xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Suicidal Massacre  (Read 170 times)

gronned

• Archived User
Suicidal Massacre
« on: December 10, 2007, 03:11:00 AM »

Is it the new thing in the states to massacre everyone if you're suicidal?

I find this really disturbing, but I'm afraid it's become an almost irreversible problem, because media has to report the incidents, yet the reports themselves spur others into doing the same.

And I suppose USA will have a much harder time doing anything about it as well since it's become a part of your culture now, and because you have too many guns in your country. The problem with guns is unfortunately really hard to solve though, if there's even a will to solve it.

I'm just afraid it'll come to my country too, since it came to Finland a while ago.

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
Suicidal Massacre
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 04:07:00 AM »

this is what i hate about foreigners and the u.s. they like to group the entire population into one group. oh a few (and yes i mean few) people (out of how many in the u.s?) decided to go on a rampage. theres nothing anyone could've done about it. dont group everything into the group like youre doing. not everyone is out shooting up their neighborhood/mall/school.

why is it everyone outside the u.s groups everyone together and marks them all the same?
"oh president is retarded and decided to go on a killing spree, that means everyone in the u.s thinks the same as him."
guess what, we dont. as a matter of fact, alot of people want to impeach him.

don't act like its part of a culture, like its a norm. something thats part of the culture is football and hot dogs. murder and massacres arent.
how would you like it if i started to say crap about your country and lump every person that lives in its border into one group? would you like that?

dont talk like you know everything that goes on here. you dont grr.gif

crackfeen

• Archived User
Suicidal Massacre
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(o The Drizzle o @ Dec 10 2007, 06:43 AM) View Post

this is what i hate about foreigners and the u.s. they like to group the entire population into one group. oh a few (and yes i mean few) people (out of how many in the u.s?) decided to go on a rampage. theres nothing anyone could've done about it. dont group everything into the group like youre doing. not everyone is out shooting up their neighborhood/mall/school.

why is it everyone outside the u.s groups everyone together and marks them all the same?
"oh president is retarded and decided to go on a killing spree, that means everyone in the u.s thinks the same as him."
guess what, we dont. as a matter of fact, alot of people want to impeach him.

don't act like its part of a culture, like its a norm. something thats part of the culture is football and hot dogs. murder and massacres arent.
how would you like it if i started to say crap about your country and lump every person that lives in its border into one group? would you like that?

dont talk like you know everything that goes on here. you dont grr.gif

whoa... cool it there jets
he's not lumping anyone together... reread his statement... you honestly haven't noticed that in the past few months there have been half a dozen murder suicides in public places?
problem is those people aren't necessarily suicidal... they're more than likely just taking the easy way out rather than facing consequences... you go on a spree and murder a buncha people... that's life in jail
as far as gun control... come on... you know that you can get weapons anywhere in the world if you're so inclined... there will always be a black market and there will always be a way to get it.
drizzle is right though.. it's not exactly on the same level as hot dogs and baseball... as far as being in our culture, that's like saying that every muslim person will suicide bomb a bus because it's in their culture. It's just not a fair assessment

gronned

• Archived User
Suicidal Massacre
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »

Yeah, to say the least I didn't blame every american. I've personally met several americans when I've been travelling and I've found them more friendly than most actually.

When I say it's in your culture I don't mean every american goes out killing, I'm only saying the incidents have become part of you in the sense that they'll happen again only due to the fact they've happened before. It's not a coincidence they've happened a lot more after Columbine (it happened several times before Columbine but it wasn't a pattern).

crackfeen: Sure, as I mentioned, it would be really hard to solve the question of guns. I do actually believe it would happen less often if guns weren't that easy to get, but it's too late now in the states. People will still have guns, even if everyone would be forced to hand them in there would be heaps left(which would be a bad solution anyway).

I'm sure it'll happen in my country too soon, definitely because of these reports(in combination with the mental illness, of course). We have a good gun control over here, which may be one of the reasons it hasn't happened yet, but I'm also sure a good gun control can stop all these incidents.

If I'd go nuts I could easily get hold of a small arsenal of heavy guns, because my dad is a hunter and the key probably won't be hard to find, if I want to. Fortunately I'm not mad, and I don't really like guns =)

I'm not playing the blame game here on guns, I just wanted to debate these incidents and why they happen.

Edit: I don't blame americans for much at all really(your government however), but I definitely blame more than 50%  for re-electing Bush.

WetPamper

• Archived User
Suicidal Massacre
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(gronned @ Dec 10 2007, 02:17 PM) View Post

Is it the new thing in the states to massacre everyone if you're suicidal?

I find this really disturbing, but I'm afraid it's become an almost irreversible problem, because media has to report the incidents, yet the reports themselves spur others into doing the same.

And I suppose USA will have a much harder time doing anything about it as well since it's become a part of your culture now, and because you have too many guns in your country. The problem with guns is unfortunately really hard to solve though, if there's even a will to solve it.

I'm just afraid it'll come to my country too, since it came to Finland a while ago.

I first thought it may have been Taliban, then I had a second thought.

Second thought turned out to be correct.

Violence only begets more violence.