xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Scientific Savvy  (Read 71 times)

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Scientific Savvy
« on: August 31, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »

gcskate27

• Archived User
Scientific Savvy
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »

im surprised its that low actually... people are fucking stupid...

pug_ster

• Archived User
Scientific Savvy
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »

Maybe 1 in 5 are 5-10 year olds...

Moleman

• Recovered User
Scientific Savvy
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 07:23:00 PM »

sad.gif   I was never optimistic about the intelligence of the nation, but this is just terrible.  How can you not know that?

Himura

• Archived User
Scientific Savvy
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Aug 31 2005, 05:36 PM)
Maybe 1 in 5 are 5-10 year olds...

Baner

• Archived User
Scientific Savvy
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »

Only about 10 percent know what radiation is.

How can you have an opinion on something like Nuculear war, if you can't tell the difference between a nuclear weapon and a regular bomb?

"...do they know what a placebo is."

Funny thing is... placebos came up in a conversation a few friends and I were having... 1/4 of them didn't know what a palcebo was. (Group of highschool students and grads.)

Not only do I find it dissappointing, and beside that fact that it's not too entirely surprising, but it's ridiculous how these same people have opinions and the right to sway the government. These same people are the people who choose our leaders, voice thier views on war, cloning, and stem cell research, but can't even tell you why day becomes night. dry.gif
I bet if you asked people why cloning and stem cell research is bad, the majority of them would give you the same basic regurgatated answer of, "It's immoral." or "We're not here to play God." These people can't think on thier own, but instead, allow thier peers and the media to feed reasons of why they should hate things into thier heads. These are the people who can fully support a war one month, then demand our troops to return home the next.
Hats off to you guys, the future of America. pop.gif

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Scientific Savvy
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 10:49:00 PM »

wait, when did the sun stop orbiting the earth?  I still see daylight every morning.  Are we going to be ok?

damam

• Archived User
Scientific Savvy
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »

biggrin.gif ) get a warped view of what a normal IQ is because we tend to only associate with others that are educated and/or intelligent as well.

I do think that he has a great point about how Americas Schools are really failing us.  The educational community truly are the "people that grinned themselves to death."  They are completely clueless and are only interested in preserving and furthering teacher benefits even if it is at the expense of the students and consequently americas future.

CattyKid

• Archived User
Scientific Savvy
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Aug 31 2005, 05:53 PM)
im surprised its that low actually... people are fucking stupid...