xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gamecube Modding..  (Read 137 times)

disrockerdude

• Archived User
Gamecube Modding..
« on: August 26, 2007, 01:55:00 AM »

ok so i decided to buy the gamecube at gamestop for 40 bucks. pretty good. case was scratched and whatnot but it works perfect. i have some questions tho.

1.) where can i buy a gamebit cheap? i tried pens.. not working for me "/
2.) what kind of screw does the gamecube controller use? its different from the gamecube.
3.) does anyone know where in the motherboard i can get power for leds?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Gamecube Modding..
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 07:01:00 AM »

1. Try Ebay
2. it's 3mm tri-wing, be sure to use a normal tri wing screw driver and not a bit attached to a multi-tip driver as the multi tip drivers wont fit
3. Personally I'd grab power directly off of the PSU input. I'm not sure what the voltage is though.

disrockerdude

• Archived User
Gamecube Modding..
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 31 2007, 06:37 AM) View Post
1. Try Ebay
2. it's 3mm tri-wing, be sure to use a normal tri wing screw driver and not a bit attached to a multi-tip driver as the multi tip drivers wont fit
3. Personally I'd grab power directly off of the PSU input. I'm not sure what the voltage is though.

so i placed an order on play-asia for the bit. should be here in a couple of days. as for the gamecube controller tho, i used one of those high quality precision jewlers screwdrivers on the controller and it worked. haha so i replace the gamecube screws with torx (i had a few laying around. also i checked the psu input just like you said. its 12v, 39w.

as soon as i get the gamebit and start workin on this thing, i'll post some pics up.

edit: oh and i'll probably add a pulsevu 2 in there.. haha