xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Invading Baghdad Would Create Quagmire  (Read 116 times)

Vfreitas

• Archived User
Invading Baghdad Would Create Quagmire
« on: August 14, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »

Take it as you want it, I'm not going to create some big debate. Just thought I'd throw it out there for people to see.

Times change, opinions change, but it still rather amusing.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 11:27:00 AM »

Times didn't change and Cheney was right. Look what is happening, it is a quagmire.

However, he was working for a different Bush at the time. That Bush was a Republican, this Bush is a Neo-Con. Like every other Neo-Con, he is looking out for his best interest.

I don't understand why they are called conservatives either, they are always pounding on the war drum. Now, war expansion into Iran is imminent.

Damn Dems won't/can't do anything about it either.

Both parties deserve to be dismembered. Neither look out for the best interest of the U.S.A. Let alone, what is morally right.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »

It does remind me of the movie Shooter where Bob Lee got coersed to do follow what he thinks as the patriot thing to do instead he got burnt.  This fascist administration believes that there's an evil that we have to get rid of while he ignored the problems that we have at home.

The plain incompetence of this administration would otherwise attract young leaders who aspire to do great things, now attract fatcats waiting for a handout.  You recall that people protested over the government during the 1960's compared to today's misguided war?  Let's hope that the next president can bring some faith back to the government that Bush has taken away for the last 6.5 years.

Eksyte

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »

I have to disagree about this administration being incompetent. They knew exactly how this was going to pan out, even before we invaded Iraq. They went to great lengths to "justify" the invasion to keep the stranglehold they had on the American population for the 2004 elections, too.

Misuse of power and resources? Definately. There are some very smart/savvy people in Bush's corner, tho.

throwingks is right - our government/society needs a reset button. Politicians on both sides aren't looking out for the American people, but ways to gain power and to fatten their wallets. The fact that there are still average citizens who fully support him shows how far gone we are, too.

coldasice

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »

Yeah, he was right. And our govt does need a reset button, big time. I have a feeling this upcoming election we will have have a higher turnout of voters as opposed to the last few years. Especially the younger demographic. I'm not going to sit here and rip on Bush. He does a good enough job looking stupid on his own. I think that through all of this stuff that happened hopefuly the American public will start to take a larger interest in politics and make sure that things are actually getting done for the country, not for special intrest groups.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Eksyte @ Aug 16 2007, 05:04 PM) View Post

I have to disagree about this administration being incompetent. They knew exactly how this was going to pan out, even before we invaded Iraq. They went to great lengths to "justify" the invasion to keep the stranglehold they had on the American population for the 2004 elections, too.

Misuse of power and resources? Definately. There are some very smart/savvy people in Bush's corner, tho.

throwingks is right - our government/society needs a reset button. Politicians on both sides aren't looking out for the American people, but ways to gain power and to fatten their wallets. The fact that there are still average citizens who fully support him shows how far gone we are, too.

I would say that the Bush Administration is plain incompetent.  Bush just didn't listened to the commanders when it comes to Iraq and Afghanistan.  Bush could've easily convienced the Americans for a draft and we could've put enough troops to stabilize Iraq and Afghanistan.  If Bush was able to succeed in Iraq, he wouldn't have that much detractors as we have today and the next president would easily be Republican.