xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Online Cut From Tony Hawk Ps3  (Read 126 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Online Cut From Tony Hawk Ps3
« on: September 18, 2006, 08:52:00 AM »

Developer Neversoft has dropped online play from the PlayStation 3 version of Tony Hawk's Project 8, a key third-party launch title for Sony's next-gen console.

The developer has only recently received development kits for the PlayStation 3 and has not had time to implement online play ahead of the consoles' US and Japanese launch in November, according to an article on IGN.

.....but it still hasn't received all of the software libraries and has no indication of how the online components will work on PS3, so it's not offering them," detailed the report.

Click the link above to read the rest....

cr4ck3rj4ck

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 09:06:00 AM »

Ouch. The picture just keeps getting darker for Sony...

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »

I'll tell you what...

I waited patiently for Neversoft to bring Online play to the Xbox when I saw the PS2 version get it in THUG I was dissapointed because I had an Xbox and Xbox Live, never the less I bought the PS2 version because it supported online play. I was excited when I heard it was coming for THUG2 on the Xbox... I preordered it and when I got home and found that Neversoft had dropped online support of THUG2 on the I brought it back to the store and traded it for the PS2 version (that DID support online play)... They finally implimented it on the Xbox when THAW came out but it didn't matter because I bought the Xbox 360 version instead... needless to say I never played a TH game online with my Xbox 1. I think this is important not just because it wont be supporting online play but because all of the last gen version (including the PS2 version) probably will... What does that say about the PS3 and Sony's promise of competing with Xbox live?

I think this just servers as more fodder to show that most of what Sony is promising hasn't really been thought through very well.

It seems to me like the big wigs just make claims as they go along for the explicit purpose of 1 uping their competitors "Oh yeah? Well we can do that TOO, AND we can do it TWICE as good!" Then they just throw the requirements to the poor poor system engineers to work out the impossible details. Of course it seems most of the developers know about as much about the PS3 as we do in terms of these last minute additions... which is a pretty sad state of affairs. Motion control was only available two weeks before it was presented, and only one developer had access to it, most other devs have complained about not having any controllers with the motion features nor any development tools to use them. Now we see evidence that the online System is last minute again with no defined spec or development tools to utilize it.

I'm curious what m_hael has to say about this.

cr4ck3rj4ck

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

Now we see evidence that the online System is last minute again with no defined spec or development tools to utilize it.

...and the shortcuts taken at manufacturing/hardware level will surface shortly after launch.

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »

all they have to do is include System-Link. TeamXLink can do the rest, totally FREE of charge  dry.gif

lex_luther23

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

ehhh fuck here we go again don't look like much is going to change this gen ether with the fucking liars and sony corp more big ONLINE promisses with no REAL intent to deliver!! Only we those assholes are going to wake up is when they loose tthe console war and pretty soon people are going to get tired of the company who crys wolf.

thepissedoffman

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 06:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(maxlifo @ Sep 19 2006, 04:22 AM) View Post

It's bad news for this game, but come on, it's only one game and early days. Would be interesting to hear from M Hael though.  Is he still posting over on Xbox scene?

Who is M Hael?

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 07:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(thepissedoffman @ Sep 19 2006, 02:03 PM) View Post

Who is M Hael?

he's the developer for Tony Hawks games.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(redwolf @ Sep 19 2006, 09:14 AM) View Post

he's the developer for Tony Hawks games.

the = a

I should hope there is more then one developer working at Neversoft  laugh.gif

IIRC he works specifically on engine development and in addition to the TH series worked on Gun as well.

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 02:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Sep 19 2006, 03:56 PM) View Post

the = a

wow! there are more then one person making that game......

j/k happy.gif