrison  (Read 81 times)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User

They should have asked him "What happens when BR fails?". People are going to stop buying the PoS3 if they don't start making some games for it and stop worrying so much about they're format winning.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Blu-ray will help ensure success of PlayStation 3, says Harrison
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »

Blu-ray is still ahead in sales against HD-DVD. MS says this lead is temporary. I hope that they're right.

The way i see it, Blu-ray and PS3 will always be in the same shoes (analogy help?). If one does better, the other will too; if one fails, the other will fail with it.    Therefore, we must make the weaker of the two (PS3) fail, so that Blu-ray fails.

Blu-ray, with hope, will become the next UMD.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 07:59:00 PM »

When a universal player comes out it is going to kill all this nonsense and hurt the PS3 horribly bad. They are rumord to cost as much as a standard blu ray player when they come out early next year end of this year.

Anyone looking at buying a PS3 for it's blu ray capabilities would probably get a universal player for cheaper.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ Mar 13 2007, 09:06 PM) View Post

When a universal player comes out it is going to kill all this nonsense and hurt the PS3 horribly bad. They are rumord to cost as much as a standard blu ray player when they come out early next year end of this year.

Anyone looking at buying a PS3 for it's blu ray capabilities would probably get a universal player for cheaper.

I wonder if those universal players will match the video quality of HD-DVD or just have it match Blu-ray, i don't know why it wouldn't match both but theres always a possibility.

when you say standard price, are you talking about $1000 or the cheaper $600 ones

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(lando786 @ Mar 13 2007, 11:14 PM) View Post

with the ps3 i dont see how BR will fail... fanaticism aside theres really no better deal for a HD player than buying a PS3 since its a game console/HTPC hybrid and i dont see why any1 would buy a universal player.. yeah some movies are exclusive to certain formats for now but sooner or later when the wars over itll be just one format not much use for that universal player after that, pricewise i highly doubt they will be released the same price as current players wink.gif  just my opinion thought...

you mean...

"with the ps3 i don't see how BR will succeed"? tongue.gif

dvsone

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 03:21:00 AM »

I think digital distribution is winning and is going to win in the end. I know some people love collecting movie discs but in 5-10 year times I want 10-50TB media center with basic navigation to access any of my movies in seconds. Video on demand get the latest movies the same time as the cinemas in a 5 to 10 minute download AT MOST or better yet streaming after a few seconds. I don't care if cinemas die out, it's their fault for not moving to digital. If they must have physical media, then lets have some kinda of flash drives that are compatible with all media devices including portable devices.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »

I thought games determine the success? They don't have many right now.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »

The PS3 w/ Blu-Ray is a good a media player as Xbox360 w/ HD-DVD. I agree neither really matters and Video on Demand is the future. Noone will have to locally own anything. MS has it right with IPTV.

IPTV and/or Movie Downloads > Blu-Ray and/or HD-DVD

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »

I would like to see how Video Marketplace is doing compared to Blu-ray and HD-DVD; it must be close.

fuma_oyabun

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »

we should wait and see , i think BD will win this war , because it have more space and its good for movies , the only thing that they want is more space .
but im not sure that PS3 will succeed if BD win this war