xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Court Case a Warning to Pirates  (Read 666 times)

Steve-0

• Archived User
Court Case a Warning to Pirates
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(lukero1977 @ May 3 2007, 09:00 PM) View Post

Thius bloke was a good friend of mine and has been totally screwed over, whilst i don't condone this activity he is just a family man, Nick is well upset at this. He now has to sell his house, when really the people who should be caught are the suppliers. He brought all his masters from someone else who the way it is going will not be caught. To send out this message is like arresting small fry drug dealers and not suppliers. Flame me all you like but he is a good man

i feel for the guy honestly, i too have a wife and 2 young kids and i would rob rape and pillage for them if i had to.
To have to sell his house is affecting his family which is not right. my suggestion to you would be to offer support by finding this supplier and telling the cops.

UB6_IB9

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Steve-0 @ May 3 2007, 02:06 PM) View Post

i think that only applies if YOU made the backup of YOUR game and you cant sell a backup, the moment that you accept ANYTHING for a backup its profiting and IS piracy!, if that was the case as stated unless he made you produce a retail copy with a recipt to prove it was yours and not some random persons that you borrowed and gave you the disc FREE then it would still be piracy because he would be reproducing somebody elses word and distributing it, and taking your word of mouth as proof of ownership which would hold no legal binding.

Well the disclaimer I wrote was just off the top of my heap and I'm sure someone could make up a more legal one to make it legal but still it might be different if you aren't allowed to own any backup copies at all though. If you say in the disclaimer that the person accepts responsibility for buying this game and also by buying the backup they are saying that they own the game then its the buyers fault since they accepted all these thing by buying the backup. Even if the buyer was lying it is there own fault and it would be just the same as if someone showed a fake ID to buy alcohol, the person in the shop wouldn't get in trouble since the person buying the alcohol was the one lying and committing fraud, the same way as the seller would get away with it. BTW I'm not a lawyer or anything but its just common sense of the laws, but as I said all of what I said wouldn't matter if the law says you aren't allowed to burn your own backup anyway.

QUOTE(ThaJuggla @ May 3 2007, 08:21 PM) View Post

Umm... I dont post much in these forums... so a ban really wouldnt hurt me that much. At that, why would they ban me?  Just because one sissy cries about something doesnt mean anyone should do anything about it.  If I offended you by the story I told, you shouldve stopped looking at this topic.  

Incriminating myself for what?  After I read what you wrote, i took a couple minutes to think about what youve said.  Ive come to this conclusion...

I do not care if people pirate.
Everyone I know has backups of movies that they do not own the legal version.
Ever record something with a VCR?  Yup, youre really not allowed to do that either.

This guy got too much punishment for his crime... bottom line.  Does this story scare me into being a perfect law abiding citizen?  No... thank you have a nice day

haha I totally agree with everything you have said mate. People just like to bitch about things that I would bet that they do themselves. I would put money on that more than 90% of people in this discussion own a burnt game or dvd or music cd or mp3's that they didn't purchase. If you want to speed at 5am in the morning I don't think you should be worried about little kiddies either. I was caught doing 150km/h in a 110km/h zone on a freeway so does that mean it was unsafe and I should have been watching out for kiddies? I dont think so lol.

UB6_IB9

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(pr90 @ May 4 2007, 03:51 AM) View Post

i get tick off when i hear soem 1 buy boot leg movies im like why you buy when you can download for free

thear reply takes to long to down  realy piss me off and i bet the download a lot beter than those crapy cam boot legs

lol I think you need to construct your sentences better so people can understand what you're saying. Nothing to do with your abbreviating (coz every1 does that) just that you need to learn how to spell and use full stops lol. Get firefox because it has a built in spell check biggrin.gif

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2007, 10:55:00 PM »

^Firefox ftw!

pr90's argument is just plain funny, whew that got me laughing good.  He just completely disregards whether it is legal or not, all that matters is you steal a high-quality copy tongue.gif

I'm not trying to make fun of you or anything, it was just funny biggrin.gif

DrPepperFan15

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2007, 01:51:00 AM »

Stealing is stealing... thats all there is to it. No if's ,ands or buts about it. You downloaded it, youre responsible for what can and will happen to you when you get caught with it.

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2007, 02:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(UB6_IB9 @ May 4 2007, 03:15 AM) View Post

haha I totally agree with everything you have said mate. People just like to bitch about things that I would bet that they do themselves. I would put money on that more than 90% of people in this discussion own a burnt game or dvd or music cd or mp3's that they didn't purchase. If you want to speed at 5am in the morning I don't think you should be worried about little kiddies either. I was caught doing 150km/h in a 110km/h zone on a freeway so does that mean it was unsafe and I should have been watching out for kiddies? I dont think so lol.

Holy s**t how many more times? I USED MY KID AS AN EXAMPLE (BEFORE I KNEW WHAT TIME HE WAS DRIVING). ANYONE COULD HAVE BEEN OUT AT THAT TIME. I can't be any clearer than that.

I don't own illegal copies and NO I DON'T SPEED IN MY CAR!!!! I think people who speed are scum and are putting lives at risk no matter when they do it.

Doing 150km/h in a 110 zone is NOT going double the speed limit is it? Had you have been doing 210km/h i'm sure you'd have killed someone.

Doing 60 in a 30 zone in the U.K is an instant 1 year driving ban.

What really gets me is when people don't admit when they've done something wrong. DOING 60 ON A 30 ROAD IS DANGEROUS AND NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF. Trust me, im not perfect but at least i'll hold up my hands when i've done something wrong and say sorry.

You say you believe 90% of the people here have illegal copies, but that is irrelevent because they don't go advertising it like ThaJuggla did. HE DESERVES A BAN. PIRACY IS NOT TOLERATED HERE.

Steve-0

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2007, 03:04:00 AM »

Even if the buyer was lying it is there own fault and it would be just the same as if someone showed a fake ID to buy alcohol, the person in the shop wouldn't get in trouble since the person buying the alcohol was the one lying and committing fraud, the same way as the seller would get away with it.

NOPE!
the person using the fake id would get charged for fraud, and the shop owner would get charged for selling alcohol to a minor plus a £2000 fine and will loose their liquor licence , im not being fecasious my mother-in-law used to own 2 off licences and i used to work in a bar.

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2007, 04:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(ThaJuggla @ May 4 2007, 11:30 AM) View Post

Ok first man, you cant keep saying you only used your kid as an example, cause after I told you what time i was speeding, you still said something about me speeding in the dark and how someone can walk on the road when they want.

DOING 60 ON A 30 ROAD IS DANGEROUS AND NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF.  Who said I was proud?  I am guessing you assumed that?  Well, I am not proud of it... but I sure as hell am not sad about it.  I could care less.  Everyone speeds at some point or another.  You cannot tell me that youve never gone above the speed limit EVER.  I mean listen man,  to be honest, you sound like a bitch.  You keep whining and whining about how I need a ban.  PIRACY might not be tolerated here... so you need to ask them to shut down the parts of the forum talking about emulators.  Im guessing you already have at some point in your life here at the forum.  

I mean do you honestly have any friends?  You sound like youd be really annoying and stuck up lol... the kid who got beat up in school for telling on everyone who did anything wrong.  Second, I was telling a story . i wasnt saying , HEY LOOK I GOT BURNED MOVIES, it was a story that happend to me.  Shut the hell up with the whole ban thing... like I told you before, what exactly would that do?  No one else seems to be offended like you, so go blow a goat.  I mean... how stupid can you be... I could always make another email, make another name and come back right?  SO shut the hell up Mr. Estrogen.

How stupid are you exactly? If you actually took the time to read over my previous posts you would see that i know the road is for cars only, as anyone with half a brain would. I will say it one more time in bold big letters so you can understand... WHAT WAS TO STOP YOU LOOSING CONTROL OF YOUR CAR AND KILLING A PEDESTRIAN ON THE SIDEWALK? THE FACT I USED MY CHILD IS NOW IRRELEVENT, I AM TALKING ABOUT ADULTS NOW. Yes the road/sidewalk may have seemed empty because of the time of day but how could you be 100% sure traveling 60mph was safe. Unless you had your cop bum chum corden off the road for you so you could speed, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Sure i speed sometimes, if you call 35 in a 30 zone dangerous then i'm as bad as you.

OK, you may not be proud but you certainly have no remorse and think what you did was o.k, then you got smug and said your cop boyfriend let you go.

I have plenty of friends thanks. All would think you were a complete moron.

You are a pirate, no doubt in my mind. It doesn't matter if no-one agrees with me.

Why don't you and your loving life partner Officer Bent go take some lessons in morality. Your whole attitude stinks my friend. Just re-read your first post, it makes you look like a bragging idiot.

Steve-0

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2007, 05:09:00 AM »

nearly EVERYONE has or will at some point done or been involved in something against the law, the chances of there being a squeaky clean human being are as minute as me giving birth to a shark with knees.

this whole "my kid" "speeding" thing has gone waaaaaaaay off topic, it deserves a thread all of its own.

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2007, 05:14:00 AM »

They say a picture paints a thousand words. Here's your life.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Steve-0

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2007, 05:19:00 AM »

now im not bashing anyone here cause each to their own and all but, why do you both keep fueling this????
the original topic was about some poor guy who lost his home and possibly family over something that happens every day in much worse ways, and its been turned into this WTF?

READ THE SECOND POST

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2007, 05:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Steve-0 @ May 4 2007, 12:45 PM) View Post

this whole "my kid" "speeding" thing has gone waaaaaaaay off topic, it deserves a thread all of its own.

Done. Thanks man.

DrPepperFan15

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2007, 06:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(ThaJuggla @ May 4 2007, 06:16 AM) View Post

Simply put... I told a story, your crotch bled a little, I replied, now its bleeding alot.  http://www.tampax.com/

check it out.

That might just be my signature because that is some funny shit

Also isnt this a piracy topic? Not a speeding and women's health topic... stay on track dammit. I almost feel as if I walked into a Springer moment "Oh no you didnt" where as it was once piracy then the oh no u didnt happened and all of a sudden it's an entirely new thing.. or via the springer show

*Chair gets thrown*

ThaJuggla

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2007, 06:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(DrPepperFan15 @ May 4 2007, 08:46 AM) View Post

That might just be my signature because that is some funny shit

Also isnt this a piracy topic? Not a speeding and women's health topic... stay on track dammit. I almost feel as if I walked into a Springer moment "Oh no you didnt" where as it was once piracy then the oh no u didnt happened and all of a sudden it's an entirely new thing.. or via the springer show
*Chair gets thrown*

lol i know what ya mean... i told a story and then alla sudden BAM... lol anyways, go ahead use it as your sig, id be honored... you quote pirate  laugh.gif

*takes off shirt and shows crowd my jelly rolls* JERRY, SHE WANTS TO MARRY A HORSE! THIS IS SICK JERRY!  BRING OUT MY GOAT BETTY... BABY... I HAD YOU SINCE YOU WAS BORN... I LOVE YOOOOU, WILL YOU MARRY ME??

Goat:  Bahhhhhhh.....

Steve-0

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2007, 07:13:00 AM »

FINAL THOUGHTS

weather it's copying other peoples stuff, breaking the speed limit, associating with corrupt members of the law.
 it's all wrong! but jerry still loves you.

daaaa, da da, daa daa, da, da da,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5