xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Voting Machines Suck  (Read 131 times)

cainedna

• Archived User
Voting Machines Suck
« on: November 06, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »

From what I've heard, there was plenty of sketchiness with the touch-screen machines and such... but I didn't think it would have been enough to push Ohio over.
Put plainly, voting machines do suck, but not as much as people. sad.gif

K98

• Archived User
Voting Machines Suck
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 05:09:00 PM »

Kerry lost get over it.

voting machines do suck,

Maybe instead we should round up all the eligible voters into a big field and make them raise their hand yes for a canidate and then count them like we did in gradeschool because voting machines are just too complicated for a few individuals to understand.

powercntrl

• Archived User
Voting Machines Suck
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »

Come on let's be realistic here, if Bush had lost, you Bush supporters would be complaining about electronic voting machines too.  I'm not big on conspiracies and I think enough people voted using good old fashioned paper ballots that the touch screen systems really wouldn't have swayed the election one way or another.  

Still, whether the person I vote for wins or looses, I like to know it was because of a fair election.  Electronic voting systems just put too much at risk.  There's nothing wrong with using paper.

powercntrl

• Archived User
Voting Machines Suck
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 11:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (K98 @ Nov 7 2004, 02:00 AM)
Paper ballots havent been very realiable either so it doesn't matter.

There's a difference between reliability and riggability as well.  It's quite a task to fake a significant amount of punched or marked paper ballots.  Even without the element of conspiracy, equipment failure can mean votes going into a digital black hole.  With paper, you can always re-scan the ballots.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Voting Machines Suck
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 07:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (K98 @ Nov 7 2004, 12:00 AM)
Most Bush supporters wouldnt of said anything about the voting system if he had lost.

just as most liberals arent saying anything about voting fraud...
Liberals on the otherhand just have to find something to bitch and moan about how they got cheated. Simple.
thats a bullshit statement and you know it, people on either side would bitch...

K98

• Archived User
Voting Machines Suck
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

thats a bullshit statement and you know it, people on either side would bitch...

What canidate threatened to send in his lawyer team to challenge the votes? answer: kerry.

warning, do not click if you voted for bush:my votergate torrent if you wanna see how the votes are counted, also if you want to change any vote in the nation, during an election, just get into a server and use ms access to change the info, this really will open you eyes oh, and about the bush thing, it really doesn't matter, b/c if you voted for bush you arn't using them blamed newfangled confuzers anyways so you just keep watching your excecutions and the democrats will see what's going on.

haha your a dumbass if you believe that shit.

brandogg

• Archived User
Voting Machines Suck
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 08:44:00 PM »

Get into a server and use MS Access to change the info? Please elaborate Mr Smarty Pants. The votes are counted on an internal counter on each machine, then added and called into the election officials. It's not like the touch screen machines e-mail your vote to someone.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Voting Machines Suck
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2004, 09:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (K98 @ Nov 7 2004, 08:45 PM)
What canidate threatened to send in his lawyer team to challenge the votes? answer: kerry.

and how does this challenge the truth of my statement? think about it before you reply...

brandogg

• Archived User
Voting Machines Suck
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 11:15:00 PM »

Well Al Gore claims to have invented the internet, so if any of your conspiracy is true (which it's not), we can all blame him.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Voting Machines Suck
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 12:18:00 AM »

no actually each touchscreen uploads it's info to a spreadsheed in a normal windows computer in every precint connected to the internet using the software i have listed above, which is hackable using a VERY RARE program called MS ACCESS, it's real hard, so i'm sure you can't figure it out, but considering i can understand it and i'm no computer god, thinking the voting machines are secure is a joke. anyone who can get into my computer can get into the voting system, and i'm sure a few of you reading this can get into my computer. it's goddamn sad, and any of you denying this are only too naive to think that your republican puppet government could possibly be fallible.

Please stop.  It's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

brandogg

• Archived User
Voting Machines Suck
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »

Yes, the very RARE program known as MS Access, which can be bought at secret places like amazon.com CompUSA and Office Depot. BEWARE!

damam

• Archived User
Voting Machines Suck
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »

laugh.gif

on a side note, I am highly skeptical of online voting booths,
1) do they exist?  i thought they were all offline
2) if they do, wouldnt they be encrypted with 3DES linking all of them as well as some sort of replication partner verification?
3) a good system would have no way interfacing past the GUI.

parkerbender

• Archived User
Voting Machines Suck
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 01:19:00 AM »

yeah, and i am so stupid that's why i capitalized them, right?  can you spell sarcasm?  and yes i do know what i'm talking about my mother works at the voting office.  oh, and for damam who had the intelligence to bring up a few questions, they all are online to ease the tallying of votes so we can get the results fifteen-thirty minutes after the polls close, that's why they can be confirmed and certified just after the polling places close.  They are not encrypted, or even required to bebehind a hardware firewall, which is most of the problem, and finally, a good program would have no way of interfacing past the gui but the stupid thing is not wrote intelligently and they had the forsight to make the spreadsheets compatible with access and lets you just delete and type in new statistics while the gems program is even running, it's a fricking joke, it almost looks as if the went out of their way to make it simple to hack with no trace.