xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Racism  (Read 536 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2005, 09:48:00 AM »

On August 23, 1989, Yusef Hawkins, who was sixteen at the time went to look for a used car in Bensonhurst with three of his friends. A mob of about 30 white youths soon approached them.

Do you expect those 30 white youths with bats and guns come to greet those 4 black kids and tell them 'Welcome to Bensonhurst?.'  If that black kid would've have at least half a brain, he would've ran away.

Pucksr, from your wording, you sound like an idealist where black and white people can live together in harmony.  But this is not the case.  If I sound like it have a 'racist' tone, so be it.

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 20 2005, 09:33 PM)
Are you implying that the kid was killed because he didnt try to avoid a conflict?  Trust me, im sure he did everything his little 16-year-old head could think of, but in the end you cannot run away from bullets. 

pug_ster

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2005, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 20 2005, 09:33 PM)
I still cant believe that you find no justification for the black community to make a big deal out of 30 white kids beating and shooting a black kid because he was black.

puckSR

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

I have to say that African Americans have to stop trying to play the 'I am the victim' game.

So they arent the victims of racism?
So they arent the victims of prejudice?
So they arent the victims of violence?

This young man was the victim of all 3

The race card is a pain in the ass, and it does get played way too often.  The problem is that it still deserves to be played sometimes.  Maybe not when you say the word "niggar", but when 30 white kids murder a black kid cause he is black, then yeah, play the race card.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2005, 10:19:00 PM »

The protestors came in and protested in that ONE neighborhood.  Jesse Jackson came and lecture about racial equality to the high school closest to that ONE neighborhood.  The Media portrays the racial hatred in that ONE neighborhood.  What do most people in that time conclude?  Everyone in that ONE neighborhood is a bunch of racists (and I am not kidding.)

Killings happens every day so why does this one should receive a lot more attention than other killings?

Sure, send the Killer(s) to jail and then the electric chair.  But don't prejudge every one else just because there are a few bad apples in that ONE neighborhood, as in there are bad apples in every neighborhood.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »

Those 30 white guys were at least under the impression that their actions were tolerable by the neighborhood.

You know, it sounds to me that this is a racist statement.

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Sep 21 2005, 07:23 PM)
You know, it sounds to me that this is a racist statement.

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 21 2005, 08:29 PM)
How is that racist?  Wait, i think i know what you are going to say, so let me save some space. 

pug_ster

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »

Those 30 white guys were at least under the impression that their actions were tolerable by the neighborhood.

You probably have the same mentality of those black protestors and those black activists about this.  You think that when those 30 white kids run after those black kids, bystanders would stand by and cheer them on?  Most people doesn't want to be a part of it and just want to be left alone.  Do you think they are racists?

In any case, you, the black protestors and activists kept b1tching about 'blacks are the victims' in that one neighborhood and handing out punishment to those 30 white kids is not enough.  You want the 100,000+ people in that neighborhood to be catagorized as racists (or whatever you want to be called as) just because you think that neighborhood is a breeding ground for so called 'black-haters.'  Thus you, and those black activists and protestors are racists because you and those black activists and protestors discriminate against 99%+ of the individuals living in that neighborhood based on the actions on 30 people.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2005, 03:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 21 2005, 02:12 AM)
Those 30 white guys were at least under the impression that their actions were tolerable by the neighborhood.  Maybe not the murder, but the article you linked to earlier even had a girl saying that black guys dont come around because the guys would rough them up.

All I have to say is, what is the difference between this and when gangs form in prominent black neighborhoods and rough up the white kids?

I believe what pug_ster is getting at is why when this happens to a white person, are we not allowed to bring in a bunch of white dudes and use the "race card"? You even said it yourself that because this was a race attack, they had the right to use the race card and had lectures, etc. Well since they can do it, for equality (you know that shit they speak of) whites should be allowed to do this also..........................but they are not because of the blacks. If we did that shit the blacks would pitch a fit, and use a race card.

Just something to think about beerchug.gif

pug_ster

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »

uhh.gif
QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 21 2005, 11:32 PM)
First off, that wouldnt be racist, just stereotyping.  Get your terminology straight

pug_ster

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

You didnt say the 100,000 white people, you said the 100,000 people. I assumed mixed ethnicity. If you were trying to say...they wanted the white people in that neighborhood labeled as racists, then yes, that would be racist.-- if some of them were not racist

WTF are you talking about?

I will respond to something pertaining to racism or this subject otherwise I will post my usual sarcastic remarks.  BTW, if anybody is getting a kick reading my sarcastic comments say 'I'.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 9 2005, 06:31 PM)
And how lazy do you have to be if you dont read the entire word?

Not very lazy according to research. 79% of people do not read things on the internet word-by-word, so what makes you think they read them letter-by-letter? I saw the word niggerly(which isnt even a word) because I am one of the vast majority that does not read word-by-word let alone letter-by-letter. rolleyes.gif I suggest you climb back down from the self-righteous podium you have placed yourself upon. wink.gif
QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 21 2005, 05:32 PM)
OOOH, a white lynching?  Yeah those happened all the time in NOWHERE

Gangs are a violent group, they are responsible for attacking people of all ethnicity.  Black, white, asian, and everyone.  They are criminal, and they are bad.  So is the Mafia. 

This was a mob.  This was 30 guys who saw a black kid and chased him down.  This is not the same as anything i have ever heard of black kids doing, but please, find me an example. 

Do you know what synonms are?

Synonym - two words that can be interchanged in a context are said to be synonymous relative to that context [syn: equivalent word]

Gang - an association of criminals [syn: pack, ring, mob]
Mob - an association of criminals [syn: gang, pack, ring]

Examples.
A pack of youngsters murder an elderly man.
A ring of youngsters murder an elderly man.
A gang of youngsters murder an elderly man.
A mob of youngsters murder an elderly man.

ohmy.gif No way, did you notice how all 4 sentences have the exact same meaning? rotfl.gif

Oh and here is one example of those things that happen nowhere pop.gif
In October 1999, a white man named Troy Knapp was attacked by a mob of black men wielding pipes and trash cans, while riding his bike with a companion in Charleston, SC. Knapp was beaten so severely that part of his skull and brain had to be removed, leaving him barely functional.

Witnesses told Knapp's family that after white police officers arrested a black suspect in connection with the shootings, someone in a group of people was heard saying: "Yeah, we are going to get us a white boy." Seventeen suspects were arrested and charged with second-degree lynching. However, local prosecutor David Schwacke commented, "We haven't been able to establish hate as a motive.

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 23 2005, 12:47 AM)
There are 400,000 words roughly in the english language.  The reason that we have so many words in the english language is because we like our language to be specific

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
Racism
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2005, 06:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Sep 23 2005, 02:05 AM)
Hmm, let me be clear here, as clear as possible
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9