xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Backyard Wrestling  (Read 174 times)

frozen lake

• Archived User
Backyard Wrestling
« on: March 15, 2004, 01:19:00 AM »

i got loads of this footage, funny shit

thegame_evolution

• Archived User
Backyard Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

I think its the stupidest shit in the world. And all these stupid videos and shit are just promoting it more. I dont want to see some 12 year old staple a dollar bill to another kid's forehead.....and the sad part is that these fuckers think this shit will get them in WWE........Fat fuckin chance......they'll end up in CZW or something.......and good riddance to them.

EvilWays

• Archived User
Backyard Wrestling
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (bagel5009 @ Apr 12 2003, 02:33 AM)
i wanna play the game though

That game blows goats...I have proof. dry.gif It isn't even worth someone paying me to take it off their hands, it's that bad.

- Lack of depth in everything
- Maybe 40 moves total
- Ass-tacular control system

And while I'm on a rant, why the fuck does everyone associate backyard wrestling with dipshits with florescent lightbulbs, glass, barbed wire and shit? I was in a backyard fed years ago (during high school) and I did a barbed wire match only once...and all that happened is one of my favorite shirts (Gen13 #1 Lin-Gen-rie cover white t-shirt) got ripped up. We never really did anything extreme otherwise. Not all backyard feds are like those...

Oh, and fuck CZW! I was at their "arena" (more like a farm style garage) one night when I was briefly living in Philly, and while my friend (wrestled under tha name Brickwall Bradley and briefly as Kris Krude) and I were chatting with some of the guys, some of the CZW wrestlers were just plain dumbshits and those guys lost my respect. Out of those guys, only one appologized to us. My impression is that most of the CZW wrestlers are arrogant, ignorant and pathetic. I'm suprised they're still running...I heard they were closing a while back due to money probs.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Backyard Wrestling
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

Last Summer.. 2 local BAckyard Wrestling outfits were charged and fined for putting on Backyard Wrestling shows.

They can be pretty gruesome.  Most of these kids don't have a chance in hell of getting on the indie circuit.. much less a pro wrestling shot.

But I have to admit.. I do watch them when I can.. and when there isn't something local happening.. I'll find some matches and download them.

It's definitely the lowest common denominator.  But I do find parts of it entertaining.  Some of the stunt they will attempt.. are up there with CKY and JACKASS.

(only some though..)

Aunt_Jemima

• Archived User
Backyard Wrestling
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (plehem12 @ Apr 12 2003, 03:03 AM)
A couple years back I almost joined a backyard fed. Really F'n hardcore too. I pussied out though. Just heard to many bad stories, ya know? wink.gif  Still fun to watch though!

Heh. It's funny because it was made up.

EvilWays

• Archived User
Backyard Wrestling
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 08:28:00 PM »

dry.gif

And for all of you who are thinking of getting into a backyard fed, or are already in one...think! Because I was in one for about 4-5 years, and even only wrestling one saturday a month, my knees, elbows and such payed for it and now become sore more than they should be (and pop (painfully) like cracking knuckles). If you do backyard wrestle, take it easy and don't do the dangerous shit. Do get knee and elbow pads. Do wear athletic tape on the wrists and ankles. Do think before you do something stupid. Be safe if you are going to do this shit...

death_driver_911

• Archived User
Backyard Wrestling
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 04:48:00 PM »

lol. i watch backyard wrestling and me and my bro do it one and a while (im 13 he's 9) except we dont jump off our roofs and light tables on fire. we also do not use bottles and lights. we use wood! hehehe o and the trampoline. works awsome

dssripper

• Archived User
Backyard Wrestling
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2003, 05:30:00 PM »

Anybody else watch those crazy little bastards
beat the shit out of each other?

Anybody here put on backyard wrestling matches?

bagel5009

• Archived User
Backyard Wrestling
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2003, 05:33:00 PM »

i wanna play the game though

plehem12

• Archived User
Backyard Wrestling
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »

wink.gif  Still fun to watch though!

XxxTHEILLONExxX

• Archived User
Backyard Wrestling
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2003, 06:26:00 PM »

yea some years back a frined of mine and his bro was in a backyard fed. and it was crazy the kid got thrown threw panes og glass pwer bombed over the ropes on glass table burning table, burning table with glass, off the turnbuckle or whaeve that thing is int he corner when they stand on it and off that  in to a burning table, ladders, so many weird shit its stupid he quit soon after though

plehem12

• Archived User
Backyard Wrestling
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2003, 06:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (XxxTHEILLONExxX @ Apr 11 2003, 05:26 PM)
yea some years back a frined of mine and his bro was in a backyard fed. and it was crazy the kid got thrown threw panes og glass pwer bombed over the ropes on glass table burning table, burning table with glass, off the turnbuckle or whaeve that thing is int he corner when they stand on it and off that  in to a burning table, ladders, so many weird shit its stupid he quit soon after though

Ouch. wink.gif  I would NEVER want to put myself through that kind of pain, especially not for free.

dssripper

• Archived User
Backyard Wrestling
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2003, 06:34:00 PM »

biggrin.gif