xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Schiavo Case  (Read 606 times)

bluedeath

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« on: March 23, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »

Link

This case has really been nasty.  It appears they are going to crucify her just in time for Easter.

If the husband really wanted her to die in peace he should have taken the responsibility on himself and killed her via a lethal injection.  Instead he chooses to make her suffer.  Very sickening.

pepsik

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »

"When I close my eyes at night, all I can see is Terri's face in front of me, dying, starving to death," Mary Schindler said outside the hospice. "Please, someone out there, stop this cruelty. Stop the insanity. Please let my daughter live."

It's funny this family says this after their daughter starved herself into vegetation. This woman is a vegetable, that chose to kill herself by unhealthy eating habits, now she is nothing but dead weight that state taxpayers have been supporting for 15 years. The federal government is showing how much of a big spendor it is when it comes to the aid of a self inflicted vegetable. The videos that the congressmen have used in support for this case are on the rare occasions when this woman is not spasming violently in her hospital bed. The way I see it, she tried to kill herself, her family could have saved her, if they paid attention to her bullemic/anorexia, but now she is a lifeless shell being supported by a machine. The quotes from this family are amazing, in one article they say that visiting their daughter once or twice a week has been the inspiration to their lives - wait a second you do realize that your visitng her after she is brain dead, why didn't they give her this emotional support when she was trying to kill herself with malnutrition?

A little late for the love and affection they say they will miss if she is gone. It's not like these people take care of her, they just pay for a nursing home to feed,bath and clothe her while they visit once maybe twice a week for 30 minutes. It's just rediculous to think this is a medical case that needs presidential attention.

Finish what the woman wanted to do 15 years ago and let her die.

iwinulose

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 07:12:00 PM »

your a fuc.....(dont wanna start a flame war)
why the fuck is the government allowing her to be starved to death, they fucking treat convicted felons better
i dont even understand how it got to this point, the husband didnt want her so the family said they would take care of her (even pay the medical bill...) why has it gone this fucking far???
this is a sad day for america if these fucking....grrr grr.gif .... i dont know what the fuck to call them because i dont understand why we should let them live
any way its a sad day for america if we can starve a fucking human to death, that is "brain dead" but we give a rapist/murderer a last meal and then let them die painlessly
god damn people piss me off

rony2211

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 06:58:00 AM »

i love the fact that we care so much about tax payers money ya they can use mine to keep her alive why not that or a millon on cow farts ,as to how she got that way pepski do a little more fact checking before you say she did this to her self her husban went to court saying he would take care of her forever ,then 7 years latter he just happens to remember that one night while they were watching tv that she says she would not want to live like this about the same time he is seeing another woman hmm strange know ,as for him i think they should do a little um i dont know police work cuz somethings up with him . but anyway
we wont let a dog or cat starve you can go to jail for that but a human lets let her die she is know use to anybody .bullshit she has family who want to take care of her thats all they ask .no most of our liberal judges and citizens would rether just kill her ,but not that cute little puppy no way  mad.gif

pepsik

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »

lets see,this is  for the unimformed masses, from a credible news agency

Schiavo, now 41, suffered what court-appointed doctors have called irreversible brain damage 15 years ago when her heart stopped due to a chemical imbalance, believed to have been caused by an eating disorder. The legal showdown has spanned more than seven years, with more than 20 different state and federal courts making rulings.

I would rather they euthanize her, but her parents are pathetic, if they cared for her they would keep her in thier home instead of locking her up in a home. If you've never been to a hospice you should go into one and see if this type of place you would put your loved ones.

rony2211

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 01:43:00 PM »

trust me ive been there my wife and my sister work there and what is stoping the parents from taking her home is her peice of shit spouse wants her dead as far as credible news ya right i bet you would not starve a puppy

rony2211

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »

who the fuck are you to say post closed

rony2211

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »

ooh post closed sorry i was thinking topic beerchug.gif

jbp20717

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »

The way I see it, if a person cannot live without a life support machine, or live a half-decent life with one, there is absolutely no point in just keeping them in a vegetative state for the sake of it.  I can understand people don't want her to starve to death - and an injection would probably be more suitable, but then there's all the stuff about the exact legal position in mercy killings and so forth...

BTW, I bet you wouldn't kill a puppy!! wink.gif

pepsik

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »

Unfortunalty this is not the Netherlands where there is government sanctioned euthanasia. This woman is a vegetable, that did it to herself. This is the main ethical point that sways my opinon towards letting her die. The family should look into organ donation and save more lives than waste resources. All the claims about her snapping out of this are fairy tales, the doctors run extensive tests and when it comes down to it, nobody wants to make that kind of diagnosis.

I work in healtchcare and bust my ballz everyday trying to save lives, starving her is cruel, but I would not want to be a vegetable in a slum house for the rest of my life.

This case is all about living wills, if you don't want to be on a machine then put it in writing. She didn't and thats why its made such a big fuss.

BTW I have a few adorable pups for sale right now love.gif

rony2211

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

i could give a flying fuck about a dog, cat ,fish this is a human

Wong Hung Lo

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

It's time for her parents to let her go. She's brain dead and is no longer here. At least she isn't suffering.

I've seen to many family and friends going out screaming from cancer when they should be able to go out without suffering.

A good friend of mine had cancer and was suffering and ended it with a single gunshot to the head. It was quick and his suffering ended. I was upset when he did it but I now understand why he did it and would do the same thing if I was in that situation.

People treat animals better than they do humans. They would rather let a human suffer till death but would put their dog down if they were suffering.

I think Jack Kevorkian is a hero and should be let out of prison.

bluedeath

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »

If the issue is suffering then why doesn't the husband take responsibility?  Of mice and men.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »

Let's see, Jeb, George and the Republican Led House moved to act to save a braindead woman while they don't give a damn about 10 people getting killed execution style in MN.  You tell me who's pro-Life.

Ween311

• Archived User
Schiavo Case
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2005, 10:31:00 AM »

Let's see, Jeb, George and the Republican Led House moved to act to save a braindead woman while they don't give a damn about 10 people getting killed execution style in MN. You tell me who's pro-Life.

Are you talking about the school shooting?  That's a totally different situation.  That happened on a reservation.  It has laws independent of the rest of the US.  What can Jeb and George do about it?  Nothing.  Plus, those people are already dead.  They can't be brought back to life.They were killed with a law officers weapons.  This person would have had access to weapons even if the anti-gun crowd had thier wish.

This issue is about an individual who is alive.  She breathes on her own.  She needs assistance with getting food.  My sister works at a school that has a program for disabled children.  Terry has a lot more functions then some of these kids.  Should we kill these kids instead of taking care of them?

I think this is a really tough issue.  Her family wants to take care of her and keep up their hope that one day medical science will be able to help her.  Her husband wants to go ahead and let her go.  He says that she would not want to live like this, but she didn't have a living will that made her wishes known.  It's his word against her families.  I would hate to be in the position of making this decision.  I don't know what the right answer is.

The thing that bugs me the most is the people who want to starve her to death seem to be the same people that were so upset that we took naked pictures of prisoners and screamed torture.  Starving someone to death seems like just as much torture as anything we allegedly did to those prisoners.  Just something to think about.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5