xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: God And Politics: From A Former Deputy Directory Of The White House Of  (Read 318 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User

http://www.cbsnews.c...in2089778.shtml

Reading stories like this makes me wonder what happens to the money from the Churchgoers on Sunday Mornings goes to.  Sometimes I wonder if the Christian Leaders in the US really care about the poor.  A bunch of brainwashed Christians would go protest about Gay Marriage or Abortion but doesn't seem that excited when it comes to the poor.  

The recent events like Bill Gates, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter and many others who decided to spend a lot of time and/or money helping the poor here in Africa and here makes me think why they started because the Christians didn't do enough.  Just something to think about.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
God And Politics: From A Former Deputy Directory Of The White House Of
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Oct 16 2006, 10:42 AM) View Post
http://www.cbsnews.c...in2089778.shtml

Reading stories like this makes me wonder what happens to the money from the Churchgoers on Sunday Mornings goes to. Sometimes I wonder if the Christian Leaders in the US really care about the poor. A bunch of brainwashed Christians would go protest about Gay Marriage or Abortion but doesn't seem that excited when it comes to the poor.

The recent events like Bill Gates, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter and many others who decided to spend a lot of time and/or money helping the poor here in Africa and here makes me think why they started because the Christians didn't do enough. Just something to think about.

Because the Christians didn't do enough? That's the same attitude people on welfare here in the states have. "You owe me this". The fact of the matter is, they don't owe anyone anything. The topic you started was on the president. If what Kuo says is true (and we have no reason to believe otherwise) then the president did not do what he said he was going to do. I do not recall the president being the spokesperson for Christianity. I believe Jesus Christ would be that person. The church I grew up attending focused primarily on helping less fortunate individuals. There were constant food drives. The church constantly participated in habitat for humanity. They gave gifts to less fortunate children at Christmas. They provided clothing for the people. I can keep going. The point is, do not speak of which you do not know. Maybe the president isn't doing his job, but the Christians are doing what they can.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Oct 16 2006, 02:57 PM) View Post
... but the Christians are doing what they can.
hahaha. You had me till there.
Specifically, Kuo says people in the White House political affairs office referred to Pat Robertson as "insane," Jerry Falwell as "ridiculous,"
I concur!

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Oct 16 2006, 04:46 PM) View Post
hahaha. You had me till there.
I concur!

Way to back up your statements dry.gif

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »

You know what? This is a stupid discussion anyway. I don't really feel like finding links and backing up what I have said countless times before, in the error of Christian ways. Falwell and Robertson are money hungry, look out for themselves, selfish bastards. I don't know who Dobson is. Just look up some quotes by Falwell and Robertson and see for yourself.
Falwell:
http://www.google.co...G=Google Search
Robertson:

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »

Damn BCfosheezy if you were a chick id marry you.  

And throwingks, I believe those two are idiots too, doesnt mean they all are.  I think Cindy Sheehan is a peice of shit woman but I dont think it represents every liberal in the world.

You'd be surprised at how many have distanced themselves from Pat Robertson.  Even Fox News makes fun of his dumb ass.

And BCfosheezy good luck arguing with pugster.  There is no more extreme liberal on the board.  

Pay no mind that it is Christians that pay 90% of the taxes in this country.  I love how these guys HATE rich people but then if they got rid of all the rich people they'd be out of a job.  Who would you bitch at then?

I would say God but you guys dont believe in him so im guessing next in line is George Bush lol.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 08:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Oct 16 2006, 04:55 PM) View Post
You know what? This is a stupid discussion anyway. I don't really feel like finding links and backing up what I have said countless times before, in the error of Christian ways. Falwell and Robertson are money hungry, look out for themselves, selfish bastards. I don't know who Dobson is. Just look up some quotes by Falwell and Robertson and see for yourself.
Falwell:
Robertson:

You're right on everything you say except where you generalize "Christians" with these guys. The topic is stupid because it was intended to provoke an argument amongst the aforementioned group. At the end of the day it's the same as me saying: "Bin Laden is a Muslim fanatic that wants to kill all infidels because he believes God told him to, so all Muslims must be bad." It just doesn't make sense to classify a group of people based on a few. That's why we have wars.... ignorance as of this topic and the VERY ignorant pugster is too stupid to see it. Read the topic on Korea's nukes.... you'll see what I mean.

QUOTE(Heet @ Oct 16 2006, 08:13 PM) View Post

And throwingks, I believe those two are idiots too, doesnt mean they all are. I think Cindy Sheehan is a peice of shit woman but I dont think it represents every liberal in the world.

You'd be surprised at how many have distanced themselves from Pat Robertson. Even Fox News makes fun of his dumb ass.

And BCfosheezy good luck arguing with pugster. There is no more extreme liberal on the board.

Pay no mind that it is Christians that pay 90% of the taxes in this country. I love how these guys HATE rich people but then if they got rid of all the rich people they'd be out of a job. Who would you bitch at then?

I would say God but you guys dont believe in him so im guessing next in line is George Bush lol.

Thanks. Glad to see not everyone on this board is an ultra-liberal who is too into distorting truths and half-truths. There was a topic a while back about Israel. I had about 3 ultra libs on me. They came up with 51 UN resolutions that they claimed Israel had broken(they were trying to blame our current U.S. administration.). I never replied, because I made it through 23 and actually reading them and they were totally in Israel's favor. Why am I off on a tangent? Because these guys are so dissatisfied with a conservative in office that they will say or do ANYTHING to make people vote the other way even if it has NOTHING to do with him. Most of them are not even from our country. It shows you that our country really is the best in the world if even people from UK and Africa and the like are paying this close of attention. Then again it makes you sad because they are worried about ruining our country rather than making theirs worth a damn.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 06:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Oct 16 2006, 10:52 PM) View Post
... these guys...
me?

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 07:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Oct 17 2006, 07:23 AM) View Post
me?

No I meant the so-called "Christian Leaders". They might say they do, but they do not represent the Christian population.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heet @ Oct 17 2006, 02:13 AM) View Post

And throwingks, I believe those two are idiots too, doesnt mean they all are.  I think Cindy Sheehan is a peice of shit woman but I dont think it represents every liberal in the world.
You'd be surprised at how many have distanced themselves from Pat Robertson.  Even Fox News makes fun of his dumb ass.
And BCfosheezy good luck arguing with pugster.  There is no more extreme liberal on the board.  
Pay no mind that it is Christians that pay 90% of the taxes in this country.  I love how these guys HATE rich people but then if they got rid of all the rich people they'd be out of a job.  Who would you bitch at then?  I would say God but you guys dont believe in him so im guessing next in line is George Bush lol.[/

You and BCfosheezy thinks Liberals as if it was a four letter word.  Most conservatives/republicans have black washed that word as if being a liberal is the worst thing to be.  For people like you who to hate liberals and don't even know what they stand for and for that you guys are just plain ignorant.  You guys remind me of the KKK whose parents teach their sons and daughters to hate Black people just because they are black.

And I am not bashing about Christians in general.  But like what that Former Deputey Director Of The White House Of Faith-Based and Community Initatives says, I am questioning if the goals of Christians and their Leaders are the same.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 07:45:00 AM »

http://forums.xbox-s...t...73&t=555322

I'm glad that some Evangelical Christian Leaders woke up and realized what's is more important.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 08:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Oct 18 2006, 03:46 PM) View Post

You and BCfosheezy thinks Liberals as if it was a four letter word. Most conservatives/republicans have black washed that word as if being a liberal is the worst thing to be. For people like you who to hate liberals and don't even know what they stand for and for that you guys are just plain ignorant. You guys remind me of the KKK whose parents teach their sons and daughters to hate Black people just because they are black.

And I am not bashing about Christians in general. But like what that Former Deputey Director Of The White House Of Faith-Based and Community Initatives says, I am questioning if the goals of Christians and their Leaders are the same.

Again, you are way off the mark. Sometimes I wonder how you draw the conclusions you do. I understand fully what a liberal is. I never said I hated them. I was giving examples of what YOU do on these boards. Don't take offense as a liberal so much as you take offense as Pug Ster because every bit of what I said was aimed at YOU even though I may not have been so specific in my last post.

Edit: Before you quote me for using the statement "Ultra-liberal". Obviously that is the same as when you use the term "Neo Conservative". Don't be a hypocrite.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Oct 19 2006, 03:11 PM) View Post

Again, you are way off the mark. Sometimes I wonder how you draw the conclusions you do. I understand fully what a liberal is. I never said I hated them. I was giving examples of what YOU do on these boards. Don't take offense as a liberal so much as you take offense as Pug Ster because every bit of what I said was aimed at YOU even though I may not have been so specific in my last post.

Every time when I put in an argument, it seems that many times you put in the word 'liberal' statement or something liberal along the lines and never explained why.  It seems to be that you are making fun of liberals just because they are liberals (ie your liberal jokes).  Most importantly, you didn't explain in your definition, what is a liberal.

I draw conclusions from from mainstream websites, ie, cbsnews, abcnews, msnbc or other reliable sources.  Where do you post your sources?  Giving your willy nilly explinations does not count.

Edit: Before you quote me for using the statement "Ultra-liberal". Obviously that is the same as when you use the term "Neo Conservative". Don't be a hypocrite.

In my posts, have I ever used the word 'Neo Con'?  Moron.  Now get back to talking the subject at hand.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Oct 19 2006, 09:32 AM) View Post

Every time when I put in an argument, it seems that many times you put in the word 'liberal' statement or something liberal along the lines and never explained why. It seems to be that you are making fun of liberals just because they are liberals (ie your liberal jokes). Most importantly, you didn't explain in your definition, what is a liberal.

I draw conclusions from from mainstream websites, ie, cbsnews, abcnews, msnbc or other reliable sources. Where do you post your sources? Giving your willy nilly explinations does not count.

In my posts, have I ever used the word 'Neo Con'? Moron. Now get back to talking the subject at hand.

I use the word liberal in reference to you because your ideology follows that of liberals. If I wanted to use a 4-letter derogatory term I would. Instead I choose to call a horse a horse. My liberal jokes in the comedy forums, I found funny because they were true and in a lot of cases show hypocracy.

"Most importantly, you didn't explain in your definition, what is a liberal."

I don't recall ever offering to define liberalism. It is clearly defined and everyone involved knows. You are quick to call me a conservative. What's your definition? If you want to get in a definition pissing contest ok.

Yes you post sources and then just like this topic you put your spin on it to reflect your ideals. The source posted was a gentleman hired as a part of president Bush's agenda on religion. He didn't get very specific but stated that the president didn't keep his promises he made so far. You go on to talk about Christians not helping in Africa and all kinds of other things that were not included in your source. Therefore manipulating and twisting things. Your source was nothing more than a man's opinion anyways. My so-called "willy nilly explanations" are factual. If you feel they are "willy nilly" you are more than welcome to attempt to discredit them. If you feel I cannot back them up then surely you can find something other than someone's opinion to discredit them. Oh and BTW, I'm the one who asked YOU to post sources because you were posting opinions and basically lying and you knew it. smile.gif You could not and never did post sources. Don't get mad at me because you chose to be false. I encourage you to show where I am false. I have nothing to hide.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Oct 19 2006, 05:09 PM) View Post

Yes you post sources and then just like this topic you put your spin on it to reflect your ideals. The source posted was a gentleman hired as a part of president Bush's agenda on religion. He didn't get very specific but stated that the president didn't keep his promises he made so far. You go on to talk about Christians not helping in Africa and all kinds of other things that were not included in your source. Therefore manipulating and twisting things. Your source was nothing more than a man's opinion anyways. My so-called "willy nilly explanations" are factual. If you feel they are "willy nilly" you are more than welcome to attempt to discredit them. If you feel I cannot back them up then surely you can find something other than someone's opinion to discredit them. Oh and BTW, I'm the one who asked YOU to post sources because you were posting opinions and basically lying and you knew it. smile.gif You could not and never did post sources. Don't get mad at me because you chose to be false. I encourage you to show where I am false. I have nothing to hide.

My so-called "willy nilly explanations" are factual.

Let me see, the links about the stories in the news Web sites are FALSE, or didn't meet your 'information' criteria.  Your willy nilly ramblings are TRUE, until I have proven otherwise.  

I have a question for you: Why are you a Moron?  Maybe you can disprove it.

Oh I posted the wrong link about the Evangelical Christian Leaders.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15322221/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5