xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Foley/rock Lose And Taker/mankind Best Match  (Read 84 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Foley/rock Lose And Taker/mankind Best Match
« on: March 21, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »

scorpionking77:
well that helps explain why wrestling been struggling. Thats gotta be hard for Vince to try to soothe so many egos and satisfy everybody. Goldberg wasnt a good wrestler at all. Like Hulk but Hulk had the personality and charisma. Sad though cause i thought brock was tight oh well that explains the ending for me. Cause i swear watching the trailers building up the match was more exciting i was disappointed. . Maybe Vince outta convince Sting to come back  Another set of questions. Why did the Rock and Mick Foley lose on WM that was a shocker and i didnt know the guys that won. Plus did yall agree on the vote that the match between Undertaker and Mankind was the best Wm match ever? I thoiught that match was off the hook. nothing has yet beat that match for me.

Rock and Foley losing isn't that much of a shock. Both were around on a short appearance contract.. and having them win would change nothing. However.. having Randy Orton add yet two more legends to his belt of wins.. only adds to what they are planning for Orton.

WWE is sweet on the kid.. chances are.. he's be back alone shortly and progresssing on his own.

Orton.. if he developes more of a personality.. will likley be a HUGE HEEL for the company down the road.

As for that Taker/ Mankind match..

It's my fav for alot of reasons.. some good.. some selfish.  Watching two talents.. both at points in their careers where injuries were nagging them.. and titles would likely not be coming their way much longer.. put on a long performance.. and pulled out one of the most exciting matches in the history of the company.

The sick bump Mankind took.. but intended and accidental ones.. were so over the top.. that you have to give them props.. even if you have no respect for the cage mage concept.

If it's not my favourite.. it is definitely top 3 of all time.

scorpionking77

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 05:54:00 AM »

whats your top 3?

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »

It's hard to say what matches are tops in my book.. there are so many.

I like some matches for their technical merits.. and other for their effects on the industry.

In no particular order..

The Hogan/Warrior WM6 Match.  I was in the 3rd row for it.. and it was incredible.. watching Hogan drop the belt.  At the time.. we thought we were watching the birth of the next Hogan of wrestling.. the Ultimate Warrior.

Turns Out.. Warrior hates the business.. and his ego could possibly have been bigger than Hogans.. without halfing half the personality or charisma that Hogan had.

The Shaun Michaels/ Bret HArt Iron MAn match. A classic.  2 guys.. who didn't like each others personalities, philosophies on the biz etc.. duking it out for 60+ minutes. A classic.

The 1-2-3 Kid vs Razor Ramon - I think this might have been an early RAW show.. what we saw was the 123 kid trying to gain respect.. as he not once, tiwce.. but 3 times got his ass kicked and pinned by razor.  In the End.. if memory serves.. Razor raises the kids arm or does something else showing respect.  It was an interesting twist to the classic SQUASH match.

For some real favs.. I'd likely have to go batck to oldschool RIC FLAIR and his matches with STING and RICKY STEAMBOAT.  One I remeber.. was a huge buildup.. where they hired illusionist Copperfield to choreograpgh a stunt where FLAIR as fakeDARK Sting was haunting STING.  Culminted in some sweet moments.

I'd need to dig up some VHS or BETA tapes of mine to dig up some true all time fav matches. Early SCAFFOLD matches.. early Road Warriors.. Early Rhodes.

Alot of great matches happened between 1980-1984 in most of the circuits back then.

It's really too hard to pick favs. so many were good for so many differnt reasons.

Some of my fav moments.. aren't even in the ring.

Jim Cornet's RAW segments.. where he ripped the industry (but moslty WCW) for 4 weeks in a row were priceless.  His SHOOT Interview on one of the wrestling Dirt Sheet sites also ranks right up there.

Actually.. as shoot interviews go.. on PIPER made last year.. or the year before.. it was 45 minutes to an hour I think.. was incredible.  He ripped on some of the morons writing the interent dirt sheets.  It was pricelss.  You can see how piper really felt.

It's a damn shame we never got a good PIPER/HOGAN one on one.  As a double reitrment match.. you could sell it by itself I believe.. despite their age.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »

smile.gif

Feeling Nostaglic for some of the old runs... smile.gif

soysauce

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Mar 22 2004, 10:27 PM)
Jake the Snake Roberts.. and some of his matches.. were incredible.  Jake was grwat.. because he never needed to win a match to reach the crowd.  He also had an incredible mind for the biz.

McMahon/JR have even stated if he could get past some personal issues in his life.. he could be writing programming for the WWE right now.

Last I heard.. he was in the UK with a promotion over there.. booking and sometimes wrestling.  Haven't heard squat about him in a long time.

hes been arrested(again)

scorpionking77

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 12:46:00 PM »

blink.gif  but a little underground to know a little but one match I could of swore i thought was WM but my friend said it wasnt was the Jimmy Fly Snooka and i cant remember who he was wrestling but it was a cage match and i mean that one to me i thought was up there but he said it wasnt a wrestle mania match. b ut damn it was hype for what i cld remember.  Snooka diving from the top of the cage like 4 times i think? if you enlighten me on who that was he was wrestling wld be good. Match seem like forever for what i remember but i do remember it being hyped.  But yeah my best friend just recently showed me some of Foley/funk matches and after i read foleys book made me give those two kats mad respect. C4 matches was to crazy to see.

but by the way what happen to reznor man i forgot about hm. all this changing noticing a lot of wrestlers disappering. herad Kevin nash quit due to injuries?? Did Hulk finally retire??

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »

Snake got arrested again? Damn.

For people wanting a glimpse into the snakes life.. check BEYOND THE MAT on DVD.

As for that snuka match.. that sounds like SNUKA/DON MUROCO in Madison Sq. Gardens in the early eighties.. apparenty. Mick Foley was in attendance.. and it served as his inspiration to become a wrestler himself.

I don't remeber him doing it 4 times from the top of the cage though.. but my memory is shot now.

It was definitely a classic.  Both just got inducted into the hall of fame I think.

scorpionking77

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

yep, i do remember it being in MSG, well im going to see about finding that match to see it again cause i remeber it being fun as hell to watch.  Poor Snake though i saw that beyond match and just sad what he did to himself.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »

dunno if you remember.. but Jake said..

"my father was dating this woman.. and he raped that womans 13 year old daughter.. she was my mother."

not hard to see why his family life was s screwed up.

His father replies...

"Jake was born out of love..."

Guess GRIZZLY there equate incest with love or something.

scorpionking77

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »

with that you will be screwed up.