xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wrestling Is Not Fake  (Read 168 times)

frozen lake

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« on: March 16, 2004, 01:34:00 AM »

few pointers on the Fake issue.....

1. Yes it is all planed out
2. Yes the injuries are real
3. Yes they are "stuntmen"

IF IT WAS NOT PLANED THERE WOULD BE DEATHS...........

Not convinced?  

1. Cheack some ECW footage.

I been a fan for 17 years or so, watched big daddy/giant haystacks....The british bull dog tag team....

Yes it has got to "story" orientated

Helios

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 02:57:00 AM »

I really don't like wrestling.... I think that the people who do professional have incredible athletic skill but it just doesn't entertain me... I prefer other fighting sports like Boxing and shit....

Colonel32

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 03:04:00 AM »

I agree helios I'm a MMA fanatic and take BJJ classes

frozen lake

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 03:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (Helios @ Mar 16 2004, 12:57 PM)
I really don't like wrestling.... I think that the people who do professional have incredible athletic skill but it just doesn't entertain me... I prefer other fighting sports like Boxing and shit....

i see your point 100%

Have you seen ECW?

If not thats quite brutal

Aunt_Jemima

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »

I think they use mirrors.

EvilWays

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (Arvarden @ Mar 16 2004, 02:25 PM)
BIG DADDY <-------- real wrestler not  planned out crap.

Stan "The Lariat" Hansen = STIFF wrestler (broke Bruno Sammartino's neck with a scoop slam though everyone thought it was from his Western Lariat (known in the WWE as the Clothesline From Hell), and broke the eye socket of Vader with a stray punch (got the vidclip of the match). He hits his Western Lariat so damn hard, that if you were supposed to kick out of a pin afterwards, most people couldn't. Indy wrestler "Living Legend" Larry Winters call it "That Fucking Lariat" and he usually never swears otherwise (he wrestles in the Philly area, though I haven't talked to him in years)).

user posted image

X2Gamer

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 08:51:00 PM »

It's planned,but you can so tell that some of those punchs and kicks are fake. If you notice that when ever someone lands a hit the camera angle changes. I watch it just for the storyline now a days since it doesn't look really most of the time or maybe after seven years I've outgrown it.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 10:42:00 PM »

I find that Wrestling for most people was most enjoyable... and I suppose "real" from ages 8-18.. after that.. it becomes too hard to sit their and enjoy the entertainment aspect.. and logical thinking step in...

" that would have killed him.."

" he shouldn't be able to get up.."

Those of use who can still enjoy it.. have found that if you looks at the technical aspects.. you can still enjoy the product.  Most of these guys are skilled athletes.. performing at times a series of choreogrpahed manuevers designed to entertiain.. while hopefully not injury themselves in the process. (They often do however)

I respect those in the industry.. who have dedicated themselves to perfecting their art.

Aunt_Jemima

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (death_driver_911 @ Apr 24 2004, 01:45 AM)
i like wrestling but there are deaths.

mr. perfect just died recently with too many sterroids.
own hart fell frickin like 90ft off a cable from the celing and landed on the ring post.

If by "too many steroids" you mean overdosing on cocaine, then yes you're right.

EvilWays

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (bx2a5z @ May 29 2004, 01:51 AM)
Just because people are hitting each other with (breakaway) chairs...

Breakaway chairs... laugh.gif Chairs that bend like hell are softened up beforehand then bent back into normal shape, but they still hurt like a motherfucker...

QUOTE (death_driver_911 @ Apr 24 2004, 01:45 AM)
i like wrestling but there are deaths.

Excluding drug related deaths and pro wrestlers, there have been only a few. Excluding Owen's death, the last death to occur during a match would be Plum Mariko's due to prior head injuries that she didn't take time off for, and as a result died after being hit in the head.

Wrestling may be predetermined beforehand, but injuries still occur. For example, Sid snapping the bones in his lower leg, and Eddie Guererro dislocating his elbow in his first WWE match (with Chris Benoit vs. the New Age Outlaws). Read the back of the Mick Foley shirt that lists all the injuries he's suffered as a result of some 16 years wrestling. Look at guys like Terry Funk (that fucker shouldn't even be walking!), Sabu (he had his left arm ripped open by barbed wire in a match against Terry Funk), Abdullah the Butcher (his head...), and some of the other older wrestlers...that's what may await some of these newer wrestlers.

Wrestling was coined as "sports entertainment" by Vince McMahon Jr. because several State Athletic Commissions wanted to regulate pro wrestling in a similar way as boxing and such...which, in my opinion, was a bad move on Vince's part. Just look at the steroid scandals and all of these injuries/deaths. Also, there is no union for the wrestlers...they are on their own as far as getting fair treatment from upper management. Plus, Vince will only compensate for injury treatments if they occur on the job...they're screwed otherwise. Who knows how many other big promotions run like that, and forget any compensation for injuries that occur in the ring for the indy feds...

Ultimately, it's just like any other business...they're out to make money, just like any sport.

deathx88

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »

yes it is planned but it is fake, watch the difference between backyard wrestling and pro wrestling

in pro its all acting, and by watching commericals i see stupid things on how someone partner traded on him, which it is all bullshit
backyard is planned out, but its real shit they do, throwing then on a table of tacs and breaking lights over there faces

but either way i would rather watch boxing or UFC where that shit IS real

EvilWays

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »

Backyard is nothing more than a bunch of wannabe's and never-will-be's...

deathx88

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2004, 06:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (EvilWays @ May 29 2004, 08:59 PM)
Backyard is nothing more than a bunch of wannabe's and never-will-be's...

yes, this is true but take a look on how much they beat the shit out of each other
those people are frigin stupid asses
ive seen times where theyve broken backs, legs, arms, and the times when there faces are so bloody you can't even see there skin

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

yes, this is true but take a look on how much they beat the shit out of each other

It must take true talent to staple a dollar bill to your 12 year old boyfriends head......screw technicality and showmanship.....oohh and that WWE is a multi billion dollar company that caters to millions of fans around the world. Not stupid kids trying to follow in Mick Foley's dumb (in some ways) footsteps..... 99% of these backyard wrestlers have the idea that if they continue "wrestling" in backyards that Vince McMahon is gonna stroll by and offer them a contract.

ive seen times where theyve broken backs, legs, arms, and the times when there faces are so bloody you can't even see there skin

That happens in the pros too.... look at Steve Austin, look at Owen Hart.....

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
Wrestling Is Not Fake
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2004, 11:57:00 AM »

Sorry, but wrestling is FAKE.

Well Mr. Wrestling expert. This will be probably the 1,000,000th time Ive said this (no you dont get a prize) and will be the last. If you would bother to listen to Vince McMahon or any of the wrestlers you would know that it isnt FAKE its SCRIPTED. The OUTCOMES are PREDETERMINED. Wrestlers DO get HURT. Now, if you spent more than 5 minutes watching it and gave it a chance you and all the other idiots who say its FAKE would take it for what it is and has almost always been advertised as, ENTERTAINMENT.

It is NOT real wrestling, fighting, and/or martial arts in any respect.

Wow. Look at this. I actually agree with something you said. Your right. Its not fighting or martial arts. Its something much more spectacular and entertaining.
Pages: [1] 2