xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wrestlemania 20 .. It All Begins Again.  (Read 157 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Wrestlemania 20 .. It All Begins Again.
« on: March 15, 2004, 12:39:00 AM »

World Title Match
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit

WWE Women's Title Match
Victoria vs. Molly Holly

World Tag Team Titles Match
Booker T & RVD vs. Jindrak & Cade vs. La Resistance vs. The Dudley Boyz OR Lance Storm & Val Venis

WWE Title Match
Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle

WWE US Title Match
The Big Show vs. John Cena

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
Cruiserweight Open

Evening Gown Match
Torrie Wilson & Sable vs. Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie

Special Guest Ref: Steve Austin
Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

WWE Tag Team Titles Match
Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi vs. The Basham Brothers vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team vs. The APA

The Rock & Mick Foley vs. Randy Orton, Batista, & Ric Flair

The Undertaker vs. Kane

Chris Jericho vs. Christian

If you saw it.. what are your feeling about it

Was it worth the money?

What were your favourite matches?

Do you think that this will re-vitalize the 2 main programs RAW and SMACKDOWN?

frozen lake

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »

wel i am in uk so it was a late night for me to watch it.

I was little dissapointed.  

Think my favourite event(which i have on DVD) was the royal rumble where HHH took on cactus jack in a street fight.  One of my favourite matches.

beerchug.gif

dssripper

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 06:09:00 AM »

Did you see Molly Holly get her head shaved? ACK!
I hope that paid her big time for that!

Dss

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

I haven't watched wrestling since the old ECW days but i checked out Wrestlemania this sunday...

I actually quite enjoyed it, seems to have really progressed in the speed and the complexity of the moves.

I was pretty impressed  laugh.gif  Nice looking women too, much better than the old days

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (Colonel32 @ Mar 16 2004, 12:55 AM)
I was pretty impressed  laugh.gif  Nice looking women too, much better than the old days

Miss Elizabeth and those legs  love.gif

muggs

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 09:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (frozen lake @ Mar 15 2004, 05:44 AM)
wel i am in uk so it was a late night for me to watch it.

I was little dissapointed.  

Think my favourite event(which i have on DVD) was the royal rumble where HHH took on cactus jack in a street fight.  One of my favourite matches.

beerchug.gif

I was there! Really could've done without seeing may youngs tits though. Met Linda MacMahon at WWF New York that night too really nice lady.

muggs

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

World Title Match
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit

WWE Women's Title Match
Victoria vs. Molly Holly

World Tag Team Titles Match
Booker T & RVD vs. Jindrak & Cade vs. La Resistance vs. The Dudley Boyz OR Lance Storm & Val Venis

WWE Title Match
Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle

WWE US Title Match
The Big Show vs. John Cena

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
Cruiserweight Open

Evening Gown Match
Torrie Wilson & Sable vs. Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie

Special Guest Ref: Steve Austin
Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

WWE Tag Team Titles Match
Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi vs. The Basham Brothers vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team vs. The APA

The Rock & Mick Foley vs. Randy Orton, Batista, & Ric Flair

The Undertaker vs. Kane

Chris Jericho vs. Christian

If you saw it.. what are your feeling about it

Was it worth the money?

What were your favourite matches?

Do you think that this will re-vitalize the 2 main programs RAW and SMACKDOWN?

Wow......I didnt realize the coolest member of these boards is a wrestling fan.....More props to ya man

I loved the crowd interaction during the match. The fans all knew that it was Goldberg and Lesnar's last match in WWE......thats a first.....

I loved Wrestlemania but there were some parts where a blind monkey could have written a better script. Like for instance the 2 minute dbocle that was the women's title match. These ladies are both legitamately great wrestlers. They could have gone 10 minutes perfectly. And im also so glad that Trish went heel because it would have tarnished Y2J's character forever if he softened up and started being all lovey dovey to Trish. The Undertaker match was killer. I knew it wouldnt last long and that Undertaker would win but his entrance was sweet and the match wasnt half bad. Is it just me or did they combine undertaker's images to create the new one?? He's like the Dead badass or something. I also have to give props to Benoit for winning the title. I thought they were gonna give it to him at Backlash in his hometown but doing it at Wrestlemania and having HHH tap out was killer.

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

I only caught the last few matches at my friend's house (had to work most of the time)...and out of the matches I saw, I think Booger Red vs. the Big Red Retard was waaaaaay too short. Booger Red's entrance was almost as long as the match.

I will say this though, Tito on lordsofpain.net was bashing an otherwise decent event. Eddie vs. Angle was very good, as it was technical wrestler vs. technical wrestler with the "cheat" win by Eddie (which I loved) ph34r.gif

Also, the HBK/Benoit/Cripple H match was good...but only because of the efforts of HBK and Benoit.

Aunt_Jemima

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »

It was the first show I'd seen in several months. It reminded me why I stopped watching. What a waste of time.

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »

Cripple H

WTF does that mean??? and why the fuck is there so much hate for HHH??? He's one of the greatest heel's in the business and he's probably best on the mic. Not to mention his excellent wrestling ability second only to Ric Flair. I am so sicka nd fuckin tired of everyone bashing on HHH and Evolution.......

Sorry........i was just in a fit of rage and had to get that out.

Stupid Faboys.....

Aunt_Jemima

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 07:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (thegame_evolution @ Mar 18 2004, 04:58 AM)
Cripple H

WTF does that mean??? and why the fuck is there so much hate for HHH??? He's one of the greatest heel's in the business and he's probably best on the mic. Not to mention his excellent wrestling ability second only to Ric Flair. I am so sicka nd fuckin tired of everyone bashing on HHH and Evolution.......

Stupid Faboys.....

MARK!

Mast3r Ch13f

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 08:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (thegame_evolution @ Mar 17 2004, 11:58 PM)
Cripple H

Stupid Faboys.....

I hate HHH for 1 reason, his matches have become boring and predictable.  He is definitely not one of the greatest.

The Eddie G. and Angle match, stole the show.  The ending of that match was classic muhaha.gif .

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (Funeral4afriend @ Mar 16 2004, 12:12 AM)
Anyone else find the goldberg/brock match freakin weak ,and boring?

its cuz it was both of their last matches, the writers had them make it boring so no one woul dbe sorry to see them go

and the cruiserweight open kicked ass, luchadores rule

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »

The Hate for Triple HHH is well earned.

Triple HHH accomplished the impossible.. he got his revenge on the wrestling industry for being buried for a year back when Kevin Nash and Scott Hall left.. on on their last night of wrestling in NY.. (if I recall) Hunter and HBK broke with their gimmick and said goodbye to scott and Kev on the last night.  

HBK was their current money making machine.. so there was no way he was going to get punished.. however.. HHH was pushed back down the ladder and starting jobbing to talent he beat 16 months earlier. That last on and off for a year+

Once things cooled off.. and DX was formed.. and later HBK left.. HHH became the center.  HHH cemented his revenge.. by dating.. and eventually marrying the owners daughter.

Now.. on top of his inflated ego.. he now has indirect (direct?) control over at least one of the 2 prime time shows.

He's used this to maintain his spot.. despite better talent coming in.  He's alos used it to squash just about all the talent on his.show.  These days.. he one of 3 wrestlers allowed in on the story meetings.. which means he is now pulling strings directly with the writers.. and the story arc of other wrestlers.

Many feel he is using this to keep talent down. (ala the control the WCW old talent had in the Late 80's 90)

now.. that is not to say to say that HH is not an incredible performer.  However.. with no charisma.. and 3 moves.. and a sledgehammer.. he's managed to be champ most of the last 3 years.. and managed to monopolize the on air time.

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »

but can you honestly name someone (other than HBK) that has all the qualities of HHH (the mic skills, the wrestling skills (look back to 1999-2000) and can get teh crowd involved as much) that is around now???

And i guess I agree with why people hate him. I just hate stupid fanboys that only cheer for someone cause theyre a face and only boo someone cause theyre a heel. Theres more to it people. When I decide who I like i look at the whole spectrum. I admit it. I like HBK (until recently), I like RVD, I like Eddie G. but not because Vince McMahon or Stephanie or HHH tell me to. Its because I think theyre great at everything they do.
Pages: [1] 2