xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Price  (Read 148 times)

Reilly

• Archived User
Ps3 Price
« on: September 11, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »

Anybody expect the price of pre 3.00 updated PS3's to go up ? Something similar to Jtaggable Xboxs ? I've got a few PS3's sitting here that I need to fix but might hold off selling them if there is more money to be made in a few months.

Reilly

• Archived User
Ps3 Price
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Sep 11 2010, 10:03 PM) View Post

well It could happen 2 ways. First a few months from now as the exploitable ones become more and more rare to price starts to go up then yes it would be a good idea to hold on to them. Second what if you hold on to them now and later on the newer one gets exploited then you have waited for nothing. Either way as long as you make a profit you win. But if you look at it from the homebrew side in a month or two their will be a lot more out so people will want them more anyway. Also if they have a jailbreak devise included in the sell and they are ready for homebrew the price would be higher also.

I think I will bide my time with this one, was too quick out of the blocks with JTAG's and don't want to make the same mistake twice. Either the price goes up or I sell them on for more than I paid once I have fixed them.

breathofice

• Archived User
Ps3 Price
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 07:15:00 AM »

i dont think they will inflate to the level of Jtag Xboxes. I have a feeling it will be more like psp and they will figure out the new firmwares. I havent heard anything about efuse blowing on PS3