xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Iraq What Percentages Are Against Or Are For?  (Read 119 times)

melon

• Archived User
Iraq What Percentages Are Against Or Are For?
« on: May 25, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

Sorry no abstaining.

I dont want this to turn into another flaming thread.
I am just curious to what percentages are in favour of or against the war.

I know what a few of you will put but im sure there are more people who read these threads than post in them.

What is your opinion?
vote

edit: I should have made this clear, my fault. Did you belive we were wrong to goto war? I dont mean now where there now we have to finish the job or at the time you thought it was the right thing to do.

I mean now you know all the facts do you think we were wrong to go to war.

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

I voted against (surprised?)

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »

me too

ViNCe_V

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (Colonel32 @ May 25 2004, 09:31 PM)
I don't really understand what you would want to happen by not supporting it, the war is over.

Well...actually the war is far from over:
QUOTE (ViNCe_V @ May 25 2004, 09:34 PM)
Graduate student Moqtada al-Sadr, an Islamic extremist with ties to the mullahs of Iran, has assembled an Army of about 5,000-6,000 men. This is similar to how the Russian Revloution was started by a few thousand determined radicals in a country of 150+ million. Therefore, America may soon be experiences deaths like it was in Vietnam, where at its height of violence, American deaths totalled 500/week. I hope you realize America has no clear goal out of Vietn....er Iraq. (That was on purpose, the smarter of you all will understand what I meant. The rest of you will probably laugh assuming it was a typo.)

That is a recent news finding. al-Sadr's army has not been defeated. Therefore, the war is not over. The Iraq war was a mistake. I want it to end, but I see no way to make it stop. To stop the violence would allow those hurt to retaliate (as America did). It seems America has opened Pandora's box. I sure hope Bush knows how to close it....

BTW, I voted no  biggrin.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »

yea, you cant say a war is over, or win a war over civilians living in that country that dont want you there and will stop at nothing to make you leave
o and i just heard on the news (WNPR news radio in michigan, very unbiased) that bush wants to up the troop toll in iraq

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 02:15:00 PM »

see edited 1st post.

come on guys there are tons of threads for arguing about points. I wanted this to be about the figures.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »

sorry  sad.gif

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 05:04:00 AM »

These polls never seem to be conclusive, based on previous attempts.  There have been at least three "Who are you voting for" polls, and assuming no one's opinion changed, they've all given erratic conclusions.  A poll on the main page, despite not regarding xbox, or electronic entertainment, would be a lot better - since everyone votes in those.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 05:32:00 AM »

I support the war in IRAQ and support the idea of not leaving until the country has been secured.

my .02 cents

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »

any view is welcomed and will not be argued with.

nemt i didnt know how succesfull it would be, but it was worth trying.

edit: what do people think about a thread discussing the war.

Only you can post ONCE and not comment on what somone else has wrote.
I know there is no way of enforcing this, unless cearnal (damm my spelling, this is not an attack at you nemt but guenuine), has the power to delete posts and is willing to particapate.
everyone could have there say without bieng flamed.
It would be quite interesting reading peoples opinions and what they back them up with.

what you think???

BloodyMary

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (LepPpeR @ May 27 2004, 09:32 AM)
I support the war in IRAQ and support the idea of not leaving until the country has been secured.

my .02 cents

Unfortunately, to 'secure' the country (being Iraq in this case)

I think the US is going to have to invade all the other Middle East nations as well...

This whole establishing Democracies crap is no different then when the Soviets and the Chinese were busy spreading communism around the world (well actually China is still at it)...

As much as I hate the fucking UN, they seem to think they are the governing body of the world, and as such, they should be the ones deciding when and where this stuff should happen and if the US doesn't want to participate, then they don't.

I voted against the war in Iraq... had this been 10+ years ago (when Iraq invaded Kuwait), I would have fully supported going in and taking out Saddam and his regime, its really sad that we didn't do it then...  sad.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (BloodyMary @ May 27 2004, 12:48 PM)

As much as I hate the fucking UN, they seem to think they are the governing body of the world, and as such, they should be the ones deciding when and where this stuff should happen and if the US doesn't want to participate, then they don't.

shit, sorry melon, but i couldnt pass this up

the UN thinks that does it mary? and whats the US doing right now
"your either with us, or your with the terrorists"
- George W Bush

so whos the "governing council of the world"?

ViNCe_V

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

Hm...I apologize melon for posting in this forum. But, I must.

nemt and mary are not arguing against us? Mary even says that she is not for the war in Iraq? Man, times change. Glad we were able to shine enough information into your eyes to make you understand. And as far as the UN doing anything, its really pathetic. The UN to me is a joke, because it has no real power.

And as far as taking on the whole middle east, I pray you are wrong. If the US declares war on the middle east, it is basically declaring war on Muslims. This will turn into another holocaust and I doubt any country in the world will stand for it.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (melon @ May 25 2004, 05:13 PM)
I dont want this to turn into another flaming thread.

DarkManX4lf

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

I have my doubts as to how that will work but I certainly support the idea of democracy in Iraq.

i dunno but i think Iraq should be able to choose their own government me personally i think a strict Islamic government would work for all people, because if you did your research on an islamic government it is moral and fits anyone, but that just my opinion
Pages: [1] 2