xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Arafat  (Read 94 times)

Baner

• Archived User
Arafat
« on: October 29, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »

Let him die!
All he is is a fuckin terrorist. Look at his connections from the past, he led terrorists groups for god sakes.

damam

• Archived User
Arafat
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 11:07:00 AM »

my guess is that both will occur

initially fighting will take place to re-establish pecking order, and while that is going on peace will not achievable.  In the end, i would like to think a more reasonable leader will emerge that will step up to the negotiation table.  Most of the arab world believes that Arafat screwed over the palestenians during the peace negotions with clinton moderating by not taking that deal.  It truly showed arafats true desire -> the end of the israeli state or nothing at all.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
Arafat
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »

you know, when this guy dies, there's going to be suicide bombers blowing themselves up in his name...
this is a lose/lose siutation.

feflicker

• Archived User
Arafat
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »

It has been said many times that the Israeli/Palestinian conflict will not end until Arafat dies. He turned down the best deal the Palestinian's have ever been offered. Many say a deal that good will never come along again, so a new leader is needed to come back to the negotiations...

Intensecure

• Archived User
Arafat
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 06:23:00 AM »

I really think Arafat needs to go. He has been intransigent, and not fulfilled his stated aims of curbing rogue terrorism.
Although I feel Israel is the problem that needs solving, I think it will have a better chance of resolution with a new Palestinian leader that can gain world respect and recognition.

OT: Arvarden - love the avatar! Up the Kyber pass....