xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Well Done America  (Read 474 times)

melon

• Archived User
Well Done America
« on: May 19, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »

Same sex marriges are now happening in Massachusetts and San Fran. I think this is a brilliant step forward which will help erode the stigma of homosexuality in your country. I hope Britain follows suit.
I know Canada already allows this, but give America its due.
I just hope Bush doesnt change the law as he is threatning to do.

This can only bring happiness into peoples lives so why would anyone be against it?

nemt

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »

The President can't change a specific state's law.  You really need to pay closer attention to american politics and how our legal system works, if you feel such a need to critique it.

Gay marriage is great for gays, but it's terrible for anyone paying for health insurance already.

rms2001

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »

This is most defiantly a step in the wrong direction.

Marriage should be between man and woman. End of story.

melon

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2....bush.marriage/
this is a link to a news article about Bush changing the law.

I dont understand about the health service?
Could you elaborate please.

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 01:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (melon @ May 19 2004, 05:07 PM)
I dont understand about the health service?
Could you elaborate please.

The health insurance issue (IMO) is a lame arguement against gay marriage.

I can't vote in favor of gay marriage... I see no realist reason why they would want to get married for any other reason then so shove it in my face (I should hope I'm wrong about that).  I have gay female friends, that perhaps I'll discuss this with sometime to see their perspective.  As of today, I can see no reason, no justification, no positive for gay marriages...

Perhaps my opinion on this issue can be changed... but certainly not by any comments made here...

nemt

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »

I'd love to.  Right now, health insurance is extremely expensive in the entire country.  Many employers offer health insurance for their workers, and workers' spouses.  If gay "marriages" are given the same right from a legal standpoint, this will force insurance providers to cover homosexual partners as well, with no added revenue.  Additionally, the homosexual population will require more expensive care, as STDs occur much for frequently proportionally within their ranks.  This raises healthcare premiums for EVERYONE with insurance, not just those getting the new coverage.

In America, everyone has equal rights, and everyone should have the right to marry.  Right now, anyone is free to marry, they are simply not free to change the definition of marriage.  No one thinks gays should be deprived of their constitutional right to marry, they just should not be permitted to "marry" each other, as it creates a double standard and shows favoritism to a specific group.

melon

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »

Blody Mary I dont see the point in marriage either. Luckily my girl is a bit of a feminist and agrees. But people do belive in marriage and if 2 people in love want to marry they should be allowed to. And about shoving it in your face, I know a few couples (straight), who have got married recently and they love nothing more than to shove it in my face and ask, so whens your turn!
Even my auntie is doing it every time I see her, her 2 kids are now married and my sister is, so it is just me saying whats the point I would rather keep my 1000's of pounds? All I get is you should get married, constantly   mad.gif

Nemt you make a valid point about std's in homosexual (mainly male), relationships. This is due to men sleeping around a lot more. Married gay couples would be faithfull to one another so there would be no increase in risk of them becoming infected.

they just should not be permitted to "marry" each other, as it creates a double standard and shows favoritism to a specific group.

at the moment hetrosexuals are treated favourably.

nemt

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (melon @ May 19 2004, 05:31 PM)
Married gay couples would be faithfull to one another so there would be no increase in risk of them becoming infected.

at the moment hetrosexuals are treated favourably.

Faithfulness in a relationship isn't solely based upon marriage.  Besides, marriage isn't a cure for any STD one may or may not already have.

Heterosexuals aren't treated favorably, they don't get anything homosexuals don't.  No one is letting heterosexuals change the rules and taylor specific laws around them, which is what legalized gay marriage would be doing.

Go to a car dealership and tell the salesman you want a car with a twelve gallon propane tank and have the three different temperature settings, for perfect burgers in any conditions.  He'll tell you you probably don't want a car, but then again, he might change a law so barbecues are considered cars as well, just to cater to a vast minority.

melon

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »

at the moment gay couples csn marry so your arguments are pointless. There is a law change to stop them.

nemt

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (melon @ May 19 2004, 05:44 PM)
at the moment gay couples csn marry so your arguments are pointless. There is a law change to stop them.

No, you're wrong.  They can "marry" in Massachusetts legally, nowhere else.

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ May 19 2004, 05:35 PM)
Go to a car dealership and tell the salesman you want a car with a twelve gallon propane tank and have the three different temperature settings, for perfect burgers in any conditions.  He'll tell you you probably don't want a car, but then again, he might change a law so barbecues are considered cars as well, just to cater to a vast minority.

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

That's doesn't 'really' apply to this arguement/topic... but it was sure funny as hell...

nagmine

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »

You know whats funny is most states dont allow family members to marry. (brother +sister) . Im sure most of u would agree that would be sick anyways and cause bad genetics.

So since when was A man and a man having  sex considered good genetics?

I say after gay marriage starts america will tumble with it. Look at countrys that have alowed such things?

Netherlands ?

drugs , prostituion ,  gay marriage  hell u can fucking kill ur self if u want they dont give a shit. I talked to a friend i know from the neitherlands and he says it fuckin hell over there.

Why does america always gotta adapt to everyone elses issues and have to forget about the FUCKING MORALS THAT STARTED THIS COUNTRY

Look at canada gay protesters went into a church and started protesting them for saying stuff against gays. THey were saying "FUCK JESUS FUCK THE BIBLE!" during service infront of children and everything.  How come they can say anything thing they want but since im christian and my believes say that gayism is unmoral ALL A SUDDEN I LOSE MY SPEECH RIGHTS?

If i was to walk out side today and get shot even for being a christian it wouldnt be no big deal u would see my name in the newspaper the end put me six feet in a hole. Now if a gay man walks out side and is shot for being gay what happens? ALL A SUDDEN ITS A HATE CRIME! and everyone  flips out and starts bashing religion and morals and american ways. They will have a few parades in his honor and all that bull shit. Since when does it make a man better then I am cause he stuck his dick in another man?  blink.gif

nemt

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »

Where does it end?  The argument of love is invalid for many reasons, most notably:

1: The constitution never mentioned love, nor does any legal document regarding marriage or union in any state.

2: It is just as possible to love more than one person as it is to love someone of the same gender, however, multiple-marriage is widely accepted as an illegal act.

Ween311

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

Marriage is between a man and a woman.  I hope that other states do not choose to recognize the marriage of gay individuals from Mass.

HydroBob

• Archived User
Well Done America
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (rms2001 @ May 19 2004, 10:05 PM)
This is most defiantly a step in the wrong direction.

Marriage should be between man and woman. End of story.

With no evidence to back you up? Why? Why can't two men or women be married, because it's 'GROSS'? How does it harm you if two men or women get married? They don't beg sex of you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5