xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Bush's Fear Tactics...  (Read 454 times)

thomes08

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »

99% is probably a very good number.  Look at the number of ilams in the world and think how fucked we would be if 2% of them were terrorsits.
just fucking think about it

according to here
http://www.iiie.net/Intl/PopStats.html
there are  1,509,820,277 islams in the world.

if 2% are terrorists, then there are 30,196,406 islamic terrorists in the world.  That's just fucking retarded to even say.  1% is way too high of a number.  

i don't know how to explain this any better.  

k98 if you don't get this i ask you to please never post here again, at least until you have some sort of grasp that it is not true that 25% of earth population are terrorists.

a lot of stuff on here can be debated but you're just wrong on this.  Even if it's your opinion, it's based on wrong facts.

thomes08

eidt: Baner, that's how pug_ster and i figure  ^^^

Baner

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

isn't that an assumption?

No, it's a hypothesis.

Edit: Lol, I suck with numbers

Baner

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »

Main Entry: hy·poth·e·sis
Pronunciation: hI-'päth-&-s&s
Function: noun
Inflected Form: plural hy·poth·e·ses /-"sEz/
: a proposition tentatively assumed in order to draw out its logical or empirical consequences and test its consistency with facts that are known or may be determined <it appears, then, to be a condition of the most genuinely scientific hypothesis that it be … of such a nature as to be either proved or disproved by comparison with observed facts —J. S. Mill> <most of the great unifying conceptions of modern science are working hypotheses —Bernard Bosanquet>

Source: Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

When takin from a reliable source, it states nothing about assumptions.

Btw: Thanks for not even saying anything at the topic at hand, but rather attack me. It be nice if you could add something to a discussion sometime.

Baner

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »

lol, i suck at reading too.

Baner

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2004, 12:23:00 PM »

tongue.gif

thomes08

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »

this isn't an attack you you baner.... but i find it quite surprising/sad/funny that most people in america have no idea that 1/4 of the world are muslim.  It just shows how much of a christian country we live in.  We're so blind to things that should really be obvious in the grand scheme of things.

Baner

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2004, 02:02:00 PM »

wink.gif

pug_ster

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (K98 @ Sep 27 2004, 06:13 AM)
Hmm i didnt say anything about Punishing or even killing islams. You just assumed that. How would u like if they filmed a friend or family member getting beheaded. I would bet 99% of islams have atleast soem hatred for the US but only a few actually carry out terrorist acts. I guess that's what i was trying to say but u 2 just jumped to the conclusion that terrorists=beign punish and/or killed.

Okay, I am going back here because this post seems to be the last post which looks like an argument.  (no offense guys)

The fact is that I hate George Bush because of the mess he made in Iraq that I wish he gets voted out.  But am I going to plot some terrorist act against Bush and the US?  No.

The same thing goes for most of the 98%+ of the peaceful muslims.  Those 98% hated Bush and probably the US too because of what happened in Abu Ghraib.  But are they joining the Radical Muslims so that they can plot a Terrorist act?  No.

I mentioned earlier about the Japanese Americans during WWII are confined to these internment camps even if almost of them had nothing to do what happened in Pearl Harbor.  This is wrong.  

Many Americans today blame on American Muslims on what happened to 9/11 even though they have nothing to do with that event.  This is blind hatred towards all muslims and they are no better than Terrorists having blind hatred towards any US citizen.

Baner

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

Hate to say it, but the voice of one speaks for a million.
When people lose someone close to them, or feel threatend, they try to find a reason for it, it's human nature. It's a fact that we were attack by Muslims in 9/11, so many American people took their anger out on the Islam religion as a whole.

zboy2004

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »

bush fear tactics hey well maybe some 1 should point out goerge w that his old ladie is acctually his dad in drag

thomes08

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

himan nature and immaturity IMO.  I agree people want answers for stuff.  But we have the answers.  We are 99.9999999999999% sure bin laden and the people clsoe to him are responsible for 9/11.  The people who directly did it are dead, so there is no chance of revenge on them. Bin laden is hiding and you can't have revenge on him at the moment.  So what do people do, blame all Muslims!  Just because you want revenge on the peron/people at fault doesn't mean you should hate the whole group.

Why not hate all men?  because i haven't seen any woman terrorists, only men.  Therefore all men are terrorists.

I don't remember the fallacy that kind of thinking is called.  but it is exactly that, a fallacy and has no ground in resonable thinking.

bluedeath

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (zboy2004 @ Sep 27 2004, 11:03 PM)
bush fear tactics hey well maybe some 1 should point out goerge w that his old ladie is acctually his dad in drag

How many VB's have you had today?  Drinking and typing no work well (I know from experience).
beerchug.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (K98 @ Sep 26 2004, 09:15 PM)

I believe they are terrorists. They go out capture civilians trying to rebuild their country and behead them.

will you ever pull your gun loving, redneck out of your ass?

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (thomes08 @ Sep 27 2004, 05:52 PM)
himan nature and immaturity IMO.  I agree people want answers for stuff.  But we have the answers.  We are 99.9999999999999% sure bin laden and the people clsoe to him are responsible for 9/11.  The people who directly did it are dead, so there is no chance of revenge on them. Bin laden is hiding and you can't have revenge on him at the moment.  So what do people do, blame all Muslims!  Just because you want revenge on the peron/people at fault doesn't mean you should hate the whole group.

Why not hate all men?  because i haven't seen any woman terrorists, only men.  Therefore all men are terrorists.

I don't remember the fallacy that kind of thinking is called.  but it is exactly that, a fallacy and has no ground in resonable thinking.

Exactly... humans NEED someone to blame...

They also want the easy way out... Instead of finding all the terrorists, they want to kill everyone...

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Bush's Fear Tactics...
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ Sep 27 2004, 07:46 PM)
Exactly... humans NEED someone to blame...

They also want the easy way out... Instead of finding all the terrorists, they want to kill everyone...

your post is very short and doesnt have any facts, but its the truth none the less

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5