xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: MS Caught With Their Hand In The Cookie Jar  (Read 395 times)

mike96sc2

• Archived User
MS Caught With Their Hand In The Cookie Jar
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2004, 09:14:00 PM »

sleeping.gif  Nothing is going to happen. Nobody really cares. Well Geeks care, but whatever.

Screw $ony, they shut down Bleem!Cast

EthanHunt_IMF

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2004, 11:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (chefelf @ Nov 24 2004, 10:22 AM)
This story delights me far more than it should.  smile.gif  I bet MS is wishing Sony hadn't bought Sonic Foundry.

This story also put a smile on my face.  

What would be funnier is if MS were the ones that bought Sonic Foundry and they used a pirated version of their own software to create the wav's.  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

The story is interesting and looking at the files with notepad to see the text in there is rather funny as well.  However, just as powercntrl stated, MS still owns the rights to the audio files, despite that they were created with a pirated version of the Sound Forge software...

I think the matter at hand is more that pirated software was used to create the wav's not that the wav's themselves belong to Sony/Sonic Foundry.  Lets say you are using a pirated version of XP, as long as you don't create anything with it, does this mean you can legally use it? I would say no, as it's still considered software theft. And whether it's MS or the sub contractor, someone is responsible.

SkateAndDestroy

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2004, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Nov 24 2004, 05:04 PM)
MS new motto:

Steve Balmer "at MS.. we don't condone piracy in any shape or form.. unless it's us using other people's pirated software, or our subcontrators using others pirated software.."

course.. he'd only say that is we had Woinder Woman's lasso of truth wrapped around him.

lmao, laugh.gif  
this is one of the funniest news stories of the year
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]