xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: How Many Dead Pixels Does Your Psp Have?  (Read 117 times)

Xombe

• Archived User
How Many Dead Pixels Does Your Psp Have?
« on: January 01, 2005, 04:59:00 AM »

So, I'm wondering.  I missed launch day and the second shipment, but I bought three PSPs from the Dec. 29th shipment and one from the Dec. 30th shipment.

Out of the first three, two have one dead pixel (always white) and the other has two.

From the Dec. 30th shipment, that unit had on bad pixel too.

So, for those of you who have them, how many bad pixels do you have, and if possible can you tell me which shipment yours came from?

I'm guessing one is to be expected, and even two ain't that bad, but I'm gonna get three or four more as soon as the next shipment arrives.

Also, I've had zero problems with bad analog pads.  Anybody else?

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 01:43:00 PM »

Ive got one from the first to ship
it has no bad pixels and the analog works great so far

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 07:12:00 PM »

Cool, thanks.

tNCecil

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

Mine has at least 1 dead, and 1 bad that seems to display some colors. My analog nub works fine

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 05:22:00 AM »

Thank you, too, tNCecil.

Do you know which of the three shipments it came from?  The fourth shipment is going to be annouced on the SCE homepage in a couple of days...

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »

Well I got my American version last night (@ 00:00:42 est, I might add) and right out of the box, 1 malfunctioning pixel, it will actually display colors,  red mostly, but not the right colors, very noticeable. I also noticed that my left trigger switch is WAY more sensitive than the right, alot easier to engage by accident.

xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »

1 or 2 sounds lucky compared to some of the other reported problems: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...scending&page=1

some people had upto 16 from what i've read so far  <_<

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

How do you tell which shipment?  Mine has one dead pixel.  It's not ouputting any light at all so you can only really see it when the screen is a bright light color.  And there is no way in the world you can spot it during gameplay or when watching video.  So overall I'm quite pleased.  Dead pixels was my main concern and since I have only one and it's barely noticable, I'm happy.

Haven't really used the analog pad yet.  I've been playing TM: Head On and have been using the digital pad.  I'll try it out here in a bit.  

My only gripe so far is the placement of the power adapter plug-in.  The cord tend to get in the way when holding the system.  I wish there had been some way to place the plug on the top edge in the middle... but I guess with the shoulder buttons, USB port, and the game loading slot there really wasn't any room.  Oh well.  It's only a minor gripe.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »

Here we go again! This happend with the sp and the gba. Oh and there way the dust problem. Look I know you have spend a lot of money on your new handheld consoles, but your not going to get it perfect. Believe me you will just waste a load of money to get the perfect console with no hardware defects. It happened to me.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(Thraxen @ Mar 25 2005, 06:55 AM)
How do you tell which shipment?

Well, if you not the date of my original post, I was clearly referring to the first Japanese shipments, almost four months ago.  At that time, it was really easy to know which shipment.

I was ordering and selling from the Sony Japan website, and am no longer interested in the issue (re: anything about the U.S. launch), though I appreciate your comments
QUOTE(Ozy @ Mar 25 2005, 06:56 AM)
Look I know you have spend a lot of money on your new handheld consoles, but your not going to get it perfect.

See above statement.  I was buying them when you could only get two every three or so weeks (and even then you needed two people at the PCs to get to orders), and was curious about the (then) immediate future.

They've been readily available in stores for quite some time now, and it sounds like you guys got it a lot worse than the original Japan launch did...

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »

I was ordering and selling from the Sony Japan website, and am no longer interested in the issue (re: anything about the U.S. launch), though I appreciate your comments

Ooops.  Didn't notice that somone had bumped an old thread.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »

smile.gif

tNCecil

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »

smile.gif

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »

sad.gif I exchanged it and the new one has 2, but thier in non noticable areas so I'm ok with it.

Nosf3ratu

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »

I got mine from the first American shipment, no dead or stuck pixels.
Pages: [1] 2 3