xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Court Case a Warning to Pirates  (Read 666 times)

Steve-0

• Archived User
Court Case a Warning to Pirates
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2007, 06:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(UB6_IB9 @ May 3 2007, 12:57 PM) View Post

Haha yeah i reckon he could have got out of most of the charges if he didn't plead guilty. If he made a proper disclaimer to put on the lists of games that he sells just saying something like, "By purchasing a BACKUP game you are agreeing that you already own the game and will be using it for BACKUP purposes only and you are also agreeing that I (the seller) am only providing a service for you", they wouldn't be able to put anything on him since the buyer takes all the responsibility. I would like to see the 17 offences they charged him for, does anyone know?

i think that only applies if YOU made the backup of YOUR game and you cant sell a backup, the moment that you accept ANYTHING for a backup its profiting and IS piracy!, if that was the case as stated unless he made you produce a retail copy with a recipt to prove it was yours and not some random persons that you borrowed and gave you the disc FREE then it would still be piracy because he would be reproducing somebody elses word and distributing it, and taking your word of mouth as proof of ownership which would hold no legal binding.

Here in the uk it's different i spoke to someone about this a while ago, i used to go to a lot of lan parties and they were always in the same houses so i had the idea of backing up my copy's of xxxx2 and farcry so i could leave the original safely at home and keep a bag with a pad, spare plug, av lead, network cable and a copy of the 2 games at the houses so all i needed to bring was my xbox. A couple of my friends work at game and gamestation, now one of them is a manager and he said in the uk even if you own the game you are not legally allowed to "reproduce" it even for a backup purpose.

And also lets say M$ for eg took out the law suit, if you had 100 copy's of say kameo and the fine was £10,000 that fine would be for EACH copy you are in possession of not a grand figure.

Calling 16 dvd's a time an "operation" is laughable for me to make 16 copys of the same thing would take no longer then 15 mins, 16,000 dvd's each burn would be more beleiveable for him to make the £75,000 that he did only doing 16 at a time they must have been on platinum discs or something, or had the answer to the ultimate question printed on them,

When somebody here makes a game/movie/song and it starts getting copyed and YOU start loosing revenue then try and find loopholes to make copying other peoples stuff for your own personal gain OK!

sorry for the double post i missed the edit time and after reading what i posted i realized i left half of it out, im such a n00b

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2007, 06:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(mlapaglia @ May 2 2007, 05:56 PM) View Post

cocaine comes from a plant haha.

but cocaine there is more to it, unlike pot, u smoke it right off the plant cocaine needs "additives"

this guy got exactly what he deserved. Anyone else gets cought they deserve it. Punishments should gradually get more and more severe. First one is made an example of, the rest of the world knew what he did. You still go out and sell pirated software, u get more time in prison then the previouse sine you know they made an example out of the first guy, and so on. fuc* you if you try to make money off piracy.

DeMoN_DARREN

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 06:48:00 AM »

I fucking hate pirates like that.  They sell of crap copies of things that they shouldn't to make an easy living of someone elses back.  They can fuck right off

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 07:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(ThaJuggla @ May 3 2007, 02:44 PM) View Post

So if I woulda got a ticket and not got off for my suspended license, society would be better?  anhh.... also too... if a kid is walking around on the street around 530 in the morning, its his or her own fault if they get hit... especially that early in the winter.   Plus it was a road that no kids whatsoever walk down, because there are no houses nor schools or anything on that road, it was just a random 30mph road around my way.   Also, if i ran down your kid givin the circumstances i provided, that wouldnt be the last thing id do, it would be the last thing youd do because your family would wonder why you let your kid out that early to roam the street in the cold darkness.  Also, id run your ass down too   muhaha.gif

oh and plus one day on my way home from work, driving safely in my neighborhood, a lil kid probably 7 or 8 gave me the finger... so i whipped my car around and chased him , and i told him that he better watch out who he does that to cause if he ever does it to me im gonna break his Fn finger off.  Watch your damn kids before they get hurt =]

jokes aside, i have 3 kids.  I always watch for kids and I know when and when  i shouldnt speed.  Plus, its not cause of me that society has gone bad... its because of the rule that the people with the most money get the better treatment.  The lil guy needs a break once in a while, so the moral of my story was, I catch breaks. Dumbass...  oh yeah... people who whine about people who do stuff bad... thats why society blows too.  WAHHHH WAHHH WE NEED EQUAL RIGHTS!!! WAHHHH WAHHHHH... its the same situation there... yeah i know that kinda thing, women want to be treated equal which is all good... but if a woman hits you and you knock her the F out, I bet you get in trouble huh.. its not an equal rights thing then is it?  Minorities... ehh dont get me started on that... listen, before you come whining about me speeding and running over your family, check your local newspaper to find the best deal on a box of tampons for yourself and maybe some Midol... then we can talk.

So not only were you doing 60 on a 30 road, you were also doing it on a dark winter morning (that's safe sleep.gif ) Yes the road may have looked clear but who are you to decide nobody should be out at that time. What if there had been an early morning dog walker or anyone else for that matter? Saying that they deserve what's coming to them is both dumb minded and immature. I like to think i can walk anywhere at anytime without fear of being killed by a speeding motorist. Speed limits are there for a reason, don't try to tell me otherwise.

Whether you like it or not you and your crooked cop buddy are contributing to the breakdown of society. He has been placed in a position of trust but, by the sound of it, abuses it regularly. You are no better for being a part of this.

You can blah blah all you want but i have a feeling no-one will agree with you. You sound like a complete idiot.

ThunderStruck_U

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »

Ok to some it all up Drug Dealing isnt taxed...um yet, so it isnt a source of cash flow for BB. Its all about fricken money. Copying and selling games fucks up the revenue man come on. Its not about right and wrong anymore today. It should be but it isnt. Bottom line Don't fricken sell copied shit. there is entire police departments focusing on this crap. Fuck what do you think "Netpassport is for"? Bill gates made a little deal with big brother a few years back. Kind like this you keep compeditors down and I will fill your database of information with every one using windows. The stage is being set and soon we will just be part of a database in the Goverments basement. Our freedoms are being slowly pulled out from under our noses while we sit back and do nothing about it. Trust me the day is comming when hackers will be the only avenue we will have outside the system to even be able to eat to stay alive. Learn everything you can learn and support the hackers who share the wisdom freely. Gee ask yourself why would they be so hard to break a guys ass who is selling copies of there software that they paid some fricken poor programmer starving to death overseas a bowl full of rice to make. I wonder could it be profit margin. If your that stupid to copy crap and then sell it, just go tatto black and white strips all over your body and and start shoving bannanas in your bong hole to losen it up for bubba.

ThunderStruck_U

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »

Who is the real child here the one whipping the finger or the one turning around the car threating a child for GODs sakes people, there children. Why don't you befriend him and make a differance in his heart instead of cemmenting his idea that all grown ups are dick heads.  If it where my kid I would want the adult to come tell me and I would be having him washing your car on the weekends all summer long. Change happens in the heart first then then the mind. I am scared to think that the future of our country is going to be in the hands of this younger generation. Stop and think that the kid probaly comes from a fucked up family full of crack heads who don't care. But also if we don't start carring these will be the kids shooting your kids in the school lunch room one day.

Wake up people and start carrying!

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »

I don't agree with the this stuff about people being able to walk around on the road whenever they want.  Hey, here's a thought...ROADS ARE FOR CARS!  If you want to walk your dog, walk it around somewhere else.  Roads were made for cars to drive on, if there is some stupid person in the middle of the road at 530am and they get plowed over by a car, speeding or not, it's their own fault for being a friggin retard and walking down the road.

As to what thunderstruck said, that's a good idea and all, but if his parents are crack heads they probably are not going to make sure that their kid goes to wash your car every day.  Society is falling and there is not a freaking thing we can do about it.  Arm your family and get lots of ammo, it's all that will matter some years down the road.

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 10:04:00 AM »

Why is everyone talking about kids all of a sudden. I was merely using my child as an example and told ThaJuggla if someone like him ran my kid down they would face the concequences. Now lets not forget i said this before i knew what time he was driving at. The fact of the matter is, the time it happened is irrelevent, anyone could have been walking on the roadside at that time. And yes, roads aren't for people, i never once said people should walk on roads, but what was to stop that idiot loosing control of his vehicle, mounting the kerb/sidewalk and killing someone? C'mon, use your heads, if he'd have said he was doing 40mph i wouldn't have said anything but 60? in the dark? during winter?

ThaJuggla, I see you have a suspended license. How many other lives have you put at risk because of your irresponsible actions?

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(ThaJuggla @ May 3 2007, 01:09 PM) View Post

I dunno, I just know that this story is one of those things thats make me scared to get caught doing anything wrong like copying games or movies... NOT.

I see it like this... piracy.. yeah it may be wrong in a way.  But, is it really that wrong?  Lets say a DVD costs 20 bucks to buy in the store.  You pay the 20 bucks so everythings fair right?  You get DVD, Store and Movie Production Company get there share of that 20.  Ok, whatever...

You go to blockbuster, rent a movie for 4 bucks.  20 other people rent that same movie for 4 bucks a pop.  Thats 80 bucks made off a 20 buck movie, and thats saying everyone brought it back on time with no late fees.  20 bucks goes to Movie production company, and 60 goes to block buster.  Seem fair?  Its honestly no different than me buying a 100 pack of sony dvdr's, and burning a movie and selling it for myself.  Sony (or whatever company you buy from) gets money of the dvdr's, and I would get money off selling it.  Kind of like blockbuster, or netflix, or whatever.  Its all a big scam these rental places, to make money off the same product over and over.  Who cares though right?  Ehhh... I cant wait til tomorrow though... watch Spidey 3   wink.gif
he even gave me burnt copies of dvds to copy myself.

Mods please read the above quotes. If he ain't a pirate then i'm the Pope.

Master Reefed

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »

Isnt it illegal to "backup" any software in the usa?
I was under the impression that is why DVDXCOPY got shutdown.
Which makes everyone a crook that has an Ipod, and didnt "rebuy" the song through Itunes to use it on their ipod.

In America, its free here...for the bums on the street, everyone else pays out the ass!

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(ThaJuggla @ May 3 2007, 07:01 PM) View Post

look man.  you lose.  you should come my way and walk in the middle of the road.    60 mph doesnt matter in winter or summer.  It was the fact that your kid shouldnt be walking around at 530 AM on the road in winter you dumbass.  C'mon use YOUR head.  And now youre trying to tell mods to look at what I posted and say that I am a pirate?  If you read what I said... i said it would be no different than me buying 100 dvds and such and selling them, theoretically comparing myself with blockbuster.  Most likely there isnt one person on this site that doesnt have atleast one copied movie.   And if there is, good for you!

Second off, I do NOT have a suspended license.  Last year I did.  Why did I have a suspended license?  I had forgotten to pay a ticket.  Its not a big deal, just around my ways, the Motor vehicle admin doesnt inform you of when your license is suspended SOOOO, I got pulled over on a suspended license.   Had I rememberd about the ticket and known about the suspension, I wouldve paid it.  

Anywho...  I would like to say this to you my friend.  If you are indeed not a pirate in ANY WAY , SHAPE, OR FORM... why are you here?  

Firmware hacks = playing burnt games
Modchips = same thing
Homebrew usually = Emulators... they  are cool, but they arent playing paid for games
DVD Burner + CD/DVD = Copied movies, games, music cds

----
please tell me you dont have any of the above, or I will be forced to say... HEY MODS LOOK AT THIS!!
I seriously doubt you are playing any true homebrew that is original , and playing original games as in, never made or copyrighted before... so.. I kinda got 2 words for ya...

Why i come to this site is none of your business, just rest assured i am NOT a pirate in any way, shape or form.
But basically by saying what you just said, you yourself look like a pirate. If you think everyone here is a pirate, then why are you here?

I hope you get what's coming to you. YOU LOSE!!!!!

Knasen

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2007, 12:09:00 PM »

Uhm... guys, stop the fighting and lets get back to the original topic, you can talk about drivers licences, kids, streets in the dark and so on in some other thread or PM's  wink.gif

Anyway, on the topic I think this guy is a fool for selling copied games but the punishment was way too hard. Either fine him or give him prison, but not both. Where I live alot of criminals get less punishment than that for way more severe crimes. Guess the game companies wanted to scare some people and decided to state an example.

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(ThaJuggla @ May 3 2007, 07:37 PM) View Post

i am here because i am interested in what is going on.  i myself love emulators because of nostalgic reasons, btw.  i have no problems with pirates or their ways so why not be here?  

What exactly is coming to me?  Nothing, thats what I thought.  FBI could walk right in or whoever investigates that crap and it wouldnt matter, theres nothing wrong here.  

I know why you come here... its ok, I can tell you are a forum junkie and go around whining about crap to everyone.  You try to get people in trouble and it doesnt work.  still... you lose

Why are you back-pedalling? you have made it quite clear you are a pirate. 1) You accepted backup media from a police officer so that you could copy it yourself. 2) You stated you don't think piracy is bad and have no problems with it. 3) You asked me why i come to a site full of pirates in an attempt to corner me, but all you did was incriminate yourself with your idiotic ways.

Rest assured, i have reported you to a moderator.

FBI??? I was talking about a ban from these forums. Just shows the amount of brain power we're dealing with here.

I will not reply to you anymore. I will let others deal with you now. If you don't get a ban you're very lucky.

Steve-0

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2007, 01:22:00 PM »

both points and opinions are seen here but ThaJuggla if say you was the creator of the halo series and all of a sudden your $10,000,000 a month income became $10 because people was Ripping off your stuff and spending YOUR cash would you still have the same outlook?

and the VCR argument is petty you are legally allowed to record a broadcast as long as it isn't distributed,
Recording and copying are 2 different things

Roy2001

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(47_M450N_47 @ May 2 2007, 09:52 PM) View Post

I just think it's funny that software pirates often get harsher sentences than friggin drug dealers.  Yeah, don't copy stuff and sell it, it's illegal, but seriously, if they are gonna take selling pirated stuff this seriously, then why don't they crack down on the drug dealing?  Everybody around where I live knows where to freaking get any kind of drug you want, it's definitely a more prominent and profitable business than selling pirated stuff, but it's rare that anyone gets caught for dealing illegal narcotics, which should be a much bigger concern than a few copyright violations, I mean there are human lives at stake here.</rant>

Who cares about sellngdrugs to trashes? If you arrest all drug dealers, no one would gain from.

Priacy cuts someone's very deep pocket.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5