xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Google Adsense  (Read 86 times)

--DANNY--

• Archived User
Google Adsense
« on: October 27, 2006, 03:21:00 AM »

Danny

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Google Adsense
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »

well, it looks like the ads are working great for you

the placement of the ads on your website is pretty good. you could ad another at the bottom, but you already have other stuff there, and it would make it look like its driven too much by ads. I think its doing a great job where it is right now.

edit:
how many hits do you normally get per day on the site?

--DANNY--

• Archived User
Google Adsense
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »

Danny

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Google Adsense
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(--DANNY-- @ Oct 29 2006, 01:10 PM) View Post

The funny and kinda cool thing is that my website has only been up and mostly under construction for about 2 to 3 weeks.

You are breaking Google Adsense's Terms of Service then, because if you read it then you would know that your site must be complete and not under construction to sign up for Adsense.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Google Adsense
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Oct 30 2006, 09:53 AM) View Post

You are breaking Google Adsense's Terms of Service then, because if you read it then you would know that your site must be complete and not under construction to sign up for Adsense.

no, i don't think so. if you visit teh site, you can see that it is up. i think you will find that by 'under construction', they mean sites that just have one page with an 'under construction' banner on it

InfernO8

• Archived User
Google Adsense
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »

I plan on signing up for adsense tomorrow once I have my site set up. Ill let you know how I do. jester.gif

--DANNY--

• Archived User
Google Adsense
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Oct 29 2006, 02:53 PM) View Post
I have read it... I've read it 5 times over because I know they are hard asses when it comes to banning people for the smallest reasons, which is understandable.
My website wasn't under construction at the time of applying for and setting up AdSense with my website.
I said my website has been mostly under construction for 2 or 3 weeks... not entirely, I finished the website, and then applied for AdSense, otherwise they don't even consider you as a possible user of AdSense.

QUOTE(awal @ Oct 30 2006, 11:57 AM) View Post
I couldnt find the ads and then I remembered that I have adblock.
I dont like the color of your site though. Too bright
Ya, when I first set it up it took me a couple minutes to realize that the ads were working and I had Adblock enabled, lol
I only picked orange because that was what my first concept design of the layout was, and i just tweaked it and went with it from there. It is also because it stands out against all the other plain sites, I realize that the colors may make it seems more unprofessional, but many people think it's a fair balance.
I think I might stick with the opposite color of orange for other sites that are related to AhhSnapps.net such as AhhSnapps.com, the future home of our blog and all site related news such as weekly deals. Also our MySpace page.

QUOTE(InfernO8 @ Oct 30 2006, 03:27 PM) View Post
I plan on signing up for adsense tomorrow once I have my site set up. Ill let you know how I do. jester.gif
Hope your account does well...
A site that you may want to take a look at as it helped me out a lot is the  Google AdSense Help Group.
StatCounter.com is pretty cool! It has extremely detailed reports... even shows you every referring link from every visit. Another cool feature is a geographical map that shows wherre every visitor is, based on their IP address. I recommend signing up for a stat counter from there to track which pages are the most popular, the length of the visits of each user, where you are getting the most hits from, etc.

-Danny