xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Fight Night Round 3  (Read 209 times)

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« on: September 04, 2006, 07:48:00 AM »

http://ps3.ign.com/a...0/730101p3.html

EA comes clean.  In the interview, I found that they were brutally honest (especially the very last answer) I wish I could see more interviews like this.  I got to try out the 360 demo of FNR3 and it was awesome, so I'm looking forward to this version if I were to buy a copy at all.  

Discuss!

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »

The game has incredible graphics (whether thats in-game or not). More boxers. And the six axis tilt system.

Impressive, but this game is coming out almost a year after the 360 version, Of course its going to be better, why wouldn't it?

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »

Strange, I thought the guy said there wasn't gonna be any new boxers?

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 05:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Sep 5 2006, 12:16 AM) View Post

The game has incredible graphics (whether thats in-game or not). More boxers. And the six axis tilt system.

Impressive, but this game is coming out almost a year after the 360 version, Of course its going to be better, why wouldn't it?

Has anyone ever played a game where the controller is motion sensitive. It all sounds good on paper, but exactly how difficult would it be to control?

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 06:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Sep 5 2006, 12:37 PM) View Post

Has anyone ever played a game where the controller is motion sensitive. It all sounds good on paper, but exactly how difficult would it be to control?

It didn't look hard for the guy playing warhawk, and yeah it does sound great on paper.  No longer would you have to fight with the analog over which parry/dodge position as you could just tilt it for the right one and punch. The 1st person mode seems to really make this feature shine, as it makes it a lot easier to hit the right attack buttons at the right areas you want.

yourM0M

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »

well from what "Blank" said in the very last qoute in the interview i could careless about a re-release of a game 1 year later.....he states "We have big plans for the next version of the career mode and are already thinking about how to address these issues and do so much more"  so why would i want to purchase the same game when a new one will be out right after....fnr4 will probably be out months later

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kira Yamoto @ Sep 5 2006, 12:07 PM) View Post

It didn't look hard for the guy playing warhawk, and yeah it does sound great on paper.  No longer would you have to fight with the analog over which parry/dodge position as you could just tilt it for the right one and punch. The 1st person mode seems to really make this feature shine, as it makes it a lot easier to hit the right attack buttons at the right areas you want.

lol, you really need to take this test:

http://www.nerdtests...ake.php?id=1256

smile.gif

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(yourM0M @ Sep 5 2006, 03:20 PM) View Post

well from what "Blank" said in the very last qoute in the interview i could careless about a re-release of a game 1 year later.....he states "We have big plans for the next version of the career mode and are already thinking about how to address these issues and do so much more"  so why would i want to purchase the same game when a new one will be out right after....fnr4 will probably be out months later

Months? no. That's WAY too soon for a sequel.  That's definitely not industry practice.  And for 360 owners, no there isn't really a reason to own it.  But it's for people like me who's pretty interested but don't have the game whatsoever.

incognegro

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kira Yamoto @ Sep 5 2006, 05:15 PM) View Post

Months? no. That's WAY too soon for a sequel.  That's definitely not industry practice.  And for 360 owners, no there isn't really a reason to own it.  But it's for people like me who's pretty interested but don't have the game whatsoever.

Why dont you own the 360 version?

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Sep 5 2006, 06:37 AM) View Post

if you're a nerd like me, then you probably have at least once pretended that your 360 controller was motion censored. It throws you off and is very confusing. Its kinda hard to use both the joysticks and motion censor at the same time, its really disorienting.

Am I alone on this or what?

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 04:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Sep 5 2006, 09:21 PM) View Post

Why dont you own the 360 version?

I don't currently have a 360.  If I end up having the 360 before the PS3 (which is highly likely for this holiday) I still wouldn't buy it b/c the better version comes out by the time I get the 360.

if you're a nerd like me, then you probably have at least once pretended that your 360 controller was motion censored. It throws you off and is very confusing. Its kinda hard to use both the joysticks and motion censor at the same time, its really disorienting.

You only use 1 analog stick (for attack), or the face buttons depending on configuration.  The tilt sensor is designed for your dodges.  So for example, you tilt down/left to duck to your left, and then press the appropriate button for counter.  Very cool the way it sounds smile.gif I hope it works the way they described.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

Because why get the 360 version when you can pay $600 + $59 and get the ps3 version.  That is called sony logic; pay $200 more on a system to get the same game.

EDIT: the 1st person fighting view and the added detail does look good.

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Sep 6 2006, 12:11 AM) View Post

Because why get the 360 version when you can pay $600 + $59 and get the ps3 version.  That is called sony logic; pay $200 more on a system to get the same game.

EDIT: the 1st person fighting view and the added detail does look good.

No.  Because I just took a look at the launch games, and there's easily more than 3 games that I want to purchase for it.  When I buy a 360, I don't want to spend 60 on a game that will lack new features when the PS3 version's released.  I want to buy Oblivion, Dead Rising, and a few other titles that won't be popping up on the PS3.  That's called being smart.  Would you buy Devil May Cry 3 Original knowing that in a few months Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition would be out? Or swap that argument with MGS3 Subsistence that included an all new Online mode.

In my case, I bought those games at launch, so there was a lot of time in between before the rereleases came out.  I skipped on DMC3SE and got Subsistence b/c it deserved a second look.  In the case of FNR3, it's not worth it to buy a 360 version when by the time I get the 360, the PS3 version will come out.  FNR3 is the kind of game that I think isn't worth a second look.  So I am deciding to wait until the PS3 copy.  Besides, I can always rent in lieu of a purchase, and can evade a purchase on the PS3 altogether if I don't like what's on the 360 vers..

KAGE360

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 07:23:00 AM »

the game looks great and the new features sound really cool.  however im still waiting to see something that can not be done on the 360.  

the part of the interview that im guessing Kira was pointing to being "brutally honest" was the talk about the "power of the ps3" which really tells nothing.  just because they talk about the power of one system, it has no relation to the power of another system.  of course with the power of these next gen systems and the additional development time it will look better.  i am willing to put money that the next installment in the series will look nearly identical across both platforms just to prove my point.  also not to mention the fact that the 360 version had less then a year in development time vs. almost 2 years on the ps3 which equals a life time in game development.  

that makes 3 games to generally impress me on the ps3, keep racking up the numbers sony!

Kira Yamoto

• Archived User
Ps3 Fight Night Round 3
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »

no, that wasn't the part.