xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wiimote Takes Revenge  (Read 81 times)

EverestX

• Archived User
Wiimote Takes Revenge
« on: November 20, 2006, 03:50:00 AM »

http://forums.someth...hreadid=2183346
Guy buys a wii, Guy busts his 60 in' tv.  

Something I stumbled across in my search for wii homebrew news, apparently GCOS was  able to be loaded (@ DC Emu wii news page, although the pics aren't linked correctly so that is unconfirmed), GC Free Loader Works too!
On a side note, the Wii reboots when you eject a Cd similar to the Xbox, so I believe the only way that Gcos could boot backups would be through SDLoad, With a modded GC mem card for SD, but hey it's something.  This is someting I am unable to verify because I no longer have Pstar or the Ar disc. sad.gif  I knew I should have kept it after  I got my qoob pro.

Pikkon

• Archived User
Wiimote Takes Revenge
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 05:29:00 AM »

EverestX

• Archived User
Wiimote Takes Revenge
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(Pikkon @ Nov 20 2006, 06:36 AM) View Post

No the Picures of Gcos Boting on the wii. smile.gif Poor Guy, that looked like a pretty nice tv/

@ Atomix, If you have a Ar  disc can you try using it to launch a cheat on a game to see how it reacts to you ejecting the Ar cd and putting in a gamecube game?

omegajedi

• Archived User
Wiimote Takes Revenge
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »

Does the ActionReplay disc allow you to play import titles also or am I thinking of something else?

Col.Havoc

• Archived User
Wiimote Takes Revenge
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 04:52:00 PM »

So, does this mean that the Wii can play backup GC games or Wii games?

EverestX

• Archived User
Wiimote Takes Revenge
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »

Not as of current, well I should say not on disc. (to my knowledge.)  Apparently using SD load the GC emulators are working, No one has verified using SD load to load a real GC game, although I think it's rather possible, However, the Wii will not boot Backup Disc's, in GCOS when you have the option to boot backup, as soon as you try to load the backup the wii will reboot.  But that's not to say there will not be a new rev. of GCOS come out shortly that can fix the issue, but that is where  it stands as of today.